• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Metal (Update - Gen 6+more!)

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I'm in need of help, going crazy here.
    Currently I'm in Rolford City, looking to acquire my 4th badge, however, it seems that i need the Strength HM, in order to move boulders, no matter where I go.
    Feels like I've been across all towns, generally talking to everyone, hoping someone would give it to me. But I just cant find it.
    Can anyone tell me where to get it?
    Much appreciated.

dest

Boneash
    Years
  • you'll get Strength later, after you've completed the event after the gym

in order to find the leader go to the second cave enterance after entering the frost cave and from there just go until the other cave next to the ladder, he's in there at the end

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Oh wow. I was so sure I had fully explored the cave, to the point where I have to push the boulder into the hole to proceed.
    Thank you for the help! :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Alex,

I know you only made it for Windows, but is there any way I can get this to work (without using virtual box)? I tried wine bottler, but it's not coming out cleanly. Game looks great. I just wish I could play it. Is it possible to convert the game file to a rom for Desmume or VBA? A lot of people have Macs and will be looking to play, so there has to be a way. Just don't want to waste memory with a virtual box.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Also, I can get the editor.exe to open with Wine Bottler. It's just empty with menus and images of items, but it works for what it's supposed to be. When I open the game.exe, I get a black screen, then an error message. Anyone with a Mac get this to work? Alex, does the same problem happen for PC's? Sorry for both messages. It's basically the same question.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    Well, RPG Maker created games run only on PCs. Since this isn't a ROM hack, and it's not even similar to a ROM hack, there's no way to convert it to one, either. I'm really sorry to say, but it looks like the only way to play it on a Mac is with a virtual box.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    As I'm trying to turn in the quest, "Lovely Luvdisv", my game will crash with this error.

Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occured.

Script error within event 2, map 288 (Thrill City):
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: (eval):1in `pbExecuteScript'undefined method `species' for
    nil:NilClass
    ***Full script:
    $Trainer.pokemonParty[pbGet(1)].species==PBSpecies::LUVDISC
    Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:788:in `eval'
    Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:788:in `command_111'
    Interpreter:320:in ´execute_command'
    Interpreter:193:in ´update'
    Interpreter:106:in `loop'
    Interpreter:198:in `update'
    Scene_Map:103:in `update'
    Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

Can't post screenshot, as I haven't posted 15 messages yet. :'(

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    As I'm trying to turn in the quest, "Lovely Luvdisv", my game will crash with this error.
    Can't post screenshot, as I haven't posted 15 messages yet. :'(
    I just retested the quest, and everything works fine for me. Are you sure you have the latest version of the game? If this problem persists, send me your save file so I can see what's happening on your end. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    No worries! :)
    It does seem like i have the newest version, but I can't seem to find the location of my save file :D

EDIT: Nevermind, Its fixed.
    I tried switching the position of the Luvdisc before handing it in.
    I had it in the 6th slot, and thats where it crashed. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    i keep getting an error when i try installing the game

I'm really not sure why that is happening. You're not the first to report such a problem, but I've never been able to simulate the problem. Try downloading it again, run the file as administrator, maybe that'll help. I really hope you get it to work. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    can someone help me with duende city gym
    directions would be good
    Spoiler:

I think that's it. Good luck.

where can i find an onix in the game
    You can find Onix in the cave parts of Mt. Sax.

Back