• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Law Enforcement

wolverfrog

Working on a Hack
Years
  • A New Hack By.......Wolverfrog! (Who?)

Pokemon Law Enforcement is a game in which you play as a newly graduated Police Officer trying to clean up the crime-ridden region of Anjonn. The only help you recieve is from your trusty Growlithe, and the other few coppers scattered throughout the region. Expect trouble around every corner, and be prepared.

-No Pokemon league

-Growlithe as starter

-Play as a police officer

-New region

-No Diamond/pearl pokemon

I have already started work on a little bit of it, just the first "Town", also known as the only Prison in the whole of anjonn.
    I am an apt scripter, and have managed to script some text, Give pokemon etc etc, but i could do with some expert help with things like making the pokedex appear, or, the actual Pokemon menu.

I am absoulutly terrible at mapping, but have managed to put together a basic idea of what I want the place to look like using advmap.

I'm afraid i have simply no idea how to edit overworlds or sprites, so i shall need help there.

If you are interested, post here.

Thanks

Screenies

shane2243

Dragonite Lover
    Years
  • i like the sound of this, but i think you need more of a story than just "your a new recruit" but if something epic happens, like the prison blows up and all of team rpckets members escape and start stealing pokemon and using them for evil deeds etc. then i think this hack could be very good. if you're using pokemon fire red then i believe the "add pokemon menu" is checkflag 0x828 (or addflag, or something along those lines, but 828 is correct i believe) if you google "pokemon fire red flags" then you should be able to find a list of all of them.

good luck with this hack, i'll be looking out for further updates

Years
  • i like the sound of this, but i think you need more of a story than just "your a new recruit" but if something epic happens, like the prison blows up and all of team rpckets members escape and start stealing pokemon and using them for evil deeds etc. then i think this hack could be very good. if you're using pokemon fire red then i believe the "add pokemon menu" is checkflag 0x828 (or addflag, or something along those lines, but 828 is correct i believe) if you google "pokemon fire red flags" then you should be able to find a list of all of them.

Good luck with this hack, i'll be looking out for further updates
    I agree that you need a bit more of a storyline (maybe there is some major criminal activities?) Can you catch Pokemon? As playing through with only a Growlithe/Arcanine will be quite difficult.

I can help map if you are using existing tiles and maps (or if you can insert the maps) For some reason whenever I try to insert a map the ROM crashes in Advance Map, if you could tell me what I'm doing wrong then I can do it myself.

PM me if you want help.

Good luck!

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Kind of like my old hack, Pokemon Police. Good job, but practice your mapping.

Years
  • I agree that you need a bit more of a storyline (maybe there is some major criminal activities?) Can you catch Pokemon? As playing through with only a Growlithe/Arcanine will be quite difficult.

I can help map if you are using existing tiles and maps (or if you can insert the maps) For some reason whenever I try to insert a map the ROM crashes in Advance Map, if you could tell me what I'm doing wrong then I can do it myself.

PM me if you want help.

Good luck!

Sorry, i'm a bit of an epic fail when it comes to mapping
    It's ok, I can still help, but I'll need to do a lot more planning. PM me if you want help. (I'm more than happy to help, it's just so you know I can't insert maps but I'm going to ask around.)

Again good luck!

wolverfrog

Working on a Hack
    Years
  • Right, i'm getting on with it, i have made a policeman OW (No police women yet sorry) and that works fine. Also, i have a script that makes the seargent at the begginning give you a lv growlithe. I'm currently attempting to script a early on team rocket even, more pics on the way soon.

I may move this into the progressing hacks forum, as i have way more than 4 screenshots for it.

Last edited:

Urist McHemlock

Jack Frost of the Jack Brothers
    Years
  • this just reminds me of law and order and other law enforcement shows. I am a good mapper so expect me to help. Also i am working on a banner for this. I found a better pokemon to use than growlithe. It is... WEEGEE.

wolverfrog

Working on a Hack
    Years
  • Damn, my cleanup wizard deleted my files on this hack by accident....

Sorry guys, It was starting to get decent, with a starter growlithe that was given to you rather than the ball, a police officer OW for the protaganist, and I had just finished a team rocket script at the beggining, on your way to the next town one ambushes you. He was a special team rocket, like your rival. Oh well, I'll start again sometime soon.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • Hah, I like the Rockets in prison. All they need is some hammers to bust up the rocks with. (Too bad it'd be too complicated to have OWs of that, huh?)

Good luck with this, I like the concept. For me, the most fun parts of the original games was the Team Whatever plots (although I wanted to join the teams... eh, c'est la vie), so a whole hack dedicated to fighting an organized crime team should be loads of fun. If you need an OW for a female officer, let me know, because I'm going to be making a Jenny for my own hack and would be glad to share the OW when I've finished it. It won't have the running-shoe animations, but it'll be a start.

Back