• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Legitimacy

Sh4dow

Becoming undone..
Years
  • I'm normally very skeptical about things like this, but getting my very first NDS very soon (as I'd like to be back into serious PkMN gaming) I searched eBay and came across this.

https://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAP...1388&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab=Watching

Obviously he is using PokemonSav to generate the pokemon - but not knowing how to do it, I was thinking of buying it to serve as novelty purposes and buy a separate brand new game from a reputable store nearby to play instead.

What I'd like to know is, should I waste my time buying such items, or am I better off just playing to scratch the whole idea. The only legit legendary I owned was the Wishmaker Jirachi which was stolen of me as a child (cartridge was stolen after I distinctively said that my friend could not borrow it - got it back, but where is Jirachi *gasp*).

I repeat again, the only purpose for this if I were buying it would be for novelty purposes. If I were to forget the idea, would I ever be able to own a legit event pokemon? In Australia, events aren't well promoted so often I will miss these events.

Fancies_Chanseys

Collector
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2008
    you have only missed one event in australia, the JB Hi-Fi manaphy, i say just stick with the new game and dont waste your money on the hacked game

OMG there was a JB HiFi event? T~T I missed it...

Anyway if it were me, no matter how cheap it was, (even free) I would never buy or accept anything hacked. I like to stay legit and even though I may not have as many shinys or better pokemon I feel better inside than the hacker. Because I know that I am not simply cheating on a game because I am either too lazy or not capable of doing these things legitimately.

Thats my 2 cents! =)

P.S: shalashaska, where do I find out about events in Australia?
    P.P.S: Sorry for going a bit off topic...

Years
  • I know you said it's just a novelty item, but what's the point of buying it and then just basically looking at it since you can't do anything with all the Pokemon?

You're better just buying a new game and starting fresh from there. Hacks aren't supported here either, so I don't see the point in buying it if you just let it sit there.

Buying the game is fun enough, no need to wreck all the surprise by knowing everything with an already done game. ;D

shalashaska

ocelot
    Years
  • OMG there was a JB HiFi event? T~T I missed it...

Anyway if it were me, no matter how cheap it was, (even free) I would never buy or accept anything hacked. I like to stay legit and even though I may not have as many shinys or better pokemon I feel better inside than the hacker. Because I know that I am not simply cheating on a game because I am either too lazy or not capable of doing these things legitimately.

Thats my 2 cents! =)

P.S: shalashaska, where do I find out about events in Australia?
    P.P.S: Sorry for going a bit off topic...

i found out through the australian nintendo site

Ryo1234

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Omg all teh pokeymanz? & shinees? omfg
    & only 70 dollars +shipping and handeling. waht a bargin! bet ull all be jealous of me when i get minez in da mail! LOLOLOL

>___>
    eBay's crap.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
  • Not only is it not legit and hacked, I'm willing to be the game is a fake too.

Nah, the guy just probaly hacked the game cartridge and repackaged it to make it look new.

Your Pokémon are all legit, so feel free to: trade, battle, have Super Contests, mix records, make Poffin, and all the other fun stuff you can do with your customized Pokémon Pearl along with your friends/family -- online and offline!!
    I rofl at this part of the description.

And whats even funnier is that it costs like 40$ more than the original just because it has hacked Pokemon and items and stuff.

Denuo

Samuel » Casual Collector
    Years
  • I wouldn't bother personally. eBay is full of stuff like that, people find loopholes and exploit them, it's how the world is.

I personally get a good feeling from adding the most common of Pokemon to my Dex, through to the more rarer ones. It's that feeling you don't get when you hack them just to watch them sit in your box and do nothing, kinda defeats things.

It's a shame that stuff like this happens really, because I know it would tempt a lot of people. I've even been tempted by it. But it's technology, most games have a darker side/illegitimate players.

Sam

Last edited:

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Here's a bit of logic for you: he's charging $80 for a game with every shiny or whatever it was. Isnt it cheaper to by an AR for however much they are over there, and find the code he's using?

Btw i do not endorse hacking in any way shape or form, hacking is bad.

Years
  • I found an AR code that makes all Pokémon Shiny.

BTW: Gofre you are right about you could just buy the AR cartridge because I have done the math:

Game ($34.99, Target) + ARDS ($24.99, Retailer) = $59.98

And the guy on ebay is selling it for $79.49

So you are Saving $19.51

shadow25

Breader
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    i would die for that but i got one already and i likea game whear i get a chalange off it so i woulg like it but no way to hacks

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    IMO, I like Fan-made Pokemon.

I've made some for the kids my mother watches, and are made to give them Pokemon they can't get(Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Deoxys/Phione/Manaphy/Darkrai/Shaymin/Arceus)

I don't like making them, really. I'm only doing it for them :/

IMO, it's more fun recieving other's Fan-made Events.

Back