• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Lava Version

What would you rather see first in the Beta of Lava Version?

• New and Complete Pokedex

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Completed World to explore

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Completed and Functional Storyline

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Other (Please State in a Post)

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

Lavarider

Master of all Technology
Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2014
    Pokemon Lava

Hi all! Pokemon Lava is a new creation by me, Lavarider! It uses FireRed as its base, and contains a whole new world, with new story, Pokemon, etc. It was just started, but is coming along nicely. I started this thread so I could get posts on what people want to see.

Storyline
    This game is set in the beautiful Nirava reigon, where you are a young Pokemon trainer about to take his/her Pokemon trainer license exam. If you pass (the exam will be about simple things just in case you are new to Pokemon, like how to catch a pokemon, like a tutorial, dont worry). Upon passing, you recieve your first pokemon and start your adventure. As the game goes on, strange things start happening, and eventually the culprits are revealed as Team Malevolent, an evil organization bent on conquering the world by mind controlling pokemon. As time goes on, you find that they are after the ultimate prize-SHAVRA, the legendary god pokemon, supposedly the creator of all life. You must combat Team Malevolent through a trying series of event to claim Shavra for yourself...before they do instead.

Features

Nirava Region: New world with new cities and new things to explore.
    New Storyline: Fight evil! Strike it down! Or, embrace the evil within.
    New Pokedex: There are 200 pokemon from RBY/GCS/RSE/FRLG/D/P/PL, but also nearly 150 new, never before seen creatures, like the snakelike Molgra, the nearly bulletproof Shanka, or the fearsome Soladrake.
    New Evolutions: See some old friends in some new ways! Watch as your Parasect unexpectedly becomes a Parastool! Marvel as your Arbok morphs into a powerful Viperada!
    New Legendaries: Yin, the benevolent Grass/Electric legendary? Or Yang, the evil Fire/Water monster? You choose, but make it quick, because you only get one, and Team Malevolent is hot on your tail!
    You've found Shavra! Good luck catching it, because this Pokemon is not an easy fight! Recommend a Master Ball, or you will probably die before Shavra holds still for you!
    New TMs and Moves: Some stuff from D/P/PL, some new stuff. Say hello to Carbonize, a guillotine for fire types!

Screenshots

Pokemon Lava Version

Orchid Town..With The University

Pokemon Lava Version

Route 1-Your Journey Begins

Pokemon Lava Version

University Floor 1

Pokemon Lava Version

University Floor 2

Downloads
    None Yet

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    The story seems a bit unoriginal. There is always a team after whatever to conquer the world. I like the License exam idea ^^

I am interested to see how the Fakemon turn out.

Lavarider

Master of all Technology
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2014
    The story seems a bit unoriginal. There is always a team after whatever to conquer the world. I like the License exam idea ^^

I am interested to see how the Fakemon turn out.

I know it seems unoriginal but...Its kind of customary for a Pokemon game to have Team Whatever after the legendary Pokemon...I'm just sticking with tradition!

@Tropical Sunlight- Thanks a lot! There are actually a LOT of new evolutions for everything from Red version to Diamond, but many of them are pretty hard to discover! Thats half the fun in Lava Version though!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Sticking with tradition isn't always the right thing to do... :/

If evolving Pokémon is half the fun, I really don't want to see the other half, either.

Sorry if I sounded rude or harsh, but I've seen too many hacks that sound "amazing" like they're gonna revolutionize the world, but I haven't seen a single one that actually gets rolling to a point where it's appealing..

If you can do that, I'd be happy.

Lavarider

Master of all Technology
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2014
    Hm, well, Im sorry to hear that. I didnt mean that evolving pokemon would be half the fun, I meant that discovering and using the new Fakemon would be. The only reason why I'm sticking with tradition is that I want this to have the feel of an actual Nintendo created pokemon game, but hey, to each his own.

Druyii

The Bringer of Hope
    Years
  • O_o Vrai, you really are quite odd.

Anyway, I think that the hack sounds good, and I wish you the best of luck. I am busy with my own hack right now, and it is quite fun I think (making and organising), and I hope you have the same experience ^_^

Best of Luck

Druyii

Lavarider

Master of all Technology
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2014
    O_o Vrai, you really are quite odd.

Anyway, I think that the hack sounds good, and I wish you the best of luck. I am busy with my own hack right now, and it is quite fun I think (making and organising), and I hope you have the same experience ^_^

Best of Luck

Druyii

Yes, I saw that hack. Reign of fire Version-Good luck with that! It looks interesting. I will post some screenies as soon as I have them. Would you guys rather see a new pokemon, a new map, or a new evolution of an old pokemon first?

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
    Years
  • Just one thing I'd like to nitpick on a little.
    The name 'Viperada' doesn't make much sense. Mainly because Ekans and Arbok are both reverse versions of the species they originate from. Wouldn't it make more sense to call it something like Nohtyp, or Repiv? They sound pretty bad but they keep homage to the evolution line.

Also, I'd like to see the world explorable in a beta, then storyline. Pokedex is my least interest.

Lavarider

Master of all Technology
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2014
    Just one thing I'd like to nitpick on a little.
    The name 'Viperada' doesn't make much sense. Mainly because Ekans and Arbok are both reverse versions of the species they originate from. Wouldn't it make more sense to call it something like Nohtyp, or Repiv? They sound pretty bad but they keep homage to the evolution line.

Also, I'd like to see the world explorable in a beta, then storyline. Pokedex is my least interest.

That is a good point. I just wanted a cool sounding name, so i took the latin for the viper genus, Viperidae, and removed the e...I mean, can you imagine trying to pronounce nohtyp?

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
    Years
  • That is a good point. I just wanted a cool sounding name, so i took the latin for the viper genus, Viperidae, and removed the e...I mean, can you imagine trying to pronounce nohtyp?
    I'd think of it as 'Nor-Tip'. It sounds kinda cool and fitting when I see it, seeing as though pythons can come from Egypt as well.
    Go with whatever you think looks best though, I suppose.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    How about "Adnocana"? Idk, just thinking. ^^

I think that it would be best for you, and I'm not talking about me, you, to do some screenshots/mapping. It would get you into the Progressing Hacks, which therefore would get you some more views, thus popularity.

The funny thing here is, I don't follow my own advice. :\

Edit: Oh. I thought screenshots were an option. Hehe.

Um, a new map, plz. ^^

Lavarider

Master of all Technology
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2014
    How about "Adnocana"? Idk, just thinking. ^^

I think that it would be best for you, and I'm not talking about me, you, to do some screenshots/mapping. It would get you into the Progressing Hacks, which therefore would get you some more views, thus popularity.

The funny thing here is, I don't follow my own advice. :\

Edit: Oh. I thought screenshots were an option. Hehe.

Um, a new map, plz. ^^

Oh, lol I never noticed. Yes, screenies are an option, I kind of meant a screenshot of those options...but OK!

Lavarider

Master of all Technology
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2014
    Hmm..Well, I have a bunch of screenshots for everybody, but I dont have enough posts on this forum to post the urls for them... I'll have them up when I can!

Lavarider

Master of all Technology
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2014
    Are you overriding some pokemon to add new EV's and legends, or will the be 25 new pokemon? Good luck, and don't give up :D!

Yes, I am overriding quite a few pokemon to allow for a mix of new and D/P pokemon to come in. Dont worry, Ive only removed pokemon that are usually seen as useless anyway. (*cough* bidoof *cough)

Ghettowizard, I would be greatly appreciative if you would assisst with mapping...mapping isnt too hard...but making a whole new world IS.

If there are any interested spriters out there, I would like help with making the many new sprites for this game too...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Yes, I am overriding quite a few pokemon to allow for a mix of new and D/P pokemon to come in. Dont worry, Ive only removed pokemon that are usually seen as useless anyway. (*cough* bidoof *cough)

Ghettowizard, I would be greatly appreciative if you would assisst with mapping...mapping isnt too hard...but making a whole new world IS.

If there are any interested spriters out there, I would like help with making the many new sprites for this game too...

bidoof is sinnoh, you can't get rid of someoe who's not in firered... or CAN you? No you can't :laugh:.

Back