• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon League: Almmia - PG-13

Thordainhammer

Blanker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    Kyle spent most of the parade watching from an alleyway, admiring the fine lifestyle those Gym leaders seemed to have. And to think they get all of this just for battling with their pokemon. Kyle turned around and started maneuvering through the alleyways towards the local gym. His path was blessedly empty thanks to the parade drawing everyone onto the main drag. Within a half-hour he had reached the Vientown gym, a decidedly decadent castle. Certainly not the kind of building that fit with Vientown's small town vibe. He walked in to find a large lobby built around a massive gyrados statue. Nope, definitely doesn't fit with the small town vibe. He discovered that there was already a challenge in progress and decided to register as the next combatant. Kyle then snuck into the viewing area for the gym battles, standing against a wall in the back. He watched the gardevoir and Gallade battle, trying to pick up what he could about the gym leader's style.

IceFireLighnting

Chrome woke up. "Wow," she said, "how long have I been asleep?" It was bright outside, she could see. "I must've fallen asleep. OK, time for a good day of rigerous battling. Everyone, out!" Only four of her six Pokemon came out; Violet, Corey, Drachea and Skyrie. "Wait...where are Navory and Silver?" Chrome broke through her bedroom door, birds in tow. Navory the Absol and Silver the Skarmory were playing around. Chrome got the picture. "So you two got me(at this point they had their eyes on her)in bed and came out here to play? I guessh I'll have to put you in your PokeBalls all day." Now the Pokemon were apologizing in their own language. Chrome finally decided against it. "Well, I wonder who we'll get to beat today!" she yelled confidently as she got set up.

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Dustin's look of happiness and naivety changed quickly to a look of determination and maturity.
    "Gardevoir counter with Psychic", he commanded the white gowned Psychic type. Gardevoir waited for the Gallade's attack to be in point blank range, in order to make sure the counter was not inaccurate, and swiftly waved its hand in front of the ball, containing it in a shell made of Psychic powers, and then dissolving the attack itself.
    "I think you and I both know that wasn't going to work on a Pokemon that specializes in far ranged attack. Now, stop with your ego, realize this strength of mine, realize the weakness of that attack, and show me why you were really dubbed Champion", he barked, almost annoyed at the arrogance of his opponent.

Dustin hated the arrogance of the world. He realized at a young age, he was not perfect. Neither he or his Pokemon will ever be perfect. But the can be humble. They can be powerful, proud, and still level headed. He knew that there were abilities babies had that 90 percent of adults do not. He knew that his opponents may have a stronger throwing arm, a better aim with Pokeballs, and even better than he is at battling. This is what drove him to be an elite trainer. He wanted people to see, that even though they may sit on a high thrown, all people sit on throwns just as high.

(OOC: Try adding a little more "oomph" into it. Give details on the attack, give a little added story behind it all, determination, what drives you character, something to fill it a bit.)

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    Whooaaah! So much action at once! Dang, I need to find a way to always have internet!

Green=Agee
    Red=Momoko
    Black=Momoko/Agee Interaction

===
    Agee stared into the azure sky as the exploding Pokemon created a spectacle. Her green eyes sparkled, as she smiled. Agee tightly hugged her Pokemon closer- upon further inspection, the Pokemon appeared to be about a foot and a half big, with a small blue-tinted spherical body. It's eyes where currently shut, as it's bright green leaves swayed about.

"Wow" she whispered in a soft elegant voice.

---

At the other side of the stadium stood an older-looking female. She cracked a grin as the exploding Voltorb and Electrode wowed the crowd. Beside her stood a large yellow and orange chicken-like creature with three orange feathers sticking up from it's head. Between the girl's blue-jean covered leg and the creature's talons spun a small round blue mouse-like creature. It happily bounced around proudly showing it's white chest. Above the others, a grey creature floated elegantly with it's black and yellow wings.

"Well, team? Are you ready to take on Almia?"

The two grounded Pokemon jumped in the air, as the fluttering one mimiced a backflip. Various cries could be heard from the three Pokemon. The girl chuckled, as her hazel eyes glanced over her partners.

"Minna, atashtachi de gambaro!" (Let's do our best, everyone!)

---

AAAAAANNDDD for now that's it, I have to finish this up lateR!

IceFireLighnting

Leon woke up in a room. He felt tired and was only feet away from a concerned Dante. "I'm fine, Dante. I did like that party, though. Little tired, but I'm fine. OK, everyone out!" He sent all of his Ghost Pokemon out. "Well, it looks like a great day to beat some butts. How 'bout you guys?" His whole team screamed in glee. Celeste the Spiritomb even jumped for joy inside her little keystone. "Well, then. Let's go and await our first challenger! Not that we're going to get anyone today, just hoping we get to beat some butt!" Leon was confident. Very confident.

grey†fish

not black or white… or gray :]
    Years
    "Dialogue." (← you can hear)
    "Thoughts." (← you can't hear)
    *SFX* (← you can hear, but they don't mean anything ;))

Adam woke up dizzied, nauseous, and with a thunderous headache. It took him a second or two to finally open up his eyes, but the room seemed to be spinning. "Damn." he sighed as he pulled himself up to sit down, rubbing his eyes with the palms of his hands, and looking around to get a clearer picture.

The first real notion of where he was at came when he took in a deep breath that revealed the place to be very dusty but somehow moist. He looked up and noticed an adobe rooftop with a single light bulb attached that barely illuminated the place (although light already rushed in enough through the windows). Next to him, he noticed an unplugged projector that pointed at the opposite wall, which had a square area painted white, unlike the rest of the house's beige color.

Quickly recognizing the place as his new Gym, or at least the TV room in his house next to what was the battling room in his Gym. Adam got up holding his stomach, walked towards his kitchen, grabbed a glass vase and headed towards what looked like a sink. He grabbed a pump next to it, and pulling up and down a couple of times, some water started to come out from the faucet, pouring into his glass. Adam inspected the water that had come out, and noticing its murkiness, he quickly poured it back out, grunting.

He then proceeded to walk towards his fridge. Inside he took out the only liquid in stock, beer, and proceeded to take a gulp with a whimper.

*Knock, knock, knock* he heard his front door, remembering it had been a knock that had caused him to wake up in the first place. He walked towards the source of the noise, and upon opening the door, he noticed three Delibird, sweating profusely as they rested upon their bulky packages. "Delibird airmail in the desert? Well I feel sad for picking priority now." Adam thought as he saw the pitiable Pokémon panting.

Adam proceeded to sign the sheet of paper that the main Delibird handed to him, and walked into the house to come out with three big bags of ice, which he stuck into the Delibirds' 'bags', so they'd stay cold. Thanking the Gym Leader with funny noises, the Delibird quickly took flight and left the desert Gym, as Adam was left to inspect his packages.

Walking into his room, Adam found his brother, Abel, and kicking him in the side, woke him up, saying: "Abel, hurry up and get up, we're installing satellite today."

Ooc:
    Spoiler:

Years
    Shino arrives at his Gym at the island near Boyleland. It was relatively small, and covered in volcanic rock. It was seperate from the main island, and warm but humid. It suited Shino perfectly. "A good flight, Crobat. If I need you, umm, I'll whistle, yes." Crobat flies off, headed towards the island's small cave. Shino enters his new Gym, considering.

Sil is having a great time at the celebration, but things are winding down. She gets to a road and follows it to the closest town, which happens to be Pueltown. She sxcitedly heads to the Pokemon Center, eager to be out of the sun. She sends out Sally, and the two rent a room for a few hours. "Okay Sally! As soon as the sun goes down a little, we'll explore this place! I hear there's a Gym! Those were always fun!"

IceFireLighnting

Chrome saw a girl go inside the Pokemon Center outside of the dome. "GUYS! GUYS! I think we have a challenger! Set the gym up!" The fans were turned on, but after two hours of waiting the girl apparently wasn't here to challenge her. "That's weird...I thought she would come...oh, well. She might come tomorrow." Everyone groaned as the systems were turned off. "Hey, things could be worse. I mean, what if she wasn't even in town?" But even Chrome was having doubts...

Years
    Slim looked at the girl slightly perplexed. She was there with the other Elite Four members when they made the plans for the voltorb firework show. Had she really forgotten already, or was she, like him, not really paying attention to the meeting at all and was day dreaming about hitting the parade's director in the face with a sharpened stick? The cow-poke kept the same grin he had moments ago before replying to his peer's simple question. "It's quite simple lil' lady, I was allowed to. Since the League didn't officially kick off 'til after the end of the show, it weren't illegal 'cus the League wasn't in effect. I reckon that if I were to try it again without League permission, them voltorb wouldn't work in an official battle."

--------------------

Greg landed infront of his Gym in Chicole. The town was a small, tightly knit community, and everyone seemed to know each other and get along fairly well, despite everyone not being native to the town, which was established fewer than ten years ago. After Team Dim Sun was disbanded, the area did see a surge in population, but all in all, it was a place where everyone either knew each other by name, or at least by face.

There was one general store which acted as a Pokemart as well as a place for human supplies, and the town's doctor was also the one who healed Pokemon, having the equipment to do so in a small building made specifically for such a task. The size of the community allowed the newly appointed Gym Leader to touch base with the new townsfolk, and he had gotten to know a few, which included a few children who were going on their first League challenge. The tranquility was very relaxing, and made Greg feel at home.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    "Nice to know cowboy guy" said Cyndi, clearly not able to remember his name. "Say, do you know if any of the gym leaders in this league thingy use electric pokemon? I'm looking for something someone like that is likely to have"

bellabear

lolfocuspunchyoudead
    Years
    Rayna's ecstatic feeling faded almost instantly as she watched the lights of the Pueltown gym suddenly go off, "Well I guess they are going to be busy today of all day's right Chimchar?" The small orange Pokemon grinned up at its trainer before yawning, Rayna giggled. "You could always have a nap in your Pokeball" she added half reaching for it.

"Char Chim Char" Chimchar said in protest, the small fire type lifted its arms above its head signalling for Rayna to pick her up. "I'm not sure what we should do, I'm way to awake to even lay still let alone sleep" the sun was beginning to descend in the sky and Rayna looked at her Poketch, after playing with her coin toss application to pass the time she sighed and lay flat on her back down on a patch of grass.

Rayna hated waiting although she wasn't really waiting for anything, "Come on out everybody" she called a few seconds later throwing her remaining Pokeballs into the air. Rhyperior, Honchkrow and Mamoswine began to stretch and greet each other. "I'm so sorry you were in your Pokeballs for so long, the journey here took a lot longer than I hoped it would" Rayna's Pokemon replied in cheerful tones which eased her a little, "It's pretty empty around here so I guess there are still quite a lot of people back at the celebration, so you guys feel free to walk around and explore" Rayna smiled and brushed a strand of brunette hair out her face as a slight breeze blew past; a bright orange had enveloped the town from the sun that was slowly disappearing.

As her Pokemon began to wander Rayna decided to take a look around herself, first she would visit the Pokemon centre. It was easy to find since it was the only building with a large 'P' on the front.

As she stepped through the automatic doors there wasn't a person in sight, not even a Chansey. Rayna took a few steps forward towards the desk, "Hello?" the continued silence didn't surprise her.

Rayna turned to leave the Pokemon Centre but Chimchar was jumping up and down pointing at a small clipboard, "What's that?" she asked returning to the desk.

If I am not back before anyone arrives please feel free to leave your name on this sheet and what room you decided to stay in.

-Nurse Joy must have left this- Rayna thought, she took a few steps past the desk and stared down the hallway with the clipboard still in her hand. There was a door slightly open at the very end of the room and then took another look at the clipboard. "There's a name... Sil, well it looks like we weren't the only ones who decided to stay in the Pokemon Centre right Chimchar"

"Chimchar" it replied happily, Rayna wrote her name onto the piece of paper underneath the previous and then headed back towards the door to gather her Pokemon.

"Come on guys, we've got friends to meet" she shouted.

Years
    "No idea about them, but I got a few back home. What'cha need a Leader with one of 'em fer?" asked Slim. A few thoughts raced through his head to try to predetermine her answer. One thought was the she loved electric types. Another is that she wanted to trade, though she probably already had one, as they are fairly common to attain. He decided to stop thinking and let the girl give him the answer to prevent overthinking a simple question.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    "I was hoping they could help me find a certain TM" She said perkily
    (OOC: sorry about the shortness, just woke up)

IceFireLighnting

As Chrome and her Pokemon decided to walk around their new home, she just caught a glimpse of the Pokemon Center door. "Hmm...that's odd. Nurse Joy said that she had errands..." She gasped. "Wait, wait! You don't know who you're dealing with!" Chrome started to yell as she climbed onto Navory and rushed to the Pokemon Center. She jumped off and, when she got inside, she heard a door closing on the left side of the Center. "C'mon, we got us some scum to wipe up," said Chrome as she ran and opened the door.

"FREEZE! Don't anybody move!" she yelled out to the two girls that were standing there.

Last edited:

bellabear

lolfocuspunchyoudead
    Years
    n_n

Rayna screamed and almost dropped Chimchar, as she dove to catch the falling Pokemon her attention quickly turned to the Pokeball that was rolling towards the intruder. "No!" Rayna shouted as she messily tried to grab it before... "Mamoswine!" shouted the large brown Pokemon as it began stomping around in front of the doorway.

"Not again" Rayna muttered as she felt her hand around the small sphere, "Return" she screamed as a raised hoof suddenly appeared above her. Before it could crush her to death it turned red and the crashing stopped. Rayna sighed in relief.

"I really should be more careful, I'm sorry" she said repeatedly as she straightened her clothing. After carefully placing the Pokeball onto her belt she assessed the damage her Pokemon had caused. It wasn't anything to serious just a lot of mess.

As Rayna bent down to clean up she remembered the stranger that had burst in on them. "Well I don't know why you just came barging in but I think me and my new friend here deserve an apology" she began in a child like whine. After the stranger was staring at her blankly Rayna realised who it was, "You're... you're the gym leader! I'm so sorry! Forgive me?" Rayna bent over in front of the Pueltown gym leader and placed her hands together as she pleaded.

IceFireLighnting

"Wha...Oh, I get it. You two wanted to challenge me...and...oh." Chrome figured it out. "No, I'm so sorry. No need to apologize. OH! Shouldn't show you my team before our battles tonight," she said with a wink. "C'mon, I'll show you to my Gym. I bet you'll hate the challenge. Everyone, back!" she said as she left the room before the two stunned girls did. "And before you ask, yes, I am a little young to be a Gym Leader, but don't let that fool you. I'm wicked tough."

And then Chrome showed them to her Gym. "Hey, guys! Fans, lights, platforms on!" The two girls, now introduced as Rayna and Sil, watched in amazement as they saw the platforms rise, and felt the current as they were slowly floating up. "Cool, huh?" Chrome said calmly. "I'll be in my room, and my last Trainee will page me when one of you beats her. Good luck. You'll need it!" She floated off laughing, leaving the challengers to her Gym.

bellabear

lolfocuspunchyoudead
    Years
    n_n

Rayna watched the gym leader until she was out of site.

A small blonde girl stepped forward with a grin on her face, Rayna stayed completely still waiting for Sil to make a move but when she didn't Rayna decided to take the challenge head on, "I guess I'll go first" Rayna called trying to act confident.

"Very well, we shall both use three Pokemon with no substitutions" the small blonde girls voice sounded very mature for someone of her height, she looked very young. "Come on out Swellow" the trainee suddenly shouted as a Pokeball suddenly opened. A beautiful red and navy bird began circling above the wind currents.

-Above the wind currents.. oh this is already in the bag- Rayna thought as she reached for a Pokeball, "Honchkrow, action" Rayna threw the Pokeball into the air and Honchkrow flew out gracefully enveloped in a bright light. With a spin upwards the light faded and Honchkrow growled at its opponent.

"Okay Honchkrow, just stay above the wind currents and you'll be fine" Rayna shouted, Honchkrow cawed in reply.

The Swellow suddenly charged with an Aerial Ace towards Honchkrow, "Its fast" Rayna whispered to herself. "Quickly Honchkrow, dodge it and then use Sky Attack"

Honchkrow managed to dodge the incoming attacked but quickly missed with its Sky Attack. Honchkrow lost its balance slightly and became engulfed in the extreme wind currents below. "No, Honchkrow!" Rayna called.

Swellow began circling above again, "Okay Swellow, use Take Down to quickly finish this!"

Rayna watched as Swellow readied to attacked, she knew that getting out of the wind currents wasn't going to be easy. She had highly underestimated this gym.

-Think Rayna otherwise your going to lose before you've even battled the gym leader- Rayna did her best to stay calm.

Swellow began closing in on the struggling Honchkrow, "That's it Swellow!" the trainee called excitedly.

Rayna took a deep breath, Swellow had almost reached her Pokemon. "Now Honchkrow, use Thunder Wave!" Honchkrow did as it was told and the Thunder Wave was piggybacked through out the whole field thanks to the winds.

Swellow was hit directly and also got caught in the wind currents, this allowed Honchkrow a brief window of time to escape. "Honchkrow, fly upwards and then use Ominous Wind!"

Swellow was hit badly by the Ominous Wind and was defeated seconds later. "Oh no!" the trainee moaned as she returned her Swellow, "Well you won't beat this next Pokemon!" she shouted confidently.

"Honchkrow, you did excently, you deserve a rest" Rayna returned Honchkrow and watched as her opponent sent out a Staravia.

-I hope this next battle runs as smoothly as the last- "Hopefully this works!" Rayna yelled as her second Pokeball flew into the air.

"Swine Mamo Swine" Mamoswine said happily as it floated on the wind currents, it was gently swaying at the very top. Rayna cheered, "Those winds are strong enough to hold Mamoswine!"

Rayna's opponent stared in awe and then shook her head quickly trying to regain focus, "Neat trick but its going to take more than a floating mammoth to stop my Staravia"

"Staravia, use Brave Bird!" the Pokemon obeyed its trainer and went in for its attack. "Mamoswine, counter with Ice Shard" Mamoswine raised its head and a small ball of ice gradually began to increase in size.

"Not fast enough" the trainee smirked as Mamoswine was hit for major damage from Staravia's Brave Bird. Rayna gasped, "Oh no, that shouldn't have been that effective"

"My Staravia isnt just any Staravia, this gym and its trainers are too strong to worry about useless type advantages and you'd do well to remember that if you want to win!"

Rayna nodded, "Okay Mamoswine, use Ancient Power"

Staravia dodged the large glimmering sphere, "Use another Brave Bird!"

Mamoswine looked from left to right but saw no possible escape, it was trapped. Rayna knew Mamoswine wasn't quick enough to counter, "Mamoswine, try to use your tusks to block Staravia's Brave Bird"

Mamoswine raised its tusks and braced itself but the Staravia flew directly past it. Mamoswine turned in confusion and then its eyes widened at the sight of Staravia making a complete U turn. It hit Mamoswine a few seconds later and the large Pokemon was floating unconsciously as a result.

Rayna bit her bottom lip, "You were awesome, return Mamoswine"

"Well that's one battle each, lets see if you truly are worthy of facing Chrome"

Rayna analysed the last two battles and then matched the pro's and cons of them with her remaining Pokemon as quickly she could.

"Okay Chimchar, your up!" the orange monkey was floating through the air currents easily as if on some sort of theme park ride. It was pretty fast for such a disadvantage.

"Come on out Skarmory"

Rayna's heart beat quickened as she realised the type advantage she had but then it slowed rapidly as she knew the blonde haired girl wouldn't purposely choose a steel type against a fire type.

"Skarmory, lets finish this with one move, Aerial Ace!"

"Chimchar, use Flame Wheel!"

The small monkey began spinning in a casing of fire and then collided with the flying Pokemon, there was a small explosion and the battle field became completely filled with smoke. "Chimchar, are you okay?" Rayna called looking the smallest sign of movement.

"Chim... Char" Chimchar said weakly, both it and Skarmory were badly damaged.

"With Skamory's power and your type advantage, that was pretty much even" the trainee said, her face looked amused... or maybe it was impressed, Rayna didn't have time to argue with herself.

"Okay Chimchar, go in for a Scratch attack"

Skarmory easily dodged it whilst landing a critical hit from its Wing Attack, Chimchar was left clutching its chest in agonising pain. Suddenly to no surprise from Rayna its flame tail began to grow, "Yes, Blaze! Chimchar, use Flamethrower and then roll into a Flame Wheel!"

Chimchar obeyed and its Flame Wheel grew larger thanks to the added heat from Flamethrowerl. It retaliated with its own critical hit and the Skamory began falling, it was defeated.

"We... we won?!" Rayna shouted in disbelief, "WE WON!" she began jumping up and down clapping. "Well done Chimchar!" Rayna shouted as her Pokemon tiredly jumped into her arms.

"How did I lose" the trainee questioned repeatedly as she returned her defeated Pokemon. She folded her arms, "Fine, you won, whatever" she left her platform.

"Were so going to win our next match as well! Isn't that right Chimchar!"

Rayna's Pokemon was excitedly clapping in her arms, "Now, since we've had our turn lets give our new friend Sil a chance to battle"

Chimchar nodded in agreement and then closed its eyes to take a quick nap, Rayna sat down on the bench next to Sil.

"Do your best, its harder than it looks" Rayna said politely and grinned with her head slightly tilted.

(OOC: I hope that was okay? I wasn't sure whether or not the trainee was an NPC so I figured I'd go ahead and write for her. If I've made any mistakes in the way I've written it such as the battling style or using field advantages, let me know and I'll quickly edit it n_n)

IceFireLighnting

"Amanda...what happened?" The smaal blonde girl, Amanda, walked past Chrome. She had a look on her face. Disbelief. It looks like one of the girls actually beat one of her toughest trainees. "Hey, Amanda? Who was it that beat you? I'm sorry, but it's just a precaution."

"It was the girl with the Chimchar...I believe Rayna was her name. I can't believe I lost." Amanda wasn't one to talk or care, but she seemed genuinely dissapointed, curious, and excited all at the same time. "I thought I had her Honchkrow, but then...and her Mamoswine was a lot easier, but I beat that one, but then she beat my Skarmory with her little Chimchar...Ugh...this is the first time I've lost in a while...it must be beacause of the new environment." She ended up smiling and running outside. She didn't come back until she had calmed down.

"Wow. She seemed wound up. That Rayna girl...she'll be quite a challenge!"

bellabear

lolfocuspunchyoudead
    Years
    Rayna had left the gym before Sil's battle had even started, she was worried about Chimchar. "Its okay, some relaxation before our first gym battle tonight will do you and everybody else some good right?" Chimchar smiled weakly and the sun had disappeared completely, the orange tint was now a light blue -Its cold- Rayna thought as she clutched Chimchar a little tighter.

As Rayna stepped through the sliding doors for the second time Nurse Joy greeted her happily, "Hey Nurse Joy, could you please do something for my Chimchar"

Nurse Joy nodded and then took Chimchar into her own arms, "Well, there doesn't seem to be any serious damage and she should be fine if you take it easy for the next hour before your gym battle"

Rayna sighed in relief, "Thank you Nurse Joy, I really appreciate it, I'll make sure that all of my Pokemon are rested up"

"Good Idea, good luck with your match and stop by any time" Nurse Joy added as Rayna turned to walk away. It was even darker outside now but Rayna was completely pumped for her battle.

The town was littered with several small groups of three or four people, the celebrations were obviously beginning to end if they hadn't already. Most of them were muttering about the gym being open and wondering if there was a challenger inside. Rayna giggled and her thoughts floated back to her exhilirating battle with Chrome's trainee, "Here Chimchar" Rayna said softly as she lay the small Pokemon on its side underneath a large tree. "Come on out everybody" she said seconds later, Rhyperior, Honchkrow and Mamoswine appeared, Mamoswine's exhaustion was visible. "I'll be right back" Rayna told them.

Rayna came back a few minutes later with bags of Pokemon food, "Here you go, I bought extra too for when we have to leave Pueltown" her Pokemon replied excitedly and then began eating. "So I was thinking about our battle later, if Chrome doesn't battle on the air vent field I'll use you Rhyperior and then Mamoswine, Rock and Ice type moves will do awesome damage against her flying types" Rayna turned to look at Chimchar and smiled as she realised it was sleeping, she stroked its head a little and then turned back to her other three Pokemon.

Half an hour later Rayna became curious as to how well Sil was doing so she decided to head back to the gym with a sleeping Chimchar in her arms.

Years
    "Wait a minute..." Slim said in a slightly insinutive, but friendly tone. "You ain't fixin' to take part in the League Challenge yerself are ya?" While he spoke, a small child asked for an autograph from the two of them. The Texan signed 'Slim' instead of his real name, though he hoped his female counterpart didn't have some nickname so he could try to peek at her signature when she signed it.

Back