• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon maleckite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
  • not if placed strategically.
    especially in that first one... you could add some grass/rocks on the left side

Dark_porygon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2014
    looks like a decent hack. But the mapping is not very good. if you want i would like to help you with it

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Well, you need to practice mapping a little more (we'll see how much it gets better with time), because it's important to fill maps with stuff to make them look "less empty" (flowers, a tree here and there, or other stuff your tileset could have), or you could make smaller maps, if you want. Also, I've seen you've been using the tree tiles incorrectly (you've been using the ones that make it look as if there were empty space between them when you connect them, there's a tile to avoid that)

And, even when you like the floor that is used for the "fishing plataforms", then you'll find yourself in a lot of problems because that tile doesn't convine with anything (and you even put some flowers... that... definitely doesn't look good), if there's a tile you like, then you'll have to make an effort to make it look nice in the mapping.

Anyway, I wish you luck on your hack.

Years
  • Well, you need to practice mapping a little more (we'll see how much it gets better with time), because it's important to fill maps with stuff to make them look "less empty" (flowers, a tree here and there, or other stuff your tileset could have), or you could make smaller maps, if you want. Also, I've seen you've been using the tree tiles incorrectly (you've been using the ones that make it look as if there were empty space between them when you connect them, there's a tile to avoid that)

And, even when you like the floor that is used for the "fishing plataforms", then you'll find yourself in a lot of problems because that tile doesn't convine with anything (and you even put some flowers... that... definitely doesn't look good), if there's a tile you like, then you'll have to make an effort to make it look nice in the mapping.

Anyway, I wish you luck on your hack.

I'm always ready to listen to advice since this is my first hack lol.Anyway zel you know scripting right?Can you help me out

Last edited:

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
  • The map aren't that much decent... get ideas and learn.
    I'm not trying to cause any Offence.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Your maps do look a little boring dude. Just try to add a little detail here and there. Other than that it looks good.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • kryptonite
    I suggest instead of immediately making another thread, practice mapping for a couple weeks. if you want, you can pm me your maps and I'll tell you what I think of them
    jumping from project to project never really works

Years
  • kryptonite
    I suggest instead of immediately making another thread, practice mapping for a couple weeks. if you want, you can pm me your maps and I'll tell you what I think of them
    jumping from project to project never really works

Dude its gonna be a remake (and an exact one)so each tree there is will be in the correct place like in the actual game.This time its not my "skills" cuz I'm makin a remake

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back