• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Liquid

How d oyou think I'm progressing on this game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
    Well, it depends how you look at it.. you could have a variable that contains the number of the Pokémon that you want following and have a large IF case.. (by large.. well if your going to have 251 + 50 new.. well it would be a large IF case.)
    For example..
    <>Branch IF Var [0001:FollowPKNumber] is 1
    <>Move Event: NPC1, Change Graphic
    <>
    : Else Handler
    <>Branch IF Var [0001:FollowPKNumber] is 2
    <>Move Event: NPC1, Change Graphic
    <>
    : Else Handler
    <>
    : End
    <>
    : End
    <>
    Have something like that. It should reduce the amount of pages needed for a Pokémon to follow you. Well if that works it will only require one page for it.

As for the problem you are having.. I played up to that bit and talked to her. I walked out and I didn't encounter the problem you are having. I sometimes ran into this problem.. its most likely a chipset problem or it has something to do with test mode.. save it before you talk to her and play it in normal mode. Does it always happen?
    btw I just realized that cut does work on those plants in route 4.. Its been so long lol. I just got cut from sting and it worked lol.

Cya!;)!

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    Yeah, Icouldd that, but it's gonna take a long time either way. I didn't know sting gave you cut after you beat him. I mean, I didn't know you already put that in there. I looked through the event and oh well. I'm going tochange it and make it to where you get it from someone after you beat Sting. Traditionally, Gym leaders are supposed to give you TM's and people in the town who are generous give you the HM.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
    lol yeah. I didnt seem to follow the 'Traditional' style when making it. lol I was making it different. But yeah it seems like a great idea to change who you get the HM from. What about the old guy that's near the gym? well i leave that up to you.
    Cya!;)!

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Please don't put in custom pokemon, unless they are evo's or de-evo's of currently existing pokemon. I know you aint striving to make a traditional game, but fakemon usually look really poor, and greatly ruin the effect a fan-game has.

But keep up the good work, it's looking great so far.

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    [ray.z] said:
    Please don't put in custom pokemon, unless they are evo's or de-evo's of currently existing pokemon. I know you aint striving to make a traditional game, but fakemon usually look really poor, and greatly ruin the effect a fan-game has.

But keep up the good work, it's looking great so far.

Let me start off by saying I take my work seriously. I'm not going to mess up my game due to some sucky graphics. That would mean I waisted my time trying to perfect thiings. I chose 50 new pokemon so it wouldn't be too big of a task for some good spriters. If I do add them, they'll look professional and not like crap. Not trying to be rude, but I know what I'm getting myself into.

Shijuukara

i love my iPhone's
    Years
    Oook... wella anyways I recieved your PM and I'm ready to 3-D those maps that you need.

You can send the pics in a PM.

EDIT:
    Sorry if this has been said before but I'm not sure fi you know about some "glitches".

When you talk to the guy with the red hair in Dakara Town it like goes crazy by going to youir bag and takes you to the place you last saved.

Also you can't do anything in Dakara Town's PokeCenter.

The sign near the guard in Dakara Town, says Trainer Tips but then stops.

Sorry if this is a mistake of mine.

Last edited:

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    Angel Of Darkness said:
    Oook... wella anyways I recieved your PM and I'm ready to 3-D those maps that you need.

You can send the pics in a PM.

EDIT:
    Sorry if this has been said before but I'm not sure fi you know about some "glitches".

When you talk to the guy with the red hair in Dakara Town it like goes crazy by going to youir bag and takes you to the place you last saved.

Also you can't do anything in Dakara Town's PokeCenter.

The sign near the guard in Dakara Town, says Trainer Tips but then stops.

Sorry if this is a mistake of mine.

Okay, I didn't know about the red hair guy. I'll have to check in to that, 'cause it was probably RM2K3KID's test event for the bag menu. The other two aren't glitches, they're just incomplete. The pokemon center is on my list of things todo, and it's not done because i'm implementing the GBA pic's where it counts the number of pokemon you have and the machine flashes and stuff. As, for the trainer tips, I have to go through the whole game soon and look at all of the NPCs and sins for their text.

As for the 3d map, I don't understand what you want. RM2K3KID is suppoosed to pm me about how he was going to have the 3d map setup. I'm thinking about when the pointer points to the town, If you've been there, then it shows all of the buildings in a 3d view. If you haven't been there, it shows nothing. I don't know how to design the maps yet, but when I do or can find someone that could do it quick, I'll pm you.

Thanks,
    ~PokeCreator_09~

Shijuukara

i love my iPhone's
    Years
    I guess I confused both of us, I can make images look 3-D or ow you have them in your first post. I thought you already had pictures ready to make 3-D. I hope you understand what I mean.

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    Angel Of Darkness said:
    I guess I confused both of us, I can make images look 3-D or ow you have them in your first post. I thought you already had pictures ready to make 3-D. I hope you understand what I mean.

yah, I know what you mean, but can you send me an example of what you're talking about? I need to know what you can make look 3d or... I don't know how to word it.

Thanks,
    ~PokeCreator_09~

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
    whats with you asking everyone for their game?

@PokeCreator_09 - I tried my idea for the 3D map.. it looks kinda weird. I might leave it up to you guys to work it out. As always i'm willing to help with pretty much anything.

Well cya! ;)!

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    rm2k3kid said:
    whats with you asking everyone for their game?

@PokeCreator_09 - I tried my idea for the 3D map.. it looks kinda weird. I might leave it up to you guys to work it out. As always i'm willing to help with pretty much anything.

Well cya! ;)!

Who were you talking too?lol.

Thanks, and I hope we can get this thing working cause I doubt een D/P will have a 3d map system, and if it oes, I'll scream.

I'm thinking about in the game, when you battle psychics, you don't have to be right in front of you. So, if you're in a cave and there's a psychic trainer, certain tiles on that floor will 'caue the psychic to sense you. Just an idea, but I like it.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
    wtf??!! there was a dude asking for your game and to send it to him... he had been asking around for people's games.. where'd his post go?

Yeah thats a pretty good idea.. you walk on a tile and then the trainer will either run to you from off screen or teleport in front of you. lol I like the idea :D!

Keep it up!
    Cya! ;)!

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    Yah, I plan to do more stuff like that, because really the only people who do something that fits their character are bikers and fisherman.

My guess is, he saw your post and deleted his, or a mod did it.

I've got a couple of things I'm going to finish in the next couple of days, then I'll post some screenshots.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    hmmm... nice work but al of those screens are from rm2k3kids version of the game anyway so nothing new and you will need to use esai's version of the grass system and implement my sand system into it else you will need a nice fast pc to stop it from lagging!! 2.5ghz+!!! but keep the work up!

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    Jax-Oh1 said:
    I tried to upload both the runner and the game, but it doesn't have an icon. Will someone give me a list of what to download w/links?

What are you talking about?

And Tom555,
    I haven't messed with the maps much yet, I'veonly fixed glitches and added events, such as added to the CBS, menu systm, etc. And what do you mean by esai's grass system and your sand system?

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
    Uh it seems tom.. (tried to help out when I was making liquid) wants you to use his sand system.. its very very basic.. instead of fade they just disappear. But I like the fade ones lol they look better. With any game with loads of events things lag (in rm2k[3]).. you cant really avoid that unless you have a means of editing the coding of the exe and updating the code to meet your requirements.

Esai's grass system doesn't allow the full animation of the grass to take place. it almost drags a pic across the screen with you :/. Though it was a good achievement at the time.

Well enough if that. I best be going.
    Cya! ;)!

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
    Oh found a glitch, though its quite small..
    When you save, then you exit the save menu,
    the menu will show your marker on 'Save'
    but the game thinks its on 'option'
    Pokedex
    Pokemon
    Bag
    Trainer
    ->Save
    Options
    Exit

-if you click enter it will go to the options page even though the marker was on save
    -if you scrol down, you will automaticaly go to exit
    -if you scrol up, the picture will be the same, (but you will now be on save)

try it!

Kee it up!!!
    PS: I dont need the sand walking system, i was playing around with it, but i realized that other peoples footprints dont appaer (because it activats when you step on it!)

so im not gonna use it, but its a nice system!!

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
    Yeah sad that. But you can make a npc leave footprints, you just need to do a bit of extra stuff.

Yeah that minor glitch was there when I left the game. It has something to do with the menu event and cursor location, it must happen when you hit enter. As it goes to the other screen (for some reason enter changes the option to the next one) the option must move down one but the cursor cannot move in time.. :S but i'm not sure.... I can't really pin point the problem (as of yet.. need to look a lot harder lol). But I'm sure PokeCreator_09 can.

Cya! ;)!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back