• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Leaf Green Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    .:: Hack Re-Name::.
    Pokemon Aqua

(I decided to change the name, because it just follows the base line of LG but Aqua is more Water Based, there is alot of Rain and Water)

.::Beta::.
    Under Construction

.:: Original Hack Name ::.
    Pokemon Leaf Green Upgrade

.:: Hack of ::.
    Pokémon Leaf Green

.:: Introduction ::.
    I really need some tutorials for changing the story line, and pokemon! Easy ones too! I want to do this by myself since it is my first hack!

.:: Story ::.
    It's just a LeafGreen Upgrade Hack, there's alot of new stuff. But theres a town where everyone has turned into a pokemon, but the elderly. Yeah you start off in Violeta Town, it's very beautiful.

.:: Features ::.
    • New Towns
    • New Maps
    • Additional stuff
    .:: Team (optional) ::.
    • Mapper: Me
    • Scripter: Me
    .:: Screenshots ::.

Violeta Town

(New)

Poke City

(Alot of change)

Boulder City
    (Under Construction)

Lavender Town
    (Under Construction)

Vermilion
    (Under Construction)

Routes/Forests/Caves:

Current Status:
    All Towns

More Soon!

Last edited:

kingofgames300g

Trainer in the Shadows
    Years
  • This is gonna be interesting... Also you would need to know how to script to change the storyline and scripting is very advanced. I don't know how to script, so I can't help you... srry... :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    This is gonna be interesting... Also you would need to know how to script to change the storyline and scripting is very advanced. I don't know how to script, so I can't help you... srry... :(
    Thanks! I am currently working on learning how to change the story line, so I may release that version after I just finish mapping the towns and changing few scripts!

ssj

Kanto Legend
    Years
  • You will have to do some scripting if you want the story to change and it is hard at first.

Years
  • Hmm.. well for a beginner that's not bad, i wish i knew how to script (goes to learn), well my first hack was Pokemon Ruby, and i cahnged many detailed things, to make them better, made shortcuts, and i also made it so you can catch all 386 Pokemon, but there are some few glitches, buit noone wants to try it, even tho i have never created a thread on it,

Anywayz.. i seem to be nearing off topic, i wish you good luck hacking.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Hmm.. well for a beginner that's not bad, i wish i knew how to script (goes to learn), well my first hack was Pokemon Ruby, and i cahnged many detailed things, to make them better, made shortcuts, and i also made it so you can catch all 386 Pokemon, but there are some few glitches, buit noone wants to try it, even tho i have never created a thread on it,

Anywayz.. i seem to be nearing off topic, i wish you good luck hacking.
    LOL PM me dnl!! I want to try it!

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
    Years
  • Hmmm... so far, so good.
    Are you by any chance going to make custom tilesets and so forth?
    You might need to edit some for Lavender Town's wood-and-water combination that you have going on over there.
    Bleh... interesting, otherwise. I wonder how you're going to script all those changes?
    And if you're looking for Tuts, then go to the Tuts section to learn stuff. I recommend going to many Pokemon hacking sites (ex. mew3.mihopa.be, studiopokemon, etc.) to learn more.

Well, good luck, and hopefully you'll be able to finish it.
    Just take your time, all right? No one wants to see a rushed hack.

From,
    ~TheRoad

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Hmmm... so far, so good.
    Are you by any chance going to make custom tilesets and so forth?
    You might need to edit some for Lavender Town's wood-and-water combination that you have going on over there.
    Bleh... interesting, otherwise. I wonder how you're going to script all those changes?
    And if you're looking for Tuts, then go to the Tuts section to learn stuff. I recommend going to many Pokemon hacking sites (ex. mew3.mihopa.be, studiopokemon, etc.) to learn more.

Well, good luck, and hopefully you'll be able to finish it.
    Just take your time, all right? No one wants to see a rushed hack.

From,
    ~TheRoad
    Would you like to help, you seem to know alot about it. E-Mail Me

Saviors

You are being watched!!!......
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Good!

.:: Hack Re-Name::.
    Pokemon Aqua

(I decided to change the name, because it just follows the base line of LG but Aqua is more Water Based, there is alot of Rain and Water)

.::Beta::.
    Pokemon LG UPGRADE VERSION 0.1 (First Five Towns)[/URL] Please report any glitches! Or Problems, I only ran into the problems with the Maximum Forest People talking!

.:: Original Hack Name ::.

.:: Hack of ::.
    Pokémon Leaf Green

.:: Introduction ::.
    I really need some tutorials for changing the story line, and pokemon! Easy ones too! I want to do this by myself since it is my first hack!

.:: Story ::.
    It's just a LeafGreen Upgrade Hack, there's alot of new stuff. But theres a town where everyone has turned into a pokemon, but the elderly. Yeah you start off in Violeta Town, it's very beautiful.

.:: Features ::.
    • New Towns
    • New Maps
    • Additional stuff
    .:: Team (optional) ::.
    • Mapper: Me
    • Scripter: Me
    .:: Screenshots ::. [/I

Current Status:
    I am now working on the towns Vermillion (Original Name) and some others after that!

More Soon!

Sounds good, but the towns seem messed up!

Nox30_04

Traveller
    Years
  • whoamifooling: Was wondering which version of Leaf Green it was you hacked cause I applied the patch to Leaf Green(U) 1.0 and all I get is a white screen

Edit: tried again with (E) 1.1 and is still a white screen

Last edited:
    Years
  • perhaps he used a Japanese version? If your using EliteMap (like i am), then most of the tools wont work for japanese PKM games, and if you did use a japanese game, then your options are very limited,

Btw sure, ill pm you, or i should open a thread releasing my game... lol,

Nox30_04

Traveller
    Years
  • I tried again by re-downloading the patch and attaching it to a fresh rom and it was still white..did you check it to a fresh rom on your end?

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    I tried again by re-downloading the patch and attaching it to a fresh rom and it was still white..did you check it to a fresh rom on your end?
    Me? It worked fine for me, I played it and everything. There were few glitches with the people speaking parts!

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
    Years
  • Hmmm...? I have the same problem as Nox30_04. I use an english version of Pokemon LeafGreen, so maybe it's to do with the version...
    Maybe you should redo the patch, and upload it again?

(And the few glitches with the people... you mentioned it on the first post. Why mention it again?)

Well, I'll go try it again, see what happens.

Remember, keep going!

From,
    ~TheRoad.

(PS: Sorry to be a little off-topic, but I don't know squat about actually hacking. Just advice, because I read stuff ... XD, I'm lame.)

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • I second that, Wolt. Those maps look the same as the base towns, with a little more water, rocks, or tall hedges. Whoop-de-doo. Next time I look at this thread, I hope to see some improvement.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    I second that, Wolt. Those maps look the same as the base towns, with a little more water, rocks, or tall hedges. Whoop-de-doo. Next time I look at this thread, I hope to see some improvement.
    Thanks, I'll try to but I can't til this weekend or next weekend, to much stuff to do!

I updated Violeta Town, I am now working on Poke City, it's going to have alot of plants, trees, grass, and more!

Last edited by a moderator:

Icedragons

Apollo the future sun god.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2008
    Looks good, i am a novice hacker too, i tried the same thing u did many times with many roms, but realised that it will look no good without learning to script and change events. I will be really thank full if u can share any thing about scripting, scince u told u didnt know much about it, if u get to know, plzz. But i am a very good stroy maker, i helped for many hacks in this site.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back