• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Knowledge

Netta

Hikari Ko
    Years
    Wasn't so sure what to call this starter and weather it should go here or not, but here's a question for you all.

Without looking at any pokedex and/or any information about pokemon, what would you say has the most types. This question also goes with all versions of the pokemon games. This also include double types like water/ground. If it does, which many of the pokemon do, just add both to two types.

After about two to three weeks, I will do the counting and we'll find out just which type is the largest.

Normal
    Ghost
    Psychic
    Bug
    Fighting
    Ice
    Dark
    Flying
    Water
    Grass
    Electric
    Poison
    Ground
    Dragon
    Rock
    Fire
    Steel

Last edited:

~Solarys~

OMG, loli~~~!!!111oneone
    Years
    Water, definitely - water alone has 3 egg groups, and about half of the new Hoenn pokemons are water or part water, and about a third of the Sinnoh pokemon are part water.

If water isn't it, I'll vote for Flying (if Levitate counts as well).

Years
    Well, Poison had quite a bit up to G/S, and I'm sure they'll make a comeback. But don't underestimate the understated Normal following either.

So Poison 1st place, Normal 2nd place, or whichever.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Thats a good question.
    There seems to be lots of just a few or so kind.
    Water, Grass, Bug
    But im pretty sure its water

eureKa^

Veteran
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 9, 2022
    water or flying i think possibly something else like fire

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    I did this once for the Kanto and Johto Pokemon. Water Pokemon were the most numerous, followed by Normal, then Psychic. Grass and Poison weren't too far behind. And of course, the least numerous were Ghost and Dragon, with 4 each... I don't know, with the addition of Hoenn and Shinou, those stats may be different...

If we did this for the legendaries only, I bet Psychic would be the most common type. I think about 70% of the legendaries are Psychic-type...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Pokemon is grass/water themed the main starters that Ash uses is Grass, Treecko, Bulbasaur, Chikorita,

All grass and used more than Charmander/Squirtle, Torchic/Mudkip/, Cyndaquil/Totodile.

Though Ash uses water more but not as a starter..

So more Grass/Water

Netta

Hikari Ko
    Years
    Okay, Just so you all know, this includes the legendary into the types. After all, they are pokemon as I stated before. . . which pokemon type has the most. This includes legendaries.

My reasons.

One, I only know the LG/FR, SGC, and RSE. I did find a pokedex on the D/P however, I am not up to date as to which are the legendary pokemons on that version. That is why I perfer to put the legendaries together. Plus they are pokemon types and they belong in part of the deal.

By the way, you all have pretty good knowledge. I am now working on talling all the types. I noticed when I started that if I don't do the indevidual types, Flying would have none by itself so I've put a tally on both flying and normal.

I will not put down what I think except that I believe it maybe Normal that is the most, but we'll see.

^_^

Sorry for the triple post! The computer I'm using is very strange, so please dont' mind the triple post, it was not ment to happen.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    My first answer, without looking at anyone else's
    was water, and surprisngly enough, upon looking a lot of others think that too...

So yeah, I'll stick with water. x3

((Yeeeah...Netta, I'd edit and delete two of your three triple posts, sometime. x3 ))

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Water followed by Normal. It happens in the game when I try to complete the Pokedex, I have more water types then normal

Netta

Hikari Ko
    Years
    I've tried to delete the posts but it wouldn't let me. It keeps saying please add in at least 30 words or something. So I can't really do anythign about it. If I had a delete reply button I'd be able to do it, but unlike the Msn Groups, I can't do anything about it.

*Morphs into one of my created digimons called TriAmbermon.* "It's time to get rid of these triple posts! Kitty Rings!" *Unleashes five silvery flamed, spinning rings to the two posts and they shatter into millions of data bits and morphs back to self.*

Hey, guess what? I've figured it out. I've figured out how to delete posts. Yay Me!!! *apploses quickly to self.*

Last edited:
    Back