• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Jade Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Ok everyone i agree the path is Eye catching
    SO i recoloured it to match the houses
    See:
    Pokemon Jade Version

and other UPDATES too:
    Azure field
    Pokemon Jade Version

White rose city
    Pokemon Jade Version

The leader left ...
    Pokemon Jade Version
    *yes i'm aware of the little "a" in "LEADER" was a mistake*
    Vacant Gym
    Pokemon Jade Version

White wood path
    Pokemon Jade Version
    Pokemon Jade Version
    Pokemon Jade Version

And Countryemo Is hepling mapping

Credits:
    Green Charizard(I think) Tree Tiles
    Calis Grass and path tiles
    Nintendork15 , Kininja , Countryemo Mapping

:)

Years
    That path is still god-awful.
    Look, the big blue bits in the center of the path? Change them to match the gray/beige, then darken them SLIGHTLY. Get rid of that blue, it looks terrible :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    That path is still god-awful.
    Look, the big blue bits in the center of the path? Change them to match the gray/beige, then darken them SLIGHTLY. Get rid of that blue, it looks terrible :D
    I agree with Giradialkia, The path still looks horrible.
    The bright blue checkered pattern doesn't work, replace it with a natural
    path color.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    As everyone says,the path looks bad. The best color would be gray for it. I actually liked the first one more.
    Try to make the grass more natural. It looks fake because the grass is straight. The cities look a bit,eh...too plain. Try to put some flowers,trees and rocks to them.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    The path does look bad. It looks like indoor floor tiles xD;
    I dunno why. Maybe fading the colors to something brown-ish, not blue? =P

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Whee this will be fun!

Okay I understand that the story is supposed to sound mysterious, vague, secret, etc. but I really don't know what's going to happen in your story besides the fact that Rayquaza is going to play some part. I am assuming that trying to add grammar is something that's just not going to happen so my suggestion would be to perhaps go into more detail about what's going to happen. Yes, team rocket will "fall", but why? I really didn't get anything off of your story and I'm sure that most other people won't understand it either.

Now, looking over your screenshots, the mapping doesn't seem too bad, but then looking at the large mapshot it looks atrocious. Do you know why? There are a lot of tile errors that weren't captured in any of your screenshots. I've highlighted the ones I noticed after a quick scan.

Spoiler:

Another thing I see in the map shot is your use of grass tiles. They're all the same tile which makes your map a lot less attractive than it could/should be. Your trees are all completely and entirely straight. This isn't always a bad thing, but when it's only one row in the middle of the town it's really less effective than it can be when used properly.

Your Route 1 screens look fairly better than this first town though it still seems rather full of ledges, the same grass tile, and blocky tall grass mapping (which again isn't a bad thing necessarily). There are a lot less tile errors in this, nice job. Tree shading is still something you may want to look at because it would make the rest of the map appear much stronger.

Haha, yes, like you said, Dersen City is by far your best map... although it's not entirely fantastic. ;)
    I'm not a fan of the one-tile walking space you have by the bottom entrance so I would strongly prefer it if you would enlarge that a bit. Now I only have a few more comments related to this map. For one thing, almost all of your flowers are held up in that lower right hand corner of the map. If you spread those out more towards the left and upper parts of the map it would look much better. Also, towns should almost never have tall grass. It's just a general rule of thumb to not do that.

Oh man, it's over? :(

I want to reiterate that there's a lot of things going wrong with this hack... but it's not like there's no hope. I tried my best to point out to you what I thought could be fixed and worked on and improved and so I hope that that's how you take this criticism. Good luck with your hack, Nintendork15.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Whee this will be fun!

Okay I understand that the story is supposed to sound mysterious, vague, secret, etc. but I really don't know what's going to happen in your story besides the fact that Rayquaza is going to play some part. I am assuming that trying to add grammar is something that's just not going to happen so my suggestion would be to perhaps go into more detail about what's going to happen. Yes, team rocket will "fall", but why? I really didn't get anything off of your story and I'm sure that most other people won't understand it either.

Now, looking over your screenshots, the mapping doesn't seem too bad, but then looking at the large mapshot it looks atrocious. Do you know why? There are a lot of tile errors that weren't captured in any of your screenshots. I've highlighted the ones I noticed after a quick scan.

Spoiler:

Another thing I see in the map shot is your use of grass tiles. They're all the same tile which makes your map a lot less attractive than it could/should be. Your trees are all completely and entirely straight. This isn't always a bad thing, but when it's only one row in the middle of the town it's really less effective than it can be when used properly.

Your Route 1 screens look fairly better than this first town though it still seems rather full of ledges, the same grass tile, and blocky tall grass mapping (which again isn't a bad thing necessarily). There are a lot less tile errors in this, nice job. Tree shading is still something you may want to look at because it would make the rest of the map appear much stronger.

Haha, yes, like you said, Dersen City is by far your best map... although it's not entirely fantastic. ;)
    I'm not a fan of the one-tile walking space you have by the bottom entrance so I would strongly prefer it if you would enlarge that a bit. Now I only have a few more comments related to this map. For one thing, almost all of your flowers are held up in that lower right hand corner of the map. If you spread those out more towards the left and upper parts of the map it would look much better. Also, towns should almost never have tall grass. It's just a general rule of thumb to not do that.

Oh man, it's over? :(

I want to reiterate that there's a lot of things going wrong with this hack... but it's not like there's no hope. I tried my best to point out to you what I thought could be fixed and worked on and improved and so I hope that that's how you take this criticism. Good luck with your hack, Nintendork15.

Those were the old maps and Screens
    Im going to post the pics in there soon
    once im done messing/fixing tiles and stuff

Not much of a Update but ...

New House Tiles :~)
    Pokemon Jade Version

Credit ~ Alucus :)

Kininja

Where is Wally?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2011
    I like the new house tiles :)
    True ... the path could use some more work and stuff
    anyway cant wait for beta :)

And about the name "MARBLE" Change it ... HAve Rob or something :P

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I like the new house tiles :)
    True ... the path could use some more work and stuff
    anyway cant wait for beta :)

And about the name "MARBLE" Change it ... HAve Rob or something :P

Yh path crummy i know :/
    Beta....soon
    Name ... I was think Charlie :D
    I like the name and the gym is being changed to Bug Type :D

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    New story:
    Story:
    Your a 15 year old child ever since your were 8 you adored pokémon
    Your favourate pokémon was a phanpy. Your father, DUKE, became the champion of the itzsu region when he was 28. when he became champion
    he never returned home.your mother was devastated.Most children get there pokémon at the age of 10.But your mother wanted to wait till you were mature.Now two
    months after your birthday your neighbor Prof.MASON
    is glad to help

:D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    ^

About your storyline. Could you possibly add more details regarding the character and the father?. As you can see it's a bit confusing without explaining the events in the story just the way you said that " when he became champion, he never returned home.your mother was devastated. Most children get there pokémon at the age of 10 But your mother wanted to wait till you were mature. Now two months after your birthday your neighbor Prof. MASON is glad to help "' the main character's father never returned. My question is, is the main character going to search for his father or just to travel the Itzu Region and beat his father?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    ^

About your storyline. Could you possibly add more details regarding the character and the father?. As you can see it's a bit confusing without explaining the events in the story just the way you said that " when he became champion, he never returned home.your mother was devastated. Most children get there pokémon at the age of 10 But your mother wanted to wait till you were mature. Now two months after your birthday your neighbor Prof. MASON is glad to help "' the main character's father never returned. My question is, is the main character going to search for his father or just to travel the Itzu Region and beat his father?

A bit of both ... he's merly travelling the region for the same region most 10 year olds do
    to try and beat the league
    But yes he searches for his father to
    but he doesnt know who his father is :/

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Of course, his father is the current champion. lawl. XD; (According to the storyline. x.x)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Of course, his father is the current champion. lawl. XD; (According to the storyline. x.x)

As far as player knows yes his father is.

However no-one tried the League challenge because of Team Live stealin Pokémon across the region they were afraid theres might be taken.

ANyways
    As you know i had an easter egg of Chikorita

now on route 404 there are 5 rare candies to collect as an easter egg

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    D: D: ROM CRASHED!!!! D:D:
    So im gonna start again but on ruby
    Since most good hacks are on ruby ;)

Status