• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Lava Version

What would you rather see first in the Beta of Lava Version?

• New and Complete Pokedex

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Completed World to explore

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Completed and Functional Storyline

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Other (Please State in a Post)

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

Druyii

The Bringer of Hope
Years
  • This is progressing nicely. Good luck my friend on the long hacking road ahead of you

Lavarider

Master of all Technology
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2014
    Could I get a Moderator to please move this to Progressing Hacks? Its not an Idea, but a...well, progressing hack, and I'd like to be in that more active forum so I can get some more feedback on my hack. Thanks

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
  • in Orchid town i see wat i think is a little tile error on the roof of the university other than that good game!

also in the university i see another error.

suggesttions: move the stairs down a bit and cage the tile or make another tile where th stairs have a wall thats the same colour as the rest of tyhe university walls.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Could I get a Moderator to please move this to Progressing Hacks? Its not an Idea, but a...well, progressing hack, and I'd like to be in that more active forum so I can get some more feedback on my hack. Thanks

It'd probably be best to PM one of them. ^^

I like how your maps are turning out, too. The town looks quite nice.

Lavarider

Master of all Technology
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2014
    Thank you, both of you. Aljam, I the tiny tile errors are in the University because of unfortunate restrictions in the tilesets. As you may know, only certain things are available in certain sets, so I had to mix and match a bit. I will take you suggestions into consideration, however. Thanks again for your feedaback-it really does help.

Lavarider

Master of all Technology
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2014
    Hello all! Its been a week since I last posted (you know, finals and all that) but I thought I would post something real quick (expect a bigger post this weekend.)

First fakemon display:

Pokemon Lava Version
    (not quite finished yet)

Soladrake

Type: Fire/Dragon
    Ability: Levitate-Cannot be hit by ground moves.
    Size: 16 ft long, 655 pounds
    Rarity: Cannot catch in wild. Must evolve Mrywerif to Lavagon, then Lavagon to Soladrake.
    Is Breedable: Yes
    Breeding Group: Dragon
    Training Difficulty: Equivalent to Salemance
    Appearances in game: Pokemon Champion's trump card
    PokeDex Entry: Upon evolution to Soladrake, Lavagon's wings grow to full size. This Pokemon spends its days wheeling though the sky, always searching for prey. Soladrake's fire can melt titanium. It thinks nothing of setting an entire forest aflame to chase down a meal.
    Base Stats:
    HP- 96
    Attack- 100
    Defense- 85
    Sp. Attack- 135
    Sp. Defense- 85
    Speed- 105
    Unique Moves: Carbonize - If it hits, kills foe, 30% chance of hitting.
    Summary: Soladrake is an assault dragon, much like Salamence or Garchomp. It is designed to use its speed to attack first, and let its monstrous Special Attack kill the foe as quickly as possible. Unlike most other dragons, Soladrake is NOT attack oriented, so many trainers who like him may have to get used to the simple fact that Earthquake is not a beast move on him...although moves like Thunderbolt are now that much more deadly.

Last edited:

Lavarider

Master of all Technology
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2014
    I made it...mostly. I actually took a dragon pic I found online, modified it to my needs, added stuff here, deleted stuff here, changed color here, indexed here, yadda yadda..You get the picture.

CutiePie2121

The Cutest Spriter EVUR!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2013
    Yah Im A Spriter too im working on pokemon RockSolid LEAD SPRITER WOOOOT

Lavarider

Master of all Technology
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2014
    ACtually, Im just learning to sprite and everything else that involves a mod for Pokemon...but after learning C++, its not too tough.

Next time I post, Ill post Shanka, Viperada, and maybe Molgra, if its done.

EDIT: To keep the honored tradition of Ekans and Arbok naming, I have decided to change the Viperada evolution's name to Repivnori
    (Iron Viper reversed)

Last edited:

Lavarider

Master of all Technology
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2014
    What the heck, Ill post one more-Bear in mind that the sprite is unfinished, so Ill post the unfinished one first and replace it later with the completed one.

Pokemon Lava Version
    (Missing-Dual internal Spike Cannons)

Shanka

Type: Water/Ice
    Ability:
    1) Skill Link - Moves that hit 2 to 5 times always hit 5 times.
    2) Adamantium Shell - Damage from special type super effective attacks is halved.
    Size: 4.4 feet tall, 425 pounds
    Class: Conch Pokemon
    Rarity: Cannot catch in wild. Must evolve Cloyster by allowing it to hold a Tear of Light and making it happy.
    Is Breedable: Yes
    Breeding Group: Water 3
    Training Difficulty: Moderate
    Difficulty to Obtain: Obscene
    Appearances in game: Side Quest: Heal the sick Shanka, receive a Tear of Light as a reward
    PokeDex Entry: Living in the intense pressure of the ocean floor causes certain Cloyster's shells to harden to a level greater than diamonds. Shanka have been shown to survive nearby nuclear blasts without injury. Their lustrous, volleyball sized pearls, called Tears of Light, are among the rarest and most valuable items on the planet, as due to the indestructible nature of the Shanka's shell, they cannot be obtained unless given by the Shanka itself.
    Base Stats:
    HP- 60
    Attack- 100
    Defense- 185
    Sp. Attack- 110
    Sp. Defense- 85
    Speed- 60
    Unique Moves: Frozen Spikes: Freezes any pokemon that switches into battle (icy Toxic Spikes)
    Summary: The Shanka is the evolution of Cloyster, and continues its legacy as a nearly indestructible physical defender. However, at 85 base, Shanka has nearly 75 percent more Special Defense than its predecessor's pitiful 45, allowing it to actually survive a hit or two. Combined with the Adamantium Shell ability (if you choose it over Skill Link), Shanka can become nearly indestructible. Shanka also has great Attack and Sp. Attack stats. Unfortunately, the new material that Shanka's shell is made of is supermassive, causing it to be a very slow pokemon-however, its nearly impossible to kill in one shot. I should warn you, however, that Shanka is VERY difficult to acquire.

Last edited:

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    This looks good, I hope you continue it. The maps are okay, but I would suggest a tile change.

Lavarider

Master of all Technology
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2014
    Are there any spriters willing to make a certain sprite for me? I need someone to make an evolution of Arbok. Its a Poison/Steel Type, And my concept for it may/may not have its cobra hood, but what it does have is steel armor plating along the length of its body, with a skull like steel armor helmet on its head, where its eyes are glowing red pits. Let me know if any of you are interested.

Back