• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Metalic Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    Pokemon Clear Silver

-• Hack of •-
    Emerald

-• Story •-
    Welcome to the region of Johto, one of the most adventurous regions in the Pokemon World!
    Choose between a girl or boy in this remake of Gold/Silver/Crystal. The same storyline
    with a twist, they're many new sidequests included the capture of Celebi, Mewtwo and
    Jirachi. Some new trainers and gym's, this is G/S/C in the old times.
    (Before the adventures of Red/Blue/Yellow :P)
    Spoiler:

-• New Features •-
    :: G/S/C Heros.
    :: All 386 Pokemon are catchable.
    :: New Sidequests.
    :: New Gyms/Trainers.
    :: Some places will have higher level trainers and Pokemon.
    :: Kanto will be included.
    :: There will be some stories or things that you MUST do before going on, Team Rocket at
    Mahogony will be removed, it will be the legend of Dratini, meaning Gyrados will be replaced
    with a Dragonair.
    :: Gary in Kanto will be replaced with PROF OAK.
    :: Many more secrets will unfold, when the first beta is released.

-• Map Pictures •-
    Map Currently Working On: Violet City.
    Screenshots:

-• Glitches •-
    :: At the start, for some reason the normal Emerald beginning is still there.
    (you get stuck in a tree)
    :: When taking the tour with the old man in Cherrygrove the game freezes.
    :: Some trainer names will stuff up and their Pokemon will change for some reason.
    :: MR. POKEMON gives you the egg, but it dissapears.
    :: Some text goes outside of the textbox. (this is being fixed as you type :P)

-• Process •-
    :: New bark town = almost complete.
    - Scripts are almost done.
    - Text is being finished.
    - Sprite for rival is being made.
    :: Route 1 = Halfway.
    - Building links to nowhere.
    - Connection is a bit stuffed.
    - Text is finished.
    - Berry tree is done.
    :: Cherrygrove City = almost complete.
    - Old man is being fixed up. (Resort to glitches for info)
    - Houses are being finished.
    - Rival scripts is being started.
    :: Route 2 = almost complete.
    - Houses need to be made.
    - Scripts are getting there.
    - People that block you from passing are being done.
    :: Route 3 = COMPLETE.
    - Scripts are done.
    - Battles are done.
    - Text is finished.
    - Cave is linked.

-• Credits •-
    :: Kyledove for the awsome tiles.

-• Beta v.01 •-
    Scheduled to release in December.

-• Banner •-
    Pokemon Metalic Silver

Image link is:
    https://img224.imageshack.us/img224/6447/clearsilverqy3.gif
    (numbers that appear as ... are 447)
    Pokemon Metalic Silver

[qoute]Image link is:
    https://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5434/userbarte2.png
    (numbers that appear as ... are 434)

Last edited:

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2020
    It looks great. You've included a way to the water which was left out in G/S/C! I look forward to seeing it devolope.

Years
    OMG - another G/S/C remake... I am bored with it. Cant just somebody make hack placed in JOHTO, but with completely new storyline?! - Maybe you ? G/S/C remake is not HOTY now :( But hack with new storyline, but in johto will be good!

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Looks really good! One thing though, the cave enterence tile looks cut off on the top. But that could just be me. Good luck!!

Saurav

~`;I am the Frozen Sun;`~
    Years
    Well so far its good "Brane" :) but it will be nice to see some screenshot while playing it "Brane". And Goodluck with your hack.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    looks good.
    and in response to mackoo it IS a new storlyine.
    it takes place BEFORE r/b/y and r/b/y take place 3 years before g/s
    thus this game should take place at least 4 years prior to where it usually takes place.
    I think it's a good idea.
    Will falkner's dad be the leader of the first gym now?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Mmm... The tiles are too rustic, but well, these are old days. At least, I suppose Goldenrod will be advanced. Good luck, Johto is extra-used for hacks, you will have to be very good to make this a special hack and not another G/S/C ehh...premake

Last edited:

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    I'm not a huge fan of those tiles, since they're used in a few hacks, but it fits because it's the "olden days". I do like the idea of Johto with a somewhat different storyline though. I'll be keeping an eye on this.
    OMG - another G/S/C remake... I am bored with it. Cant just somebody make hack placed in JOHTO, but with completely new storyline?! - Maybe you ? G/S/C remake is not HOTY now :( But hack with new storyline, but in johto will be good!
    Technically it is a different storyline.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    yeah you definitely want to make sure that there are LOTS of differences in the storyline to make it interesting.
    I can help you with plot if you'd like. PM me if you're interested.
    proof of work: I'm helping with the plot of Rocket's Revenge currently.

also, one last question...will ALL of kanto be in it? or just parts of kanto?

shadowboy166

Gues who's internet is working
    Years
    Yeh another hack with Johto in it!
    I play any hack with Johto in it as it was my favoroute region!!!
    The hack looks good so far!

♠εx

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    Thanks for the comments, I noticed the cave before and it's being fixed :).

KristophvomAugsburg

The Cultured Battler
    Years
    Wow, I really like this hack! I love the idea of an old fashion Johto. Those houses look more like mountain cabins, though, but I'm not complaining. Keep it up. :D

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I really like the PokeCenter tile, It just...fits! I also love the idea of an old world Johto, but good luck G/S/C remakes (or premakes) tend to have a bad reputation around here. Well, except Shiny Gold, of coarse.

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
    Years
    Another g/s remake? Well, now there's so many you must put some originality to it or it will be just like the others....

♠εx

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    looks good.
    and in response to mackoo it IS a new storlyine.
    it takes place BEFORE r/b/y and r/b/y take place 3 years before g/s
    thus this game should take place at least 4 years prior to where it usually takes place.
    I think it's a good idea.
    Will falkner's dad be the leader of the first gym now?
    Well i'm thinking of putting some older generations of the gym leaders, but I might be changing the types as well. Considering that the Bellsprout Tower is there, I've been thinking of putting a grass gym. But i'll consider your idea. :)

yeah you definitely want to make sure that there are LOTS of differences in the storyline to make it interesting.
    I can help you with plot if you'd like. PM me if you're interested.
    proof of work: I'm helping with the plot of Rocket's Revenge currently.

also, one last question...will ALL of kanto be in it? or just parts of kanto?
    1. I might ask you to help me, but so far i'd like the tricky scripts and stuff like that for me to do, i'm not very good at scripting so i'm willing to test myself ;).

2. Probably all of Kanto. Though some bits might be cut out. I might not have enough room for some of it. Mt. Silver will be there definetily. But i'm also thinking of putting that training place with the Lv 50's in Viridian City in. But don't get your hopes up, I haven't even finished the first bits of Johto.

Another g/s remake? Well, now there's so many you must put some originality to it or it will be just like the others....

Well i'm already changing some main points of the story, so expect some :).

----

Considering someone else has the name of Metalic Silver, if they're any Moderators around, could you please change the name to Pokemon Clear Silver, Thanks.

----

In-Game Screenshots coming soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back