• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ivory Pokedex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2013
    These fakemon look really good! good job at spriting :]
    The birds may need a few tweeks, a different color palette in one of the evos would do the trick.

Sorry,-ty-,but there are some problems while making your Pokedex:
    1.Since your Fire Starter was based on a Dragon/Dinosaur,it should be Fire/Rock or Fire/Dragon.
    2. The Water Starter went before the Fire Starter.
    3. Since the Water Starter is based on coral,it should have a Rock Type too. =Water/Rock
    4. The Male Ant looked like it evolves to the Female Ant,and it looked like the Female Ant evolves to the Anthill Queen or the Boxing Ant.
    5. Since the "Birds" were in the Pokedex,they should be Normal/Flying Types since they ARE birds.
    6. The Rock One also needs to be a Normal/Rock Type,since it's based on a type of mammal.
    7. The Poison Gym Leader didn't look so anime-ish to me. Just to remind you!:D

Exactly what Nakuzami said.
    1- They don't really have to... Charizard is a flying dragon but it's Fire/Flying.
    3- Yeah, not a requeriment. Corals can be pictured as a rock/plant/animal... so yeah.
    5- mmh, I actually think this one makes sense :0... (not because they are birds, though)
    7- Anime is not a requeriment. It's not an official game, it's a fake game so originality is the best.

Challenger

The Challenger
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2012
    It may just be me, but from the dex there looks like tere's too many grass pokemon

Years
  • Sorry,-ty-,but there are some problems while making your Pokedex:
    1.Since your Fire Starter was based on a Dragon/Dinosaur,it should be Fire/Rock or Fire/Dragon.
    2. The Water Starter went before the Fire Starter.
    3. Since the Water Starter is based on coral,it should have a Rock Type too. =Water/Rock
    4. The Male Ant looked like it evolves to the Female Ant,and it looked like the Female Ant evolves to the Anthill Queen or the Boxing Ant.
    5. Since the "Birds" were in the Pokedex,they should be Normal/Flying Types since they ARE birds.
    6. The Rock One also needs to be a Normal/Rock Type,since it's based on a type of mammal.
    7. The Poison Gym Leader didn't look so anime-ish to me. Just to remind you!:D

1. A starter with those types would have either too much of an advantage or huge weaknesses. For instance, when fighting your rival the first time in the said game with a fire type against their automatic water type, hypothetically of course.
    2. I would agree with that. Order shouldn't change. And Victini, is so wrong...
    5. Every generation has had Normal/Flying type, so that would make sense, but it is the designer's choice.
    6. That's like saying Sandshrew has to be Normal/Ground when it's only Ground. Or Pikachu has to be Normal/Electric, but I'm sure anyone here could tell you he's just Electric.
    7. The style IS very different, but not everyone draws the same. And if we did, it would be very boring. D:

@ -ty-

But anyways, these sprites look pretty dang cool. Like super awesome. A little concept tweaking on them could help though. Those birds do need some reworking or to be resprited completely. They look too similar between evolutions and the third one looks like it's facing too straight on.

geoisevil

Evil Trainer
    Years
    • WA
    • Seen Jan 19, 2018
    these are good sprites but really the only great ones are the grass line along the bottom the problem with the other sprites is they are posed in a boring way and are disproportionate in several cases such the case of the bird line the designs dont change very much between evolutions but all in all much better than quite a few fakemon spriters out there (like whoever designed the fakemon for chaos black -__-)

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
    Years
  • Did you get permission from the original author to use her template?

No, you didn't. She's a good friend of mine on deviantART and she did NOT appreciate you taking her hard work. I request that you take it down immediately.

AtavanHalen343

Dacaytus, one of my sprites.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    Extremely well done! The fire starter is my particular favorite ^.^

Years
  • Oh boy.

Look, don't steal or take anything from other artists on different sites or at all, in general. It's bad. You actually made no contact with the artist. She's completely upset that you just "recolored" her template and stole it.

I want those backgrounds taken off. Not only do I want iff off, but so does the original artist.I've seen the original link on the dA submission. It was submitted about 3 or 2 months before your thread. If you don't have your own, original work, don't post it. Please.

I'm just here to tell you to take off the background. Logiedan is here to go and talk to if you have any questions, and he can take care what to do with you and your thread. Just PLEASE TAKE OFF THE background.

Years
  • Thread closed for not heeding your warnings. The stolen content has still not been removed, therefore all images with the stolen content has been deleted from the thread.

Please read the rules.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back