• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Legend of Dragons

What should the Name be???

• Pokemon Calcite

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • Pokemon Legend of Dragons

Votes: 40 44.9%
  • Pokemon Dragon Adventure

Votes: 23 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2012
    hello
    just to be curious, is the pre beta supposed to look like the screenshots on the first page?
    because when i played it, there were 6 pokeballs
    and some of the stuff in the game don't look like the screenshots...is that normal?

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    I just played through the pre-alpha this morning and I love it. I especially like the idea of getting a pokemon based on answering questions.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
  • wow, this hack looks cool. i love the plot as you've told it. Just a word of advice, lets have one more starter! If you're planning on adding the Gabite line, go ahead and add him as a starter unless you have another plan for him in the next beta. I love the idea for the League, and not just an Elite 4. If my computer could play a hacks other than Shiny Gold, i would play this one! I wish you luck!

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • wow, this hack looks cool. i love the plot as you've told it. Just a word of advice, lets have one more starter! If you're planning on adding the Gabite line, go ahead and add him as a starter unless you have another plan for him in the next beta. I love the idea for the League, and not just an Elite 4. If my computer could play a hacks other than Shiny Gold, i would play this one! I wish you luck!

Actually,
    Gible is a starter.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
  • oh, i was thinking some rare pokemon in the other games. I would put charmander as a super rare pokemon and then some other random pokemon, lol

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • oh, i was thinking some rare pokemon in the other games. I would put charmander as a super rare pokemon and then some other random pokemon, lol

Well the Pre-Beta is very short.
    It only goes to the 3rd town.
    It was very good though.
    I can't really remember any other wild pokemon.

Years

I need to update the first post. Those screenshopts are from before I decided to restart.
    There's a few possibilities, for starters.
    Trapinch
    Horsea
    Gible
    Dratini
    Bagon

ooooh, okay, my bad, lol
    can anyone tell me what some of the first few catchable pokemon are?

oh, i was thinking some rare pokemon in the other games. I would put charmander as a super rare pokemon and then some other random pokemon, lol

I can't really remember what pokemon I added on the first few routes. I think it's the usual pokemon like Pidgey and rattata. I added a few pokemon that are a bit different. I think there's a Cubone in Route 45, Nidoran(m) in route 46 and Nidoran(f) and Bellsprout in route 29. (They're aren't any Hoenn/jhoto Pokemon, because you didn't get the National Dex until a while into the game)

Last edited:

~*Pikafan*~

Man I gotta stop leaving!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 23, 2011
    If you can't get the national dex, then how come when I loaded it it showed Lugia on it and went up to Lugia?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • OK, I have played the game, and I want to say that it give me a good impression (although it's still a bit short in my taste... Keep working on it! ;))

Now, onto some comments about the game, I found the new beginning quite interesting, I liked all those weather changes. However, the questionary and getting starter thing ticked me off, as I wanted a Horsea, and I got Gible (yeah, I had to start answering again till I got it :P), by the way, I guess that Gible's not finished, ah? 'Cause it's special ability was "none" (I wonder if that can be changed with Amplifier...)

But, I really wish you luck in trying to fix that shrinking-dancing-starter problem, as it looks that it wont be easy to fix...

I'm not posting bugs, but, maybe you could add the rival's sprite after he says he'll go to his house as soon as it starts to rain.
    And mainly, even though I know it's not simple, I hope the dialogues from the people inside the houses (at New Bark and Cherrygrove) will be changed, because LoD is supposed to be a brand new game, and not a remake.

That was all that I had to comment, it was a bit short but I enjoyed it. Good luck for when you return from your break!

Dr.Garchomp

Mr.Gaburiasu
    Years
  • Great work with the Alpha 2 4the! I liked the diversity in the starters the most, and the MD-like test was fun too. (you can guess which starter I chose. XD) That sailorman was naughty cliffhanger, though I understand you had to come up with a lot in a short amount of time. Keep pressing on to the first beta!

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    If you need any help mapping let me know (pm).
    Just a suggestion, but i think you should change the tile for a new look.

Years
  • Now, onto some comments about the game, I found the new beginning quite interesting, I liked all those weather changes. However, the questionary and getting starter thing ticked me off, as I wanted a Horsea, and I got Gible (yeah, I had to start answering again till I got it :P), by the way, I guess that Gible's not finished, ah? 'Cause it's special ability was "none" (I wonder if that can be changed with Amplifier...)

But, I really wish you luck in trying to fix that shrinking-dancing-starter problem, as it looks that it wont be easy to fix...

I'm not posting bugs, but, maybe you could add the rival's sprite after he says he'll go to his house as soon as it starts to rain.
    And mainly, even though I know it's not simple, I hope the dialogues from the people inside the houses (at New Bark and Cherrygrove) will be changed, because LoD is supposed to be a brand new game, and not a remake.

That was all that I had to comment, it was a bit short but I enjoyed it. Good luck for when you return from your break!

I knew that starter thing was going to be one of those things that some people were going to like and others wouldn't because they wanted (starter name here). But I've found a lot of little patterns that work to get the starters that I wanted to get.

I forgot about adding the Rival back to the house. I'll fix that up.
    And I've only thought of one way to fix the Starter problem in battle. Restart and put everything into a new ROM, which is what I'm doing. That shouldn't take too long since I'm not editing too much.

And I guess only a GSC remaker would have noticed that. (Or am I wrong and others did too.) I think when I did the text for those people it was about midnight, and I couldn't think of anything else. I've got some new text for them now....

If you need any help mapping let me know (pm).
    Just a suggestion, but i think you should change the tile for a new look.

I'm okay with mapping, I like to do it myself, because then it's all my way. And I can add whatever little differences I want to add.

I've got new tiles already, I just decided that I'd leave them as original FR tiles in the alpha. In the beta i'll have them inserted.

Now onto an update of what I'm doing now. I'm back at school now (I've been on holidays since late Novemeber), so I'm going to slowly creep back into my normal rhythm of things and then, slowly hacking will edge in there too. I've started doing little things at the moment (Evolutions, movesets, etc.). I'll add something about the evolutions/movesets of Pokemon. A lot will be changed. And one thing about Pokemon games that I've always hated, are evolution stones. Pokemon that evolve by Evolution Stones will also evolve by levels(except for eevee)..... So these evolutions, will have new moves to remove they're older crappier ones.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Will you give UMBREON something good like CRUNCH, plz?
    That would be useful.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    that's nice updates ya got, thethethethe... =3

I wish you well in the things you desire on doing. ;)
    Keep it up~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back