• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon League

tomronny

TCG fan
Years
    • TX
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    Hey guys, this is my first time back in a while, and I was wondering if any of you guys know what Pokemon TCG league is. I was looking for places to play the tcg, and I saw one of my local card shops holds an event called league, so I called them and asked a few questions, but it didn't really help. I was wondering if any of you guys have been to one of these leagues, or is it for little kids. I am in high school, so I don't want to go and look weird being almost 6 ft with little 8 year-olds swarming around me, haha. Any info is appreciated!

Years
  • Leagues are basically weekly gatherings of players for playing against each other in a non-structured environment. Sometimes leagues will hold official tournaments called "League Challenges", which are basically tournaments for prizes and for winning "Challenge Points" (the points used to determine eligibility for major tournaments like Nationals and Worlds) sanctioned by The Pokemon Company International.

And the attendees will probably depend on what time of day and what day it is held. If it's on a weeknight, it'll probably be older, hardcore players, between the ages of 12 and 99. If it's on a weekend in the morning or afternoon, it's probably dominated by children and their parents. This is based on my own experience with leagues in my area.

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
    Years
  • Leagues are really fun places to meet friends and other people that love Pokemon, they have a system so if you do 40 battles a month (video game or card they add up the same) you can get a variety of things, ive been going to one for about a year now and ive gotten a badge case with all the BW2 badges and Kalos Pokemon Charms, and its just a hell of a lot of fun, go to it if you have a chance dude, you wont regret it!

tomronny

TCG fan
    Years
    • TX
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    Thank you very much, both of you! I am going to go to league this weekend, and I can't wait now, haha. Thank you!

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2014
    I was going to say what donavannj said. Took the words out of my mouth.

Back