• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Kanto Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Well, i was bored so i decided to make this hack, the name isn't final, i just made it up while typing all this.

The game itself is Pokemon Emerald, and what i'm doing is remaking the FRLG Kanto into the Emerald Engine, for a different feel.

Hopefully all 386 Pokemon Will be obtainable (if i backtrack and see which Poke's i have already added, and if i can put them in an Appropriate place)

This is just a test for myself, to see how well i can map and script. might never complete it, might not even pass 10% completion, depends on my determination, and also your guys criticism. is the hack awful, have i made a mistake, tile errors, all that, just post ur thoughts, also you can give me some ideas as this is my first hack.

The features of remaking FRLG maps into Emerald is that with the Emerald engine you can :

- Use Dive (Also Spots to dive into for Special Items, Rare Pokemon, etc)
    - Mach Bike / Acro Bike
    - Battle Frontier
    - Secret Bases
    - Berry Planting and Watering
    - Moving Pokemon Sprites
    - Unintentional Double Battles (the ones where you can either vs 1 person, or both of them at once when walking between the spot of which they both can see you)
    - PokeNav
    - Gym Leader Rematches via PokeNav
    - Soot Sack
    - Day And Night (Added it for a more Realistic Feel)
    and whatever else thats in pokemon emerald thats not in FR/LG.
    (will add more if i can remember)

but yeah, i'd like peoples thoughts on it.

Creds to Interdpth & ZodiacDaGreat for the DnS system.

Wasn't 100% sure if i should have posted this into Progressing hacks since i haven't done much and i'm redoing FR/LG on the emerald engine, to me a proper hack is like new unique maps, new names for places, like Pokemon Light Platinum.
    My hack is sorta like Pokemon Shiny Gold, a remake of Pokemon Gold within the fr/lg engine, for extra features, etc. yeah can compare to that, but on a much smaller scale.

also im noob, never finished a hack, so if this never gets finished, well thats just me.

So guys, what you think?

Here's Screens of the Maps, this isn't finished yet, maybe 5% complete (on the mapping side,no scripting done whatsoever)

Pallet Town
    pallettownmap12.png

Route 1
    route112.png

Viridian City
    viridiancity12.png

Route 22
    route2212.png

Route 2
    route212.png

Viridian Forest
    viridianforestjp.jpg

Pewter City
    pewtercityjp.jpg

Route 3
    route3jp.jpg

Route 4
    route4jp.jpg

Mt Moon Floor 1
    mtmoon1stfloorjp.jpg

Mt Moon Floor 2
    mtmoon2ndfloorjp.jpg

Mt Moon Floor 3
    mtmoon3rdfloorjp.jpg

phew

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2014
    sounds good
    i find the r/s/e run better for me some how :s
    oh and the screen shots have just come up as blue boxes with question marks
    good luck for this game

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2016
    I'm really liking those maps, they look very professional!

The maps are supposed to be the original Fire Red maps just in Emerald. Anyway, it's an interesting concept and I'll be checking this out.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    This is awesome; it makes me smile. I wish you best of luck on this hack. Although I believe this should be in Progressing Hacks/Hacks Showcase because the amount of work you're doing is still equivalent to an actual hack. Hacks that go in the Sideshowcase are more like "FireRed Hard Mode Lulz!!!!"

grotle_grovyle

Incredibly Lazy Brainstormer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Wow, this looks great! Can't wait to see more ^^ great idea, out of curiosity where do you plan to use the soot sack?

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Wow, this looks great! Can't wait to see more ^^ great idea, out of curiosity where do you plan to use the soot sack?

well i was thinking Mt Ember, but like the items you get are way better, ranging from Flute's to PP MAX.

Also i will need to learn how to script for pokemon Emerald asap. there aint much i can do besides mapping, because all the tut's i find are for Fire Red/Leaf Green.

I do like this idea but can I suggest something?
    Change the god awful tree tile, please!

Well honestly if I knew how to, i would, I know near to nothing about Tile Hacking, i wouldn't have a clue on how to insert them, etc. if i can get alot going for this hack, i might make a team, so we can all come together because all i can do is Map and i sort of understand scripts and other little titbits.

I also hate the Tree's but this is how they stay for now until i can change them.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2014
    hi again
    just saw the screen shots they look amazing
    this is very good work
    and i think where there is big patches of trees put random 1s in i think it would look cooler
    but it your hack so do whatever you want to do with it
    jw is there going to be sevi islands
    the legends like mew the dogs the regis
    and even jirachi deoxys and others :)
    or instead of sevi have the orange islands if your thinking about it

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    hi again
    just saw the screen shots they look amazing
    this is very good work
    1.and i think where there is big patches of trees put random 1s in i think it would look cooler
    but it your hack so do whatever you want to do with it
    2.jw is there going to be sevi islands
    3.the legends like mew the dogs the regis
    and even jirachi deoxys and others :)
    4.or instead of sevi have the orange islands if your thinking about it

1. I will make some maps look better later on, i rushed viridian forest and i know it can look heaps better.

2. if i get that far into the hack, then yeah i will put sevii islands.
    3. Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo will be added in their original spots.
    (after basic mapping and scripting is done, i will try to add the following)

Kyogre and Groudon will be added(in never seen before areas of Kanto)

The 3 Regi's will be catchable all at level 50

Regirock will be catchable in a secret place in Rock Tunnel (you will need rock smash)

Regice will be catchable in a secret place in Seafoam Islands (you will need rock smash)

Registeel will be catchable in a secret place at the Power Plant (you will need rock smash)

Deoxys Will be catchable at Birth Island (Lvl 50)

Ho-Oh and Lugia will be catchable at Navel Rock (Lvl 60)

Mew will be catchable at Faraway Island (Lvl 50)

Latios/Latias will roam around Kanto and the Sevii Islands (Lvl 45) (will replace the 3 dogs because i wouldnt have a clue on scripting the Roaming Pokemon)

any other legendaries might or might not make the cut.

4. Orange Islands is a Johto anime thing, thats all it ever will be lmaooo. in other words, no.

edit: 3. is just speculation, not sure yet

Last edited:

yaya0

は真優勝
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    If you need someone to beta test, I can help you with that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    finaly the weekend for me, phew
    haven't done much since last time, but i did do Cerulean City today (its an edit of Dewford, i added the house that has a backyard, and also the house that team rocket ruined, but i wont show that as its not final)

Cerulean City
    ceruleancityj.jpg

Route 24&25 Coming Soon! (so far, route 24 is done, now starting on route 25)

Also guys, i might need to get a team up soon (maybe)
    i will mainly need a scripter (to make the fr/lg scripts for this hack)
    and a spriter who can add some Kanto Characters into this hack.

but for now, ima stay mapping until theres more progress, stay tuned :P

(there will be beta for when theres more progress)

Last edited:

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    finaly the weekend for me, phew
    haven't done much since last time, but i did do Cerulean City today (its an edit of Dewford, i added the house that has a backyard, and also the house that team rocket ruined, but i wont show that as its not final)

Cerulean City
    ceruleancityj.jpg

Route 24&25 Coming Soon! (so far, route 24 is done, now starting on route 25)

Also guys, i might need to get a team up soon (maybe)
    i will mainly need a scripter (to make the fr/lg scripts for this hack)
    and a spriter who can add some Kanto Characters into this hack.

but for now, ima stay mapping until theres more progress, stay tuned :P

(there will be beta for when theres more progress)

This is looking pretty good.
    Also, I think Chaos Rush had some RSE style FR/LG overworlds if you wanna ask him. If he's not using them that is.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    thanks guys for all the positive feedback, im surprised people actually like the idea and the hack itself.
    Quickster:
    This is looking pretty good.
    Also, I think Chaos Rush had some RSE style FR/LG overworlds if you wanna ask him. If he's not using them that is.

i will get straight to that, after im done with the maps for the first beta im going to start up a team. (the 1st beta will go up to the 3rd gym)
    My progress so far is maybe 15% of the maps and 2% of the interiors lol,
    scripting = 0.5%
    :)

here's what i have done today, enjoy

Route 24
    route24jp.jpg

Route 25
    route24jp.jpg

[MINI UPDATE]

i will be adding the trick house :)

[Update 2]

Finished Route 5 (DayCare Centre, 4 Island wont have a daycare instead it will have ???)

Route 5
    route5jp.jpg

I only have about 2 main maps (Route 6 and Vermillion City) and like 25 interiors until i will try to start up a team. the interiors is going to be very boring to make lmaooo.

[Update 3]
    I made the 3 Maps for the Underground Path (Route 5-6) but everytime i go inside, i get massive tile glitches. not sure how to fix this.

Last edited:

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    This seems interesting, Scripting should be good for this if it we can use it to add to the game like miner people that say useless things :)

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2014
    wow looks amazing. I just think that you might have to expand the maps in order to fit all the kanto, johto, and hoenn pokemon

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back