• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 6, 2015
Just started playing this game today. Absolutely love it! Desbrina, you've done an amazing job!
I'm posting with a couple of bugs that I've found while playing through. Note, I'm only at Mt Moon right now, so it's not nearly an exhaustive list:
1. Play nice is not programmed as the appropriate move. It seems to be doing the job of Whirlwind, changing out Pokemon in battle.
2. The game seems to crash whenever I speak to either of the GTS girls in the Pokemon Center. May have to do with my internet connection, but maybe you can look for some incorrect coding?
3. The text speeds don't seem to do anything, nor do any of my efforts to speed up a conversation by holding the 'A' (but really C) button down.
4. The healing animation at the Pokemon Center seems to be counting incorrectly. At 1 owned Pokemon (the start) it counts 2. At 3 it counts 4. At 6, it seems to not count any.
5. Not a bug, but I'm wondering if you could allow users to remap their controls like emulators will.

Again, awesome job! My first ever game was yellow, so this is making my 24 year-old inner child cry with glee.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 12, 2015
I have the same bug as Sodcuatro with the GTS girls, but only at the Mt. Moon poke centre.

In addition, Pikachu has disappeared and now the game crashes whenever I try to use a poke centre. Something in the error window does in fact mention ("PIKACHU") in the coding.

And finally, the website still says version 0.19 and there was no updater.exe in my download files.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
It is actually version 0.20 on the site, i just forgot to update the version number in the game so thats why it still says 0.19

mark90
Nope, the file is encrypted so that you can't edit it

Sodcuatro
1. The moves are just whats programmed into pokemon essentials. I haven't done any move programming yet which means its wrong in pokemon essentials
2. If its only Mt. Moon crashing, and its has two girls instead of one then i forgot to change it over to the new GTS system.
3. I'll look into it
4. I'll look into it
5. If you press F1 in game it gives the options to remap controls

As for the pokemon center pikachu crash, i'm surprised its not been mentioned before 0.19 as the bug has always been there

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 24, 2014
any news for those of us without the updater.exe? want to get rid of this pokemon centre crash but don't want to start again!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
I have the same problem, I tried completely deleting the game and redownloading it from the web , but the problem with the pokecenters persists, even deleting the savefiles and starting again doesnt work... any solution?

PD: great work with the game btw.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 12, 2015
Thanks Desbrina. I've gotten used to the speed now so it feels fine now. Like the others have said, sadly trying to play the game without pokecenters is a bit too difficult :( I'll have to wait til that's patched, but I love the game so far and thanks so much for your work. I'll keep checking back to see when that's fixed.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 6, 2015
Yep, seems to be just Mt. Moon that has the GTS glitch. I suppose I jumped the gun, so to speak. Thanks for the response. :)

A couple of bugs that were mentioned before have appeared in my game as well. Pikachu's expressions won't update. She just stares at me, unimpressed. (WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME, PIKACHU?). As well, cut and flash seem to be checking for the wrong badges.

Side note, what is the save file called in the folder? I'd like to make a duplicate in case something happens.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
Sodcuatro

C:\Users\Javi\Juegos guardados

Since my windows is in Spanish, the folder is called "Juegos Guardados" in english it should be Game files or something like that.

Mark90

If you want to play the game faster, you can try Cheat Engine 6.4, its a tool designed to increase the speed of a proccess in your computer, its really easy tu use it.

1- Open the game
2- Open Cheat Engine 6.4
3- On the top-left corner click on File/open proccess and select the game proccess.
4- Mark "Enable Speedhack" and choose the speed you want, my computer can run 7xtimes the speed of the normal game, but you can try until you find your perfect speed.

To download Cheat Engine 6.4 just look for it in google, its easy to find it.

Sorry for my english!!

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
So I'm stuck in Vermillion because I can't cut the damn tree because my badges wont be recognized by the game..Bulbasuar was also gone since I took charmander
I'm playing version .2 so I don't know whats wong..HELP!!
I really don't want to start over :(

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 12, 2015
lack11:

That speed hack is AWESOME, thanks so much!

Desbrina/anyone else: The issue I have is still that Pikachu disappeared and now the game crashes whenever I try to heal my pokemon at any poke centre. I'm restarting the game and will try to pinpoint when it started happening. I don't know if I'm playing .2 or .19 as everything says .19 but I know Desbrina says it just hasn't been changed yet.

Also, I don't have any file called updater.exe.

//Edit//
Yep, whenver I lose *any* fight, Pikachu disappears and the game crashes upon healing at a poke centre. :'( The game is otherwise perfect! Any ideas on when there will be a fix? I'm desperate to play this game!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 6, 2015
Mark90:
I expect you're playing on 0.19 because I lost my first battle (with the rival in Pallet Town) and haven't run into this glitch anywhere. I'm sure I'm running 0.2 because I just started playing 2 days ago.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 12, 2015
Well I uninstalled and redownloaded the files and installed again, and the issue is still there. I was playing it again just making sure I didn't black out, but now I too am stuck at Vermillion because Cut is checking for the wrong badge.

I don't know how it is that some people have .2 and others have .19, but can anyone email me the files for 0.2? [email protected] thanks!

For Desbrina,
I also noticed that if you get Charmander first, Bulbasaur disappears.
You can dodge all of the trainers on Nugget Bridge, which although is user choice feels untrue to the original.

Then 1 last question - You said you can acquire all pokemon now without trading. So does that mean Machoke/Golem have a level that they naturally evolve at now? Also for Steelix and Slowking, will they evolve when reaching a certain level and holding the required item?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 6, 2015
Well, there's a trainer that wants to trade a Cubone for a Machoke. That means you can get a Machamp on trade. I assume there are people trying to trade a Graveler, Kadabra etc.

I'll send you my 0.2, but I think you would already have it if you just downloaded it again.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 12, 2015
Oh yeah I didn't think of those trader type NPCs. That makes sense.

As far as getting v0.20, I've downloaded from the site a couple of times now and it still gives me 0.19 with all the bugs :/ If you could email it I'd really appreciate it

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
As far as getting v0.20, I've downloaded from the site a couple of times now and it still gives me 0.19 with all the bugs :/ If you could email it I'd really appreciate it

I'm having the same problem. I downloaded originally after the first post was made about .2 being on the website, but I only have 0.19. I had to play through twice as I lost against brock and saved it which made pokemon centers crash whenever I used them.

Then I made it to the SS Anne and I couldn't use cut (requires different badge).

I deleted my save file and all game files but everytime I redownload from the website its still 0.19.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 2, 2014
Desbrina said "It is actually version 0.20 on the site, i just forgot to update the version number in the game so thats why it still says 0.19"

So I believe she is saying it is 0.2 even though the game and website says it is 0.19.

I have redownloaded the most recent version and it carried on from my save however the bugs appear to still be in the game (cannot use cut, badge required) and by the sound of it other bugs already mentioned are still not fixed.

I have also tried to change the controls with F1 (changed them all) and it made no difference so another bug?

Maybe just like this comment if you agree with this post so Desbrina doesn't keep having to read the same posts :)

Thank you Desbrina for all your hard work!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 12, 2015
I know you said to just like the post, and that is a good idea, I just wanted to personally add a HUGE thank you to Desbrina. Really, you've done wonderful work here. My constant posts are down to excitement :) I'll stop commenting and patiently wait for the HM/poke centre fix.

Thanks!!! :) :) :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
So is the issue happening with all the pokecenters or is it just mt. moons one?

The controls may be hard coded into essentials, im not sure. I know with ordinary rmxp games f1 changes the controls

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 2, 2014
So is the issue happening with all the pokecenters or is it just mt. moons one?

The controls may be hard coded into essentials, im not sure. I know with ordinary rmxp games f1 changes the controls

Oh well. I'm not too bothered about the controls as long as I can play it anyway :)

I don't have the pokemon centre bug since I haven't blacked out but by the sound of it it's at any centre.

Still cannot use cut though :/

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 12, 2015
Desbrina:
It's all Pokemon centers. And echoing the last comment, ilthats easy to work around.. The biggest issue is with HMs!

Back