• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Metallic Silver

What do you think of this game?

• Great

Votes: 119 59.5%
  • Good

Votes: 49 24.5%
  • Ok

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2008
    I seen you were recruiting help for this project I have experience in spriting, storyboarding, creative design and a little coding. If you think you could use me for anything send me an Email at [email protected] or post a message.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2011
    Hi. I have to say, this looks like a wonderful game. I wanted to download the demo for this game, but it says a rgss102e.dll file is missing. I download the file then it says rgss-rtp standard not found. I want to play this game badly, but I don't know how to start it. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2008
    cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flameguru

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Hi. I have to say, this looks like a wonderful game. I wanted to download the demo for this game, but it says a rgss102e.dll file is missing. I download the file then it says rgss-rtp standard not found. I want to play this game badly, but I don't know how to start it. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Temporary Fix: Download RMXP Trial.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Does Silver's pokemon really has to be an Aron? You know Aron's going to be hard to beat it's type is Rock/Steel so normal attacks won't do much damage. I suggest to stick to G/S/C type if you chose Totodile, Silver choses Chickorita,etc.

Flameguru

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I have changed it to Eevee after the video was made. (I couldn't even beat the damn thing).

Flameguru

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Anyone having problems beating Aron or getting passed Violet City should download this new version of Metallic Silver:

Download

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • ok thanx and one more question do you get four gym badeges of johto like up to eurateak and then the other 4 in the orange islands or do you get all the johtos and none of the orange island badges?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • ok thanx and one more question do you get four gym badeges of johto like up to eurateak and then the other 4 in the orange islands or do you get all the johtos and none of the orange island badges?

Ok thnx one more question the badges do youget all of them in johto and orange islands or half johto and ornge islands?

Last edited:

Flameguru

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    ok thanx and one more question do you get four gym badeges of johto like up to eurateak and then the other 4 in the orange islands or do you get all the johtos and none of the orange island badges?

Ok thnx one more question the badges do youget all of them in johto and orange islands or half johto and ornge islands?

You will get 4 Johto Gym Badges in the beginning, followed by 4 Badges in the Orange Islands...then you will come back to Johto (When you choose, you just need to have the 4 badges in the Orange Islands) and finish the off the Gyms. The rest of the Gyms will be harder than the typical ones in Johto, so expect some new things.

Oh, and you double posted ;)

EDIT: Lol, We posted exactly 12 Hours apart...

Darkbandit16

Elite Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Only Meaning to Help....

I have been keeping up with this game for a long time now. But I have not created an account here until a few days ago. I have extreme respect for those that made this game. Because I know how much effort and patience is needed to make something like this.

I don't want to seem like a jerk or a nit-picker. But, I found a few bugs. (The game told me to tell anyone here) So I will.

1. When Hero walks down stairs, the stairs near the bottom overlap his head.
    2. Professor Elm (I think is his name) He says something about:
    -------------- ..."you must goto Valencia Islands." (typo in sentence)
    -------------- ..."in a Jiffy." (Why is jiffy capitalized?)
    3. Cutscene with Zach' friend:
    -------------- Ladder overlaps sprite's head as it leaves.
    4. Possibility to add 5 POKeBALLS without singular efforts?
    -------------- (something like this...):
    Script:
    $PokemonBag.pbStoreItem(
    PBItems::pOKeBALL, 5 <---Capitalize the "p", it made a emoticon.
    )

5.~Temporaraly Closed~ ----Should be spelled--- ~Temporarily Closed~
    6. Pokemon Center stair access ramp, overlaps Hero's head.
    7. You can pass Elm's assistant by going to the right side of the path.
    --Solution: Copy and paste the Blocking Event to boh sides of path.
    8. (Any reason why the grass is not animated when Hero walks on it?)
    9. Will status effect signs be added to the battles? (ex. psn/brn/par/slp)
    10. Sound for gaining exp/Leveling up?
    11. When you receive something:
    Hero received the GS Ball. (next text) Hero found one GS Ball. (Doubled?)
    12. Professor Ivy: "In the Orange Islands there is a legue we call the Orange Legue.
    -------------Legue should be League.
    13. Cut can be used without adding it to a Pokemon for the LIGHTHOUSE KEY, but cannot be used the same way to the entrance of the cave?
    14. For "buying the Wii." The thank you words are together. ex. Thankyou
    15. Her son turns directly to the Hero to start saying he wants a Wii. Yet, he says he did not see him.
    16. Animation for throwing a pokeball/catching pokemon noise? (Just was wondering)
    17. Northeast part of Valencia Island, near the three rock smashes, the water animation is portrayed on the sand. In both corners.
    18. Cannot enter the right entrance of cave. (Maybe it is on purpose)
    19. Possible to lengthen the wild battle song? In the middle of battle, the loud ringing "start battle" sound scared the crap outta me. (My speakers were on high, lol.)
    20. 5 steps south, and two steps left of the "cut-entrance" to the cave. I can walk on the "connector" rock.
    21. Valencia Island pokecenter: Normally, the white tab on the counter, is below Joy. Not 3 steps to the left of her. (Could have been intentional though)
    22. Take 3 steps south of the "Hm01 Cut" house's window. The connector rock can also be walked on.
    23. The first step of the stairs in the Lighthouse, are over the head of the Hero.
    24. The cryer say's, "*sniff sniff* Beta text..." (Just wondring what that means.)
    25. Inside the Hero's bag, Tms and HMs pocket, HM01: Cut Cut x1
    --------------(Cut is repeated.)
    26. Radio: Can it have a stop button? I don't want to hear Oak's song, over and over, when I'm exploring, lol.
    27. NIDORANfE----fE, supposed to be just f right?
    28. PokeDex entry for NIDORANfE, says POKMON in the description. Should it be POKeMon?
    29. So far, all my pokemon are Female. Maybe it's just a coincodence.
    30. Inside the POKeMON Center, instead of walking on the red mat to leave, move to the left or right (of the mat) and then down, you can walk in the black zone.

--------I am only 35 minutes into the game. And I am having an extreme amount of fun. Thank you for making this game. I have never played such a well-made fan game before.

--------I also would like to say that I was only doing this to make the game more professional looking. Not to show the flaws of it.

Hopefully, you can request me to find more of these glitches. I would enjoy working for you.

You can delete this post, if it seems rude in any way.

Last edited:

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    I, I've just downloaded the game, and I need some help, I play the game... but when Prof. Oak finishes talking, it suddenly comes up with this error message

Exception: Win32::Registry::Error
    RTP and Registry:201:in `open'
    RTP and Registry:467:in `rtpGetPath'
    RTP and Registry:481:in `audio_exist?'
    Game_Map*:152:in `autoplay'
    Scene_Map:235:in `transfer_player'
    Scene_Map:105:in `update'
    Scene_Map:96:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:109:in `update'
    Scene_Map:65:in `main'
    Scene_Map:62:in `loop'

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • I, I've just downloaded the game, and I need some help, I play the game... but when Prof. Oak finishes talking, it suddenly comes up with this error message

You probably edited the game and where the hero warps after the introduction sequence has finished. Or you might have just downloaded the game incorrectly or something.

I haven't heard much of this game for a while.
    Keep up the good work, though.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    You probably edited the game and where the hero warps after the introduction sequence has finished. Or you might have just downloaded the game incorrectly or something.

I haven't heard much of this game for a while.
    Keep up the good work, though.
    Erm... I'm unlucky. I download it from the first post in this thread, it closes the instant I open it, I download it from the guy's signature, I get that error message. And I've installed and uninstalled it lots of times, now. It doesn't change a thing...

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2009
    Re : Pokemon Metallic Silver

Yo, great game but how do you make a pokemon game because i am new here and i dont no anything yet
    I download RGSS player but it was just some stupid readme stuff and I really want to make a game like this

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back