• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Light White and Space Black Versions Developers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
    Yeah, I saw the resemblence too. And I'll add you to the Member List...just a sec...

And I'll post my improved version of Herbeon in a minute...

Okay, here's my work...but for some reason...I couldn't make it stop looking rabbit-like...

-Image Sent to Super Vault-

But I did manage to make an original and nice looking tail.

Last edited:

Shadow-Ex

Team Dark ******
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2005
    That's great! And about the name of the grass version, i like syntheon better.
    Oh and about the Leafwater Town's new map, i liked the old one better and what happened to the secret door to space, the shop where you can buy special items and the waterfall?

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
    Nah, it sounds like it could relate to too many things. "I'm synthesizing something"
    Only when it has photo- before synthesis is when you know it's a plant thing. With Herbeon, you can't go wrong. Herbs. They come from plants and nothing else.

I would like to keep the topic on the sprite for now...we still have a problem with the heads looking like rabbit ones.

But I will answer your question. You see that thing that looks like a huge garage door in front of a tunnel or something? That actually leads to Underground Routes 1, 2 and 3 (basically, all of them :)), designed to be like a long tunnel-like road that you can travel high-speed on (riding those cool hovercrafts I think that I mentioned in the other thread) without running into people, pokemon or obstacles. Plus it looks cool on the inside. Anyway, it has some off-ramps along the way, and the first one you'll encounter leads up to that empty cliff area above the large door. Up there is a Pokeclub that also sells some rare goods.

The waterfall is coming. It'll be on that rock-wall between Pine's Lab (sunken building at the moment) and that house on the far right (welcome mats are coming so that you can tell where the doors are...I'm sick of everything unrealistically facing south). It'll be bigger, better, you can ride up & down it and it leads to a bigger lake on the route north of Leafwater.

Finally, just so you know, (I already told you the first part) I drew (I hand draw everything first, I'm really good at it too) the complete overhead (on the PokeNav) map, so soon you'll all be able to see where everything actually is located, what size, shape as well as what enviroment it's in. Leafwater happens to be one of those wide places, so it needed a big change. I also thought it didn't make sense to have a moving van need to go down a set of stairs (one of the main reasons for making the Underground Routes)...even though I may be able to edit that part out...

Now, I need to take down the work I put up, of Herbeon, because I don't want people taking stuff and copying it before the game is out. If it's copied after the game is out, it's just fan art!

I'll be sending the tail in the newsletter, though.
    Speaking of which, none of you have subscribed to the newsletter, and today is Saturday, so if none of you subscribe today, there won't be one today!

Okay, I'm bored from nobody posting. So I added something new! Check the discussion topics list...do you like the format or not (If not, I've got another idea, so don't worry)?

Last edited:

Shadow-Ex

Team Dark ******
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2005
    Lol....How do i subscribe to the newsletter? and you should take down the metro pass and star ticket too before it is thiefed by someone.....psst...Black and White!

Shadow-Ex

Team Dark ******
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2005
    Sorry for double posting but i have redone Chubraidermon's Steeleon and made my own.
    here they are:

my one might need some redoing, can anyone make it look better?
    And are you putting in three new legendaries like they have in every region e.g: Kanto - Zapdos,Articuno and Moltres

Last edited:

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
    Yes, there will be three legendaries.

But as for the Steel evolution, I decided not to have it, since it isn't really an element...it's like making a fighting type one (ick)...doesn't make sense. Plus, it would be hard to make a good looking one. And six are enough.

I did realize that Vaporeon looked similar to Jolteon, and Espeon looked similar to Umbreon...meaning it might be a good idea to have Herbeon look similar to Flareon.

I've done a drawing, and it looks nice, but the face is messed up.

Here are the tail and ears...

Each paw has one leaf on it too, and it has five diamond-shaped leaves (the herbs, they fall off and grow back every seven months) around the neck.

To sign up for the newsletter, PM me saying you want to.

All members will recieve a code in the newsletter, allowing them to access the Light White and Space Black Image Vault!

Last edited:

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
    Big News: The doors to a new world open...

Sorry to double post...but this is big and I'm getting really bored from nobody posting...if it's because of a vacation or something, at least tell me.....

*snaps out of it*

Anyway, I was looking around at some other threads, when I came upon something incredible!

Apparently, Fire Red and Leaf Green are actually based off of Ruby and Sapphire, meaning we can basically use all the stuff from both of them! In addition to that, I found out that only 60% of the ROM is used, leaving 40% for anything we want to put in! Woohoo! (all info from Coolboyman's thread 'Adventures In Rijon')

*gets serious*

Guys, this, contrary to what everyone says, going to be more than a hack...

This, is going to be a total revolution of the definion hack...of a pokemon game...

We must put all our effort into making this the greatest pokemon game of all time!

Okay, now that we know that, I have some plans for what to do with this 40% of unused space...

I'm thinking of, first making a rather large series of islands, with a total space of about half the size of Hoenn...along with a gigantic ocean, where many secrets and adventures may await...

Speaking of which, we can now accomodate for at least two or three seperate (or linked) plots now, making the game less boring and the plot less 'linear'.

We can also have every pokemon between the two games, making them seem more complete.

As for any more maps or new pokemon, I'm free to suggestions and ideas!

So, whatcha think?

Shadow-Ex

Team Dark ******
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2005
    Looks good, i think it should be a trainer on earth because he dosen't have a space outfit

Shadow-Ex

Team Dark ******
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2005
    Sorry to double post again, but i lost my elitemap and advance map and i forgot where to get them! Pine could you help?

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Pine said:
    Night. And it should actually be another evolution, like Espeon, that one has the least individual features, use that one to make herbeon. Possibly some leaves positioned like the spikes on Jolteon's back...and/or a flower at the end of the tail...or the tail is a leaf...or a leaf on the top of each paw...or something.

Anyway, I've got a new (and much closer to the final) map of Leafwater town, but I need some help perfecting it!

1-More realistic grass
    2-More professional looking wall
    3-More interesting and less plain roof
    4-More realistic water
    5-Rocks, you're not supposed to be able to take the river southwards

As for the 'sunken' looking building, it's that way on purpose, because I wanted what it looked like to be more of a surprise...but it's Pine's lab.

The shut tunnel entrance is shut also as a surprise. It's also closed at the beginning of the game, at the beginning it's 'still under construction'.

That area on top is the third suprise, so don't ask about it.

If anybody has any more suggestions for the map, please tell me.

I dont think that needs much Improving. The simpler design makes it feel more futuristic. The rooftops are plain, yet sleek. The houses look like they are pre-fabricated buildings that can be mass produced at a low cost, which again, is more futuristic.

The screens(in my opinion) are great, but they just need a tiny bit of work. And I mean reaaaaly tiny.

Another idea for houses is a white dome. Because of the dome's shape, it has a an extreme amount of strength against the elements, yet it is only made of concrete. Simpler, cheaper, futuristic. In fact a was reading in Popular Science about how the future of the common house may become a concrete dome in the future(getting off topic)

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
    Yeah...okay.

About Elitemap and Advancemap...Advancemap can be found ad pkpidgeot.com, just click 'entrar' and then 'Unl. Hack Rom'...it's got a list of tools.

For elitemap, just search "Elitemap"(with the quotes) in google, then click the link that says it's from 'The Helmeted Rodent' or something...

Also, I've got new stuff!

I thought about that 40% of free space, and came up with some maps...

On the original map, I was planning on having some small islands over towards the east, and one in the west. But I've decided to get rid of those and make them into new areas! Presenting:

Sunrise Islands-A series of eight large islands, where the morning sun gleams in the ocean waters.
    There are six cities and towns.
    There are also two islands (next to one another) completely inhabited by pokemon (not wild...ones that actually run things!)

Sunset Cove-Three mysterious islands surrounded by mystery...watch out for ghost pokemon!
    There's one town, on a smaller island, next to the main one.

In additon to those areas, I'm also thinking about (but haven't made maps for) an underwater area, with three underwater cities, and a deep space area.

Oh, and Chubraidermon, that's a great trainer. I'll put it in my list of trainer sprites...

Last edited:

Shadow-Ex

Team Dark ******
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2005
    Yes i did. Thanks
    I have some information on Pokemon Emerald and ideas in it which you might be intersted it:

Nintendo has officially announced Pokemon Emerald for GameBoy Advance, the third game in the Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire series. The feature Pokemon in Emerald is Rayquaza, and there are two new main characters in the game.

Pokemon Emerald will combine the story of Team Magma (Pokemon Ruby) and Team Aqua (Pokemon Sapphire) together in one game, and there will be additional story events and seven Battle Theme Parks, include Battle Dome and Battle Tube. The battle system is also enhanced, the Pokemon's action will be animated prior the battles.

Pokemon Emerald is scheduled for a September 16 release in Japan, for 4800 yen. A GBA Wireless Adapter will be bundled with the game.

I was thinking if you would probably want to use the 'Battle Tubes' idea.

Shadow-Ex

Team Dark ******
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2005
    Great sprites. I think you should start making some space ones too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back