• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Light Red Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
  • I definitely like the tileset that you're using and I admire the fact thy you're trying to do something different with your hack. However I think there are some glaring problems with this project that if fixed would round the hack off much better. Now, I do like the fact you're not going for the regular starter triangle but the three Pokemon you have chosen make little to no sense when grouped together, I'm also worried about the script as it doesn't look like you're using a multichoice box rather that you're running through all 3 Pokemon which is a big no no for me.

I think you should either scrap the title screen you're using for completely rework it, it is just poor. The text is horribly done and doesn't fit in the style of Pokemon, it's much too blank and the red sprite you're using looks completely out of place and badly drawn. Your mapping also leaves a lot to be desired starting with the weird tree placement and small tile paths. I just think that you may need to take a look at some of the better maps in the map rating thread or take a look at the maps of some better hacks. Good luck but I think this hack needs a lot of work before is even consider playing it.

coca cola

Wanna be:D
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    I agree with what Shinx said although I think the idea and concept of this game is epic like SOA and that you should definitely continue moving forward with this game!

You made me login congrats :)

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Hey guys, I'm having a rough start but I'll start updating when I do :)

@Shinx, thanks for saying, I'll have many changes on the next update :) I appreciate.

coca cola

Wanna be:D
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    btw I forgot to say that I would think it would be good if by each floor the rooms got bigger and slightly harder furthermore to add depth try to make it so that some of floors have distinct characteristics (for e.g. floors 40-50 could all be ice dungeons with ancient symbols and NPC's to match the setting)

All that said I would prefer a better story than most of that stuff but that would be the iceing on the cake:D

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • btw I forgot to say that I would think it would be good if by each floor the rooms got bigger and slightly harder furthermore to add depth try to make it so that some of floors have distinct characteristics (for e.g. floors 40-50 could all be ice dungeons with ancient symbols and NPC's to match the setting)

All that said I would prefer a better story than most of that stuff but that would be the iceing on the cake:D

That is the idea. I am still adding more tiles, but thanks though :)

Falsever

Nation Blue
    Years
  • Great ideas for your hack. But I think the title screen need more work, as Shinx said.
    I like how you mix SAO with Pokemon. :)
    By the way, the tileset looks awesome, supporting this! <3

RogerNihilus

Pokémon Hack Lover :D
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2016
    I actually have an idea that you might like. You may put battles where you have to ally with your rival to win, for example double battles where you and your rival have to face a tougth leader, who knows. My opinion is that you have a lot to work with this hack, your limit is your imagination, however don't forget that filling the game with every idea you have might make the logical sequence of the plot, I have seen that happen many times.

Please continue to progress with this hack that I look foward to.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • My fellow friend! I see your hack finally, I love the tiles you use ;) I want to see some scripts for sure xD

Thanks! It's because you shared those tiles xD Soon enough! I'm really having problems with my rom. I think I have to restart all over again. After that, I'll upload progress.

I actually have an idea that you might like. You may put battles where you have to ally with your rival to win, for example double battles where you and your rival have to face a tougth leader, who knows. My opinion is that you have a lot to work with this hack, your limit is your imagination, however don't forget that filling the game with every idea you have might make the logical sequence of the plot, I have seen that happen many times.

Please continue to progress with this hack that I look foward to.

Not a bad idea ;) I'll work with that ^^ Thanks. I will :)

RogerNihilus

Pokémon Hack Lover :D
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2016
    I just realized I made a mistake on my reply, I was trying to say that if you fill the game with every idea you have, it might take the logical sequence of the plot away. Sorry, I was typing to fast xD

Years
  • This looks nice, there are definitaly areas for improvement. Don't take criticism the wrong way like some. you've got a good idea, and i'd play it. just... make some more strides for improvement, and also, maybe give us a bit more insight on how the tower will work, such as catching pokemon, or maybe a shop every 5 floors to buy a pokemon. I don't know.

Kenna18155

Kenna18155
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Dec 1, 2020
    Love the idea! Can't wait for a beta. I wonder how the whole "if you lose, you die" aspect would work with Pokémon, though...

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Love the idea! Can't wait for a beta. I wonder how the whole "if you lose, you die" aspect would work with Pokémon, though...

That "if you lose, you die" is not part of this game! XD There's a respawn point for every player in every floors though :P

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • SAO + PKMN? Genius. But please don't put romance. D:

Anyway, you should have added the you lose you die part. Still it wouldnt make sense if you win against rivals and they die.

Die rivals die

Just joking tho, looking forward to your hack.

Orifiel

Priestess
    Years
  • I like how this is going, I like the respawn point idea, so after 11 to 11 floor, there will be new tiles? I expect more screenshots.

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
    Years
  • I really like the idea of this hack keep it up! I really would love to play it story looks nice.
    But why is there only a stair down on each floor?

Kenna18155

Kenna18155
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Dec 1, 2020
    You may want to change the font color in your intro. The white text blends in with the white on the trainer picture. Maybe you could use white text + black outline?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back