• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Legendary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekaj

Vampire Hunter
Years
  • Contents~

1. Story
    2. Features
    3. Screens
    4. Progress
    5. Jobs

Story~

Pokemon Legendary Edition is set in the Lost region. It lies west of the Almia region and is mostly a vast wasteland. Most of the Lost region is a desertous climate, in which lies a fabled oasis. You play as an amnesiac in a choice based storyline. You wake up in the lost region with a professor standing over you, She tells you that the two of you colide while running and now the pokeballs are mixed up. You only get the choice of two pokemon (third pokeball is empty) You get either a Staryu or Vulpix. Everywhere you go people will reconize you but won't tell you your name. You're a famous trainer but what's your name? Choose to be boy or girl. (will also affect storyline). The Oasis will play a key role in the story.

Features~

New Story: Plot explained above.
    New Region: The Lost region. New towns to explore
    Eight new Gyms: Eight new badges, and a suprise member of the elite four.
    Choice based storyline: Choices bring one of four endings (two per gender).
    Team Rocket involvement: Protect the people of the local towns from or join Team Rocket in stealing pokemon. Joining Team Rocket could cause a meeting with Giovanni.

Screenshots~

Pokemon: Legendary Edition

Progress~

Demo: 0%
    Mapping: 1%
    Sprites: 0%
    Eventing: 0%
    Scripting: 0%
    Storyline: 20%

Jobs~

Help needed. Most positions available.

Advanced Spriters, Scripters, and mixers needed.

P.M. me for more info and to apply spriters and mixers please present proof of you work.

I will handle the mapping and story. Though my decisions on both will be up for discussion if anyone on the team has a problem with it.

Screenshots and Logo comming soon!

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I'm sorry to say this, but... your mapping is absolutely dreadful. There are no paths, the ocean just starts, without the border tiles, and there are far too many open spaces. Your plot is also very cliche, the protagonist with amnesia is really overdone... And why would the character have to choose a starter if they are a famous trainer?

OM3GA Umbr30n

Was Mazot2
    Years
    • Age 26
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 3, 2010
    I'm sorry to say this, but... your mapping is absolutely dreadful. There are no paths, the ocean just starts, without the border tiles, and there are far too many open spaces. Your plot is also very cliche, the protagonist with amnesia is really overdone... And why would the character have to choose a starter if they are a famous trainer?
    I actually have to agree... Im not going to help if the hack is this bad...

PokeStoneR

Soul Master
    Years
  • Hey!

I got your message just now.

Currently I am being proposed jobs for scripting/mapping by 4 different people, AND I am making a small hack of my own at the moment (Mafia Island, youtube video). As soon as I finish and upload my hack, I will be glad to make a final decision on which project to work for.

Peace,
    PokeStoneR

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • Geez...It's only a joke...I'm Catholic, and I think it's funny.

Everyone's only trying to post CC, and now I will quote based on memory.

Originally posted in THE RULES OF THE GAME DEVELOPMENT FORUM:

"Be sure to take any constructive critique, even if it's negative!"

There only telling you that you're mapping is "Bad". However, that's something to improve on! Practice makes perfect! Everyone was bad at mapping from the start. (Waits for someone who objects)

Perhaps some ways to improve would be to make the maps a little more creative and to add borders to the water.

If you take CC the right way, your game will most definitely succeed! :)

(I'm getting too energetic, aren't I? Meh, I am usually energetic)

~Money Stack~

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2021
    Excellent region map your mapping is kind of strange though are you using the standard starter pack tilesets?

Mekaj

Vampire Hunter
    Years
  • Update!

Demo: 2%
    Mapping: 5%
    Sprites: 2%
    Eventing: 0%
    Scripting: 0%
    Storyline: 40%

Scripters and Sappers Still Needed!

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2014
    I don't wanna question your math or anything...but how can the demo be 2% done with 5% mapping, 2% sprites, 40% storyline, and 0% eventing and scripting? without the eventing and scripting, the demo cant possibly be even 2% along...cuz it won't work...

Mekaj

Vampire Hunter
    Years
  • The eventing and scripting are 0% because I know jack didly about how to do them and no one will help. Secondly the Demo is 2% done because the Events from Ruby are still there and I'm estimating including starting town I have 3 towns mapped out and as mentioned above my mapping sucks and that's because all I really know how to do is insert tiles and again I can't find any help. So if someone would please help out everything would look decent and I'd have awesome screens instead of the sucky ones you see up there which are better than the current maps cuz I screwwed up the colors trying to change the grass to desert sand now I have Golden trees as well. There's trees in places advance map wont reach for me to remove. My tilesets from one area screw up the next areas tileset when the player crosses from map to map. I seriously need help I'm drowning and I can't find my way up please someone help cuz my hack is going down the tubes!

Neo-Spriteman

or goloog. that works too.
    Years
    • Age 26
    • MD
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    The eventing and scripting are 0% because I know jack didly about how to do them and no one will help. Secondly the Demo is 2% done because the Events from Ruby are still there and I'm estimating including starting town I have 3 towns mapped out and as mentioned above my mapping sucks and that's because all I really know how to do is insert tiles and again I can't find any help. So if someone would please help out everything would look decent and I'd have awesome screens instead of the sucky ones you see up there which are better than the current maps cuz I screwwed up the colors trying to change the grass to desert sand now I have Golden trees as well. There's trees in places advance map wont reach for me to remove. My tilesets from one area screw up the next areas tileset when the player crosses from map to map. I seriously need help I'm drowning and I can't find my way up please someone help cuz my hack is going down the tubes!

Hmm... Events from Ruby... I'm starting to wonder if this isn't a game at all, but a hack. Unless, of course, you mean RGSS.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back