• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon legends/pokemon fantsies

How is my stories and games? Juat asking

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

afroquackster

SAY WHAT!? Deviantart!
    Years
    Read this.

POKEMON LEGENDS. Chap 1
    (sorry i couldn't upload my file)

Story line:(story based not game based)
    Jake Bo, a boy that just became 10 and got his poke liscence. Jake, of course very eager to get his first pokemon, he did not sleep the night before. But........ that night he saw some thing that only lucky ones could have seen, but he did not know that. It was a legendary pokemon called Reigeri. when he saw Reigeri he still did not sleep. he was sure he saw Reigeri, the symbol of his town, Panglyve town. The next day of course he was fast asleep but not on his bed, but on the floor. His mother, Mrs.bo, tried to wake him up but she couldn't so she shoved ice into jake's pants. Jake did wake up with a struggling face but when he woke up and leaped so high his head hit the ceiling.<ouch>

After jake got ready, ate breakfast and put on his shoes, he went to his town proffesor, Prof Limen Stump(real name Marty Stump Smith[theycall him prof Limen because he likes lemon] from Kanto region, moved to Linnoa region.
    There were three pokemon to choose from............

Mishi, a baby dragon pokemon, the fire pokemon, Wafly, a baby serpent, the water pokemon and Cataleaf, a cat like pokemon with a leaf on its head, the grass pokemon. Proffesor Limen Stump said there was also three sinnoh region pokemon he can choose from but Jake went with the Linnoa region pokemon instead. he chose Mishi, the fire type pokemon. Then he took his Mishi and started his journey<boring>.......XD.

Pokemon Fantasies: game based.
    See ya next time.......:C

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Uh. I can't tell if this is a story or if this is some other thing. o_o;;

Either way, if you PM me and tell me it's a Pokémon fanfiction, I move it over there. Until then..

And you PM'd me to tell me it's a fanfiction, so

moved.

Last edited:

afroquackster

SAY WHAT!? Deviantart!
    Years
    pokemon fantsies Chap 1

You <Chris> are a new pokemon trainer. you just moved to a new town, Panlyve town. you came from oakshire town, a town on the other end of the Linnoa region. you also just got your pokemon liscence. now you can get your first pokemon, but your annoying twin sister also is getting her first pokemon today. you go to your town proffesor's lab, proffesor Smith aka prof limen<hehehe> but you find he is not there. your sister, annoyed, went back home. but you an adventurous boy went walking out of the town. there you find a boy named horace. he too just moved there and he too wanted to get his first pokemon.

And then, something zoomed passed you and horace. you followed it. then it fell down the steep hill. it was a man!. he shouted to you and said "Grab a pokeball Kiddo!" then you choose any of the three pokeballs. each of them has a Linnoa region starter pokemon in them.<you know what they are>( if that was me, i would choose mishi) you saw there were three Houndgores and a Blazemutt attacking that man. A battle started! wild Houndgore appeared! GO MISHI!............( to be continued)<I do this on purpose> hehehehehehe HAHAHAHAHA MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *cough*cough*

Last edited:

Lukespade

Poke'mon Author
    Years
    Review

Review on request:

Well let's see. I'd say be alot more descriptive (especially if you are going to make up Pokemon...for example: wat is mishi? is it a dog? a bird? a worm? a mutant bear?)

umm... o ya! wen you do this "........." just use three "..." wat else... o ya! gramar: you've got a lot of mispellings and frankly rong wrds. for example "she when home" should be "she went home" o and capatalizations to.you should prly capatalize the beggings of ur sentences. indeed in normal forum chat ppl wouldn't but wen you are writin a story u have to or ppl are going to not evn take it seriously.

so why are there two stories going on at once? are they going to connect somhow or are u writin 2 different stories at once?

lastly, personally I don't believe making up pokemon is a good idea because you have to invent ALOT of them and give them physical and mental characteristics. not only that you have to make up new moves to and new special abilities. (now if ur not actually making up pokemon and those are jst japanese names for pokemon im srry)

all in all i say this is a pretty basic start with many possibliliteis but mostly be descriptive and grammatically correct. ppl reading cannot see wats happening so u have make them see it in their head with description. also grammar is important so ppl can take ur fic seriously.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    First off, I'd like to comment on Lukespade's review -- which I know I did via PM but would like to further bring up. If you're going to comment on someone else's grammar, please actually make an effort to use proper grammar and spelling yourself. For example:

What else...? Oh yeah! Grammar: you've got a lot of misspellings and frankly wrong words.

It amuses me that you misspelled "misspellings." In any case, you get the idea. You just don't comment on someone else's grammar unless your post has been proofread itself. The reason why is because otherwise, you look like a hypocrite.

That aside, afro, I'm sorry, but he is right concerning grammar. There's a ton of errors here in spelling and general grammar. (For example, it's "license.") A lot of these errors can actually be picked up if you wrote in a word processing document and hit "spell check." Alternatively, if you have Microsoft Word, turn on spell check as you type so you get red squiggles under misspelled words. It looks atrocious, but for Pokemon fanfiction, it's easier to see what is and isn't a spelling error.

I'd also highly recommend getting a beta -- or someone who will be able to look over your story and point out errors before you go to submit it, then work with you in order to refine your work.

In terms of storyline...

First Story
    The description, yes, could use work. In a lot of cases, you give us no details to imagine what's going on. For example, we don't know what Jake or Reigeri look like, and we don't know how Jake saw it. Did he see it flying over the town from his bedroom window? If so, why didn't anyone else notice that the symbol of the town had suddenly appeared?

On top of that, you just have some oddities here and there.

The next day of course he was fast asleep but not on his bed, but on the floor. His mother, Mrs.bo, tried to wake him up but she couldn't so she shoved ice into jake's pants. Jake did wake up with a struggling face but when he woke up his head hit the ceiling.<ouch>

First off, don't write things like "<ouch>." That's breaking the fourth wall if you meant it as an author's note. We can gather that what happened was painful, so tacking that on just doesn't look right.

Second, um, I don't know about your mother, but mine never shoved ice down my pants whenever I didn't get up. I'm inclined to say it's a bit cruel for a mother to do that to her child. So, this moment seems like forced comedy right there because it doesn't really make sense for a mother to do something like that.

Third, how tall is Jake? A ceiling tends to be several feet high, and given the fact that he was sleeping on the floor, unless he's a giant, I'm having trouble picturing him just waking up and his head hitting the ceiling.

he went to his town proffesor, Prof Limen(real name Marty Smith[theycall him prof Limen because he likes lemon] from Kanto region, move to Linnoa region.

First off, all regional professors are named after actual trees. "Limen" is not a tree. It could be if you spelled it "Lemon," but. It's mostly a canonical tradition.

Also, is it really necessary to tell us all this information about him? We don't know what he looks like, but we already know his real name and the fact that some vague people (as in, you never specify who "they" are) call him "Limen."

Third, while I'm trying to avoid commenting on grammar, I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do with the last four words of this excerpt. I know you're trying to say Professor Limen moved to the Linnoa Region, but... read it aloud. It's a bit awkward, and it doesn't really make sense as it is because that comma's there. (You're essentially saying, "He went to his town professor move to Linnoa Region.")

<boring>.......XD.

Commentary in the story from the author = bad. We're less likely to take your story seriously if you do things like that, especially if you insert a smiley at the end.

And, of course, we don't know what any of these starters look like, and it feels like Jake only took five seconds to review them and make his choice because there's a lack of dialogue and thoughts.

Overall, it feels like a pretty generic story. Kid sees a legendary (which happens now and then in OTs), wakes up late, rushes to professor's house, and starts a journey. On top of that, you don't let your characters really develop personalities because you're trying to get from one place to another, so in the process, you don't let them speak or spend time on different actions. You don't even describe any of the characters. This, of course, is a bad thing because you're working with new Pokemon. You really need to slow down, take your time, and detail what's going on so we can get a full image of the characters, who they are, and what they're doing. If your story ever ends up coming off as boring, it's probably because you're skipping all the vital details that a story should have and leaving an incredibly bare-bones storyline.

Incidentally, no, there's nothing wrong with creating new Pokemon or a new region. You just need to describe them and give them personalities or habits. For example, if you created a dog Pokemon, you'll want to tell us it looks like a golden retriever and happily pads after human beings. You don't want to leave it at the Pokemon's name because that really doesn't tell us anything.

Second Story
    You know, the point of using second person point of view (in which the story is told from the perspective of "you") is to make the main character pretty anonymous so the reader can put themselves in the character's shoes. Once you give a name to this "you," it automatically becomes a story about Chris, not about us.

Other than that, the same problems in the first story occur again in the second. We don't know what anything looks like, and you still hit us over the head with unnecessary author's notes, such as this:

<you know what they are>( if that was me, i would choose mishi)

Okay, now that's just lazy. You've started on a completely separate story, so you really need to mention what these Pokemon are.

Also...

you saw there were three Houndgores and a Blazemutt attacking that man.

Houndgore = relative of Houndour?

Also, why didn't these Pokemon attack the kids too if the professor just zoomed past them with Pokemon at his heels? As in, why did the kids only notice the Pokemon as soon as the battle started (after they chose their Pokemon) and not before?

............( to be continued)<I do this on purpose>

Well, yes, cutting off before an exciting moment is called a "cliffhanger," and it's really nothing new. (I do it all the time.) It's just that in order to get the audience take the cliffhanger seriously, you'll want to avoid pointing out that it's a cliffhanger. It's stating the obvious, really.

Pretty much the same problems happen in this fic as in the first one, particularly with characterization and description. Again, take your time and add as much detail as you possibly can so we can get a full view of what's going on and who these characters (such as Horace) are.

Also, you'll want to choose one story and stick with it in one thread. You can try maintaining two at once, but to avoid confusing the reader as to what installment goes with what story, you'll want to keep your stories separate.

In all, you really do need a lot of work. Go get a beta and take your time with your narration.

Lukespade

Poke'mon Author
    Years
    Xanthine did this to me to.

Don't worry Afro. Xanthine did a review sort of like this to me... in fact he was really quite cruel but, because of his review, the revised version of my fan fic is about ten times better than the old one. However, I would like to apologize for not using good grammar on my review. Anyways, take the advice given to you. When I write a chapter, it does take me about an hour and a half. You should try taking that kind of time and really try to get into writing your story. Good luck!

afroquackster

SAY WHAT!? Deviantart!
    Years
    okay I will change it. just sometimes I type so fast, i don't even know what iam typing.
    well Houndgore is a relative of houndour. Blazemutt is the evolved form of Houndgore. the poke 'mutts' did not attack the kids because... I will explain that next time. well I will be gone for a while... but I might find a computer with wi-fi. see ya. =D wait well I typed "boring" because I was bored so i started this. even then I realized I don't like the story but never mind. Mishi, a baby dragon Pokemon. Wafly, a baby serpent and cataleaf, a cat like pokemon. hehe

I also did not want to have a lot of talking scenes but after that I changed my mind. I will continue pokemon legends later. pokemon fantsies. hmmmmm, dunno? hehe HaHaHaHaHa Muahahahahahaha *cough*cough*

Review on request:

Well let's see. I'd say be alot more descriptive (especially if you are going to make up Pokemon...for example: wat is mishi? is it a dog? a bird? a worm? a mutant bear?)

lastly, personally I don't believe making up pokemon is a good idea because you have to invent ALOT of them and give them physical and mental characteristics. not only that you have to make up new moves to and new special abilities.

Well as you see, read above. I have created over 90 pokemon.(abilities, powers, evolution, new types and all sorts) So, i have done what you said. other than that, I created all those since the beginning of the year. you want the list, pictures, facts. no. I am awfully sorry.

Okay, I'll tell you the diffrence. Pokemon fantasies is game based. that means I am making a game on it. Pokemon legends is a story a series. it currently a project. ok understand

Last edited by a moderator:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    okay I will change it. just sometimes I type so fast, i don't even know what iam typing.
    Lolwut? Why do you type so fast? If you can't type fast and type well, slow down! Nobody's forcing you to speed up!

well Houndgore is a relative of houndour. Blazemutt is the evolved form of Houndgore. Mishi, a baby dragon Pokemon. Wafly, a baby serpent and cataleaf, a cat like pokemon. hehe
    Well, tell that in the story, not to us!

afroquackster

SAY WHAT!? Deviantart!
    Years
    The story as you see in my signature is being rewritten. I am doing my best to make the new story better, here is a part of it

don't try to send me any warning! this is copied and pasted from microsoft word

POKEMON FANTSIES

(The better story by the original author, afroquackster. Hehehehe HaHaHaHaHa MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA *cough*cough*) game based with a little story grammar into it, ooh ooh and parts not in the game.

"zZzZZZzZ," you go (you definitely you know "you" is CHRIS). "Wake up sleepy head!" goes your annoying twin sister. "Mrmph," you mumble in your sleep. CRISSY then pushes you off the bed.* boom! You fall down.* "what is wrong with you CRISSY!" you shout at your sister.*

"Oh, I just like doing that, Hehe," CRISSY goes with a little giggle in her sentence.*

"Harrumph," you grumble.*

"Get out! I need to change!"*

"okay, okay. Don't have a cow!" CRISSY says*

"How annoying can she get?" you grumble beneath your breath.* You get changed.*

You go downstairs. MOM rushes to you. "Sob, sob! I cannot believe my kiddies are growing up, Bawl!" your mom goes crying.

"Aww, mom!" you go.*

"Well CHRIS, we should better be going now!" CRISSY says*

a word of advice, * means not from the game but my own story

Last edited:

afroquackster

SAY WHAT!? Deviantart!
    Years
    here are the Characters of pokemon fantasies.

Well this is another thread by the afro! Hehe

~CHRIS~ (You) boy Rival if you are CRISSY
    A young adventurous boy who loves pokemon and wants to be the world champion. His favourite pokemon, dragon-fire types. His father has one. You just moved into Panglyve town.

~CRISSY [short for Christina] ~ (you) girl [cannot get sprite] Rival if you are CHRIS
    A beautiful girl who just wants to be the world's best coordinator. She is CHRIS's twin. She may not be as adventurous as her brother but she loves traveling but not getting into trouble. She is an annoying little brat.

~HORACE~ Friend and rival.
    A boy who also just moved to Panglyve town. He is an energetic kid. His father owns a restaurant in Hyter city. His dream is to be a pokemon professor. He loves pokemon and he knows a lot about them too. He is a great cook, so when you meet him during your adventure, he will heal your pokemon, 3 rare candy specials. He will also give you a coupon to his dad's restaurant and a mea l(will be put in your bag).

~MICHEAL~ Town bully and rival

He has been the town bully even before you moved. He will challenge you when you first come out of your house but you don't have a pokemon yet, so he will say he will challenge you when you get your pokemon, surprisingly he doesn't but he will challenge you when you begin your journey. His pokemon is Weezing, Blazemutt, houndour, electabuzz and Domisho. This will be the arrangement of pokemon he uses, just tips before I really start my game.

~Jake Bo~ the Linnoa region champion.
    You will meet him every time you defeat a gym leader he will give you tips and sometimes maybe items that cannot be found or bought. But if you do a special task/ errand you can get a rare pokemon (maybe). To find a task read on!

To find a task or errand
    Go around, talk to people, some of them will give you an errand to do but the task is a choice. To find special errand/ task READ ON!

~MAX~ Jake's friend (Spiky haired boy)
    Whenever you see a boy with spiky hair, you will see this'!' sign above his head. That means there is a special task or errand available. Go up to him he will tell you what it is. If that task/ errand needs an item he will give you the item even though it can be bought, but in your items pocket the will be the sign beside the item (the sign is SMI).

~Ash Ketchum~ World champion
    Ash Ketchum, a boy who loves pokemon as much as CHRIS. He helps out a lot. But 99% you will lose to him at the end of the game. Even I haven't figured it out yet when I am the creator! Hehe!

~Team Mystic~
    A team of people working together to stop evil but they create their own pokemon. They are so secret that only on person of the whole world knows them, Doma, team Doom's leader.

~Team Doom~
    A team of people who dedicate their work only to evil! They create their own army of evil pokemon. They made a pokeball called the doomball. Any pokemon it captures it will turn evil until the main tower is destroyed. One more thing, the doom main tower is undetectable! Oh, yeah the pokemon will have the team Doom sign on its belly or forehead.

~Solar Squad~
    A squad like the pokemon rangers. They save pokemon and have a capture stylus. They would do anything to save the pokemon. They created a new pokeball called the solarball.

~Shadow Squad~
    Just the opposite of the Solar Squad. They have the shadow stylus. Whenever they use the Shadow stylus any pokemon they capture will become evil!
    They made the shadowspreadball which ability is it can catch three pokemon at once or either catches a pokemon from far away.

Last edited:

afroquackster

SAY WHAT!? Deviantart!
    Years
    ok, my pokemon stories aren't that great but hey, I am not giving up no matter what you readers say! I don't care!

Pokemon Fantasies Chapter 1

CHRIS, a boy who wants to be the greatest pokemon master ever in the linnoa region, just moved in. His sister, CRISSY, wants to be a great coordinator.

sorry. thats all i have to say.

afroquackster

SAY WHAT!? Deviantart!
    Years
    alright, i will. I too knew that my stories at he top wasn't that nice. well, i will not give up ever unless i die... i can send you the screenshots but not a lot and by e-mail.

Back