• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Journal Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • SPECIAL THANKS TO Disturb Not The Harmony and to Volt5 for giving me this idea through reading their replies to my Gender Fairness Challenge.

Who are we?
    To simplify this for the average Pokemon gamer, we are a group or "team" of individuals who not only enjoy the Pokemon franchise, but in some way, feel bonded to these games.

What is our motive?
    Our motive is to not only inspire, but inform those just starting their journeys, to take part in providing the rest of this community (and many others), just a little more insight and thought put into the games that we play.

How do we accomplish this?
    After some much given thought, our method of sharing our experiences with this world and sharing our stories is simple. Each member, whenever possible, will use this thread as a means to record their journey. They will be required to provide some insight as to how their experiences were, what emotions were felt, and more importantly, provide advice and an overall opinion on different aspects of the games they play.

Who we allow?
    Absolutely anybody and everbody of all races, ages, genders, ethnic backgrounds, and languages. We do however expect you to use your proper language as if you were typing up an essay for school. This means, please refrain from abbreviating every word (big or small) or use L33T speak or some other immature and lacking speech. What good is it to record the details of your journey when only you have any idea what you even typed up?

What are our requirements for this?
    You must be willing and able to type up at least a paragraph or two (overall, doesn't have to be a paragraph, just equal the size of one) with details of your journey so far. This means, please only outline your important decisions, such as the Pokemon you captured, when they evolved (and what they evolved into, for those who are not as familiar), gyms you've beaten, enemy teams you fought (and beaten (or lost to)), and other important details. FURTHERMORE, if this is your first time playing the game, please share with us how the game feels so far, what catches your attention, and what you don't like. As for those who are gaming a 2nd time (or more) around, feel free to note down your emotions of reliving the nostalgia or perhaps just how it feels to play the game again. If you want, you could also type up the journal in a first-person perspective, as if you are actually in the game and travelling, we accept that kind of journal as well.

(At the top of your journal posts, please distinguish what "in-game" day it would be, what game you are playing, and what your trainer's name is. The more distinguishable, the better.)

Thank you all so much for reading this, hope your journeys are eventful and fulfilling.

(Please refrain from starting a journal mid-journey or at the end of your journey, as it is a bit out of the way and can be confusing for people who have just started the same game.)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Trainer: Noh
    Pokemon Journal Club
    | Game: Pokemon Nameless FireRed | Replay: Yes... technically.

JOURNAL #1
    Well, my journey began today with a meeting with Professor Oak, it seems he has 3 new Pokemon to introduce to us here in Pallet Town. I hope I don't miss out and get left with a quick catch. After leaving my house and having a chat with Professor Oak, I was given an adorable little Fennekin.
    Pokemon Journal Club
    She is just the sweetest little fox I have ever seen. I was going to give her a nickname, but I honestly couldn't come up with anything. Oh well, I'm just happy to have her around, she's rather playful and very upbeat... honestly something I'm not used to.

However, I had to fight Professor Oak's grandson, which is not much fun when all he does is complain about everything. I can't help but feel sorry for Professor Oak, stuck having to deal with a snob-nosed brat like that.

After a few battles on my way to the next town, I was able to pick up Oak's Parcel... not really sure what it is for, but I guess it is important for some reason. Anyways, not long after reaching the next town and doing a bit of grinding, Fennekin learned to Howl, although it still sounds like a squeak if anything. I can't say she didn't try, but we will definitely have to work on that in the future. For now, I think we'll take a break and check around, probably going to get some more Pokeballs for my journey. If anything, I'm pretty excited to show Professor Oak's grandson what it means to be a real trainer... stupid jerk.

P.S.- Don't forget to grab the map before going to the woods up ahead.

Last edited:
    Years
    Pokemon Journal Club

JOURNAL #2
    After a decent rest and a bit of healing at the PokeCenter, Fennekin and I made our way out of Viridian City and into Viridian Forest. I must say, as big as this forest is, it seems really quiet. Not to mention, absolutely full of irritating bugs. Luckily, Fennekin handled them with ease. Interestingly enough, we befriended one of the Bug Catchers there (but I completely forgot his name), and in the process of looking around, I found a Surskit
    Pokemon Journal Club
    . I'm not 100% sure if I should keep him or not, but he does look a bit adorable. Maybe I'll keep him, or perhaps I'll just let him be free to roam as he pleases.

OH! That reminds me, huge news! My adorable fluffy little Fennekin evolved into a lovely and rather awesome looking Braixen!
    Pokemon Journal Club
    Well, now that this is getting better and better, I think I'll be returning back to Viridian City and heading towards Victory Road. Last I heard, Professor Oak's Grandson is over there, so what better way to test my Braixen than by testing it against my Rival. I'm sure he'll be surprised to see my Pokemon evolved first. After that, I'll make my way to Pewter City and see what the Gym Leader Brock has in store. I'm sure I'll learn a fair bit from him and maybe even get some tips for the next gym.

Last edited:
    Years
    Pokemon Journal Club

JOURNAL #3
    So far, so good! Not long after returning to Viridian City, I did in fact, encounter Professor Oak's Grandson on Victory Road. To be honest, that was the easiest fight I could have had. However, after all that was said and done, and I returned back to Pewter City, I took on Brock four times in a row before finally mustering up enough strength to take him down. I have to admit, he was a lot harder than I expected, fire attacks were pretty much useless and only my Braixen's Psybeam attack was strong enough to topple his team. I swear, that was one heck of a challenge!

After that was over, I learned a great deal about not only the way of Pokemon Trainer is, but more importantly, what it means to truly love and respect your Pokemon. Soon after, I decided to let the Surskit run along and be with his family. I hope things work out for that little guy. Speaking of little, along the way, I found an abandoned nest with a Fletchling
    Pokemon Journal Club
    in it. It seemed the poor thing was left all alone, and like any father should, I took the child under my wing (hah, bird puns) and decided to keep her. She's such a frail and soft little bird, I shall do my best to raise her right and be as kind as I can be.

UPDATE: The Fletchling is doing great, she already warmed up to me really fast and now she's perched up on my shoulder, tweeting a little song. Things are going absolutely amazingly. For now, I think I'll be helping this little girl grow big and strong like Braixen.

Years
    Pokemon Journal Club

JOURNAL #4
    Well, I made my way to Mt. Moon, but of course, had to stop and take a break. I mean, I don't mind it, I definitely don't want to make my team exhausted. But good news though, while getting some practice with Fletchling, she evolved into a Fletchinder
    Pokemon Journal Club
    . Pretty awesome if I do say so myself, she's turning out to be a strong and agile bird, it warms my heart.

But wait, there is much more. Not only did she evolve, I also found a lost Cubchoo
    Pokemon Journal Club
    just sitting around in Mt. Moon. No idea why a Cubchoo would be this far away from the snow, but it'll grow up to be one cool (hah, cold puns) bear. Currently working on getting my little cub to grow up into a strong and fearsome bear, I'm sure he'll grow up just fine... with absolute strength and determination. I'm definitely enjoying this journey so far. Although, I'm starting to get sick of Nurse Joy saying "We hope to see you again.", like seriously, that's really messed up to say. I'm sure she doesn't mean it that way, but still, it just sounds mean.

Last edited:
    Years
    Pokemon Journal Club

JOURNAL #5
    Phew! I finally made my way out of Mt. Moon and have reached the beautiful scenery of Cerulean City. From what I remember reading, the Gym Leader here is named Misty and from my best guess, I'm going to assume she's a Water or Ice type gym. If anything, this will definitely be a challenge, since 2 of my 3 Pokemon are weak to Water and Ice attacks. I'm sure I'll figure this out, but for now I think I'll be taking a good rest here, get my Pokemon in tip-top shape, and then get the next Gym Badge. As of right now, all I have is the Boulderbadge.

In other news with high spirits, all my Pokemon are doing really good! Fletchinder is spending most of her time flying around my head nowadays, she's definitely much stronger than before and knows how to pack one hell of an Ember, Cubchoo is definitely turning out to be a strong little bear, he sure loves to throw snowballs though, which can make the brightest of days seem rather chilly, and of course, my lovely Braixen is fighting with top notch percision and an unmatchable strength so far. While in Mt. Moon, we befriended even more people (of which I forgot their names), and then had a fight with some nerdy guy over two fossils. Luckily, we won and earned his respects... I think. Well, in the end, we earned ourselves the Sail Fossil
    Pokemon Journal Club
    . Which I am super excited to get reborn, if I am correct, it is the fossil for Amaura
    Pokemon Journal Club
    . I am absolutely amped to add another Ice type to my team. It is a remarkable thing to be able to revive extinct Pokemon with merely a few bones. Technology sure is powerful. Well, that is all for now, I think I'll be getting myself a bit of rest, doing a bit of training, and then I'll take down the Cerulean City Gym.

Last edited:
    Years
    Pokemon Journal Club

JOURNAL #6
    A pretty decent amount of stuff has happened since I arrived at Cerulean City. First off, I faced my Rival once again before crossing the Nugget Bridge, and I have to say, he's actually pretty difficult to take down now, definitely gave me a run for my money. All and all though, it was a fair and clean fight, we each held our own and put up our best to the test. After beating him, I made my way across Nugget Bridge over to Bill's house, there I was given a ticket to the luxury ship known as the S. S. Anne. I'm pretty excited to see what the ship will hold in store for me, but first, I still have to take down Gym Leader Misty back at Cerulean City.

Oh, and that reminds me, I made a new friend and ally with a Zorua
    Pokemon Journal Club
    as well. Pretty happy to have him on my team, although, he is one sneaky son-of-a-gun. I know for a fact he'll be handy when I want to snag some items from other trainers. Outside of that, he is by far the most serious Pokemon, he doesn't seem very playful and doesn't get along well with the other members of my team, even so, I know he has their backs, he's already showed his defensiveness towards the Team Rocket that attacked us at the end of Nugget Bridge.

UPDATE: I have decided to avoid Misty for now and instead take a bit of a look ahead. First off, I went through someone's house that was ransacked by Team Rocket, and sure as expected, the guy wasn't smart enough to leave very far from the scene of the crime. Well, I made quick work of him, disposing of his team and sending him packing empty handed. After that, I tried to return the stolen property, but it seems the people didn't mind too much that it was stolen, so they moved on from that and so did I. Afterwords, I headed down the road a bit up ahead and spotted a Vulpix
    Pokemon Journal Club
    . After a quick battle (and a much deserved healing and snack), the Vulpix accepted me and is now another companion on this journey. It seems my entire team, except for two of them, are mainly Fire types.

Last edited:
    Years
    Pokemon Journal Club

JOURNAL #7
    HOLY CRAP! First off, after like 30 attempts, I finally beat Misty. However, I was so fed up with her bullcrap team that I completely ignored her and stormed out of there just absolutely hot-headed and ready to break something. Like seriously, even the usual Grass types were absolutely useless against her arsenal of BULLCRAP! Like what the hell!?!? How is she only the 2nd Gym Leader and this freaking difficult. In the end, half of my team had fainted and I was literally down to a single hit left before losing again. My freaking word, that was utter BULLCRAP! I am absolutely infuriated, I had to grind for a long freaking time just to barely even stand a chance, like what the actual crap!?!?! I was even 20 levels above her and her team annihilated me in seconda every time, absolutely bullcrap! My god, I just want to burn her gym down to the ground with her in it, that was absolutely positively horsecrap!

ANYWAYS... now for some good news. So, all of my Pokemon have become pretty freaking powerful, especially my Zorua, which evolved into on beast of a Zoroark
    Pokemon Journal Club
    . Like, my god, my Zoroark one-shots pretty much everything. Not to mention, he's also snagged up so many goodies, I'm becoming filthy rich with all stuff I'm able to sell. Now I can leave this freaking city and move on, cause holy crap, that was one challenge I'll never forget (as much as I want to).

Years
    Pokemon Journal Club

JOURNAL #8
    My journey so far has been a rough one, I faced two Gym Leaders with some superior teams and one heck of a losing streak I started against them. However, things are looking much brighter now and far more amazing than I thought it would be. First off, I finally made it to Vermilion City, where I had one outstanding time chit-chatting with all the locals and learning about this superb place. Next, I took my ticket and boarded the S. S. Anne, where I then proceeded to mingle with the other vacationers and had so many battles with them, as well as some of the staff and local sailors. It was absolutely amazing! My Zoroark really pulled through, and not only took down everyone on the ship, but completely decimated my Rival. It was absolute Heaven, like everything was going just beautifully. After that, we all took a much needed rest, munched down some good grub, and enjoyed the sea breeze. Truly a magnificent and fulfilling experience.

However, because my Zoroark is so powerful now, the rest of my team is looking pretty low in morale, and I feel that I haven't been giving them enough attention. So, I will be spending a good long while training and appreciating the rest of my team for even helping me get this far. I'll tell you, this journey is something special and unforgettable, I am truly both at peace and excited to see what will happen next. But for now, my team and I will be taking our time and getting some well needed practice and rest before taking on the next gym and the leader Blaine. What a day it has been, what a day indeed.

UPDATE: I have decided to release Fletchinder and Vulpix. There are just way too many Fire types on my team. I raised them well, I'm sure they'll be happier with their own kind. I am really going to miss them though.

Last edited:
    Years
    Pokemon Journal Club

JOURNAL #9
    Well, a pretty decent bit of activity has taken place since my last journal entry. For starters, I beat the Gym Leader Blaine with ease, don't know why he was such a pushover when compared to the other two. Either way, the battle was fair and he taught me that one of the key qualities of being a Pokemon Trainer is knowing why you are one in the first place. For a while after that, I took a break with my companions, pondering why I am on this journey... and, I think I have an answer to that. The reason why I am on this journey is because I want to prove to myself that I am stronger than I come off as. Indeed I'm a nice and compassionate individual, but I'm also not going to let anyone use me as a footmat. After the rest, I decided to head to the Rock Tunnel, luckily, I did some backtracking and got the HM for "Flash" and the HM for "Cut". However, I once again had to makea tough decision. While backtracking, I came across a lady who was looking for a Cubchoo, and seeing as how I raised mine up to a pretty strong little guy, I said my goodbyes with tears in my eyes as I watched her smile with glee. I hope she'll keep him safe wherever she's going. Soon after, I also began filling up my Pokedex a bit, capturing a few Pokemon here and there, then fully healing them and releasing them back to be with their families. Now, my team is down to just two... my fearsome and brutal Zoroark and my benevolent and graceful Braixen. These two have been working themselves hard to the core, training almost all day and all night, especially Zoroark, he's at least double the levels of my Braixen.

Now, we've reached Lavender Town, and from what I can see right off the bat, this place is very quiet and very eerie, people here seem depressed all the time and even my Pokemon seem fatigued. I think it is best we head over to the gaming capital of Celadon City. I think we'll stop, spend some of our cash to get ourselves a proper night sleep, do a bit of gambling, and then stock up for the next gym battle.

Years
    Pokemon Journal Club

JOURNAL #10
    Well, not too much has happened since yesterday. My companions and I stopped off at Celadon City and began spending like crazy. I find it odd how Lemonade heals more than a Super Potion, but hey, if I can get something better for way cheaper, then sign me up! Also, while exploring the surrounding area, I managed to capture a
    Pokemon Journal Club
    Litwick, a
    Pokemon Journal Club
    Misdreavus, and a
    Pokemon Journal Club
    Sableye. Pretty excited to have a much more "sinister" team, as I have taken the time to teach all of them the move Thief with the help of my powerful and greedy pal, Zoroark. So far, things have been going absolutely amazing around here, been snagging up so much stuff, it is a fantastic way to become filthy rich. Other than that, my team is looking sharp, can't seem to figure out how to evolve my Braixen, maybe there is just something I'm missing. Oh well, at least Zoroark is pretty much maxed out and can One-Hit KO everything.

Years
    Pokemon Journal Club

JOURNAL #11
    Well, a fair amount of stuff had happened since my last journal entry. For starters, I managed to catch a
    Pokemon Journal Club
    Staravia and then I evolved a Bellsprout
    Pokemon Journal Club
    into a Victreebel
    Pokemon Journal Club
    . After that, I then made my way over to Celadon City's Gym Leader Erika, who was just a tad bit more difficult than Blaine. However, it looks like I'll be around here a bit longer. From what I can tell, Team Rocket is up to no good around here, and is causing all kinds of trouble for the citizens. I think it is time I do some deep exploration and get down to the bottom of this rascal behaviour. Well, wish me luck, cause I just found the opening into their underground base, looks like my buddy Zoroark is going to be busy ripping this base apart.

Oh, I almost forgot... I decided to let Misdreavus head back to the ghostly place she came from, and my Sableye is becoming stronger with every minute. We've also found a way to farm Stardust from Solrock
    Pokemon Journal Club
    and Lunatone
    Pokemon Journal Club
    , so we're bringing in the cash like no tomorrow!

Last edited:
    Years
    Pokemon Journal Club

JOURNAL #12
    So, a whole lot of crap happened in one day, I can honestly say that I am thoroughly exhausted. First off, my lovely and well-mannered Braixen finally evolved into a very serious and strong-willed Delphox
    Pokemon Journal Club
    . Then, my companions and I took down Team Rocket along with their leader Giovanni in Celadon City. Shortly after that, we got the Silph Scope and made our way back to Lavender Town. From here, we found out a man named Mr. Fuji was kidnapped and held hostage in the memorial tower for the many Pokemon that passed away. Well, after getting there, we then re-encoutered our Rival and knocked him down a peg or two, and made our way up to the top of the tower. Once there, we gave a lost soul of a Mother Marowak a final battle before allowing her to rest in peace, soon after, we cleared out all the obnoxious and cruel natured Rockets, and brought Mr. Fuji back to his care center. Finally, we said our goodbyes and in return for our kind and well-mannered efforts, we were given the PokeFlute.

Now, what's next... let's just say I have a couple of Snorlaxes
    Pokemon Journal Club
    to wake up.

UPDATE: I managed to catch both Snorlaxes... of course, I wasted around 50 Pokeballs on each doing so.

Last edited:
    Years
    Pokemon Journal Club

Well, a lot of stuff has taken place since my last entry, so to keep things in order and making sense. Here is all that has happened:

First off, I made my way down the boardwalk (bridges) towards Fuchsia City, from here, I did a bit of exploration to get the feel of this place and what it is all about. From what I can tell, this is more of a destination spot, a place for people to visit and stock up, whether it be on Pokemon or on items. Well, first things first, I made my way to the Pokecenter, from there, I met Pokemaniac Bill's mother and father. After that, I then took my path into Koga's gym, which was one major challenge, as he nearly wiped me out with all the status effects, it was absolute chaos and I was concerned beyoned what normally gets me. Well, almost all of my team fainted, but we barely beat him by the skin of our teeth. I'll tell you, Koga isn't one to mess with. In the end though, we exchanged goodbyes and I stepped out with another badge!

But wait, there is even more great news. Next, while searching around the surrounding area, I found two hidden passages, one which had a
    Pokemon Journal Club
    Gligar and another one which had a
    Pokemon Journal Club
    Absol. Then, on top of all of that... I managed to catch myself a
    Pokemon Journal Club
    Carnivine, and to add onto that, I even managed to get myself a
    Pokemon Journal Club
    Floette. So yeah, my journey is outstanding!

However, I do have bad news... it seems I have fallen ill, and it is taking a bit of a toll on my body and mind, so my journey may be a bit slower than I would like for it to be. I just hope my body doesn't give up. I must strive to become as strong as I am needed to be. Not only for myself... but for my family and my region.

Next up... I'll probably check out the Pokemon Safari.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back