• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mirage

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2017
    So.. I don't really have a name for my hack yet, Pokemon Mirage is the working title.

The plot takes place in a kind of fictional realm that resembles and incorporates many real world type places and cultures.

You begin in a town situated between an estuary and a forest. Your mom shows you into the house, etc, but that's about the extent of similarity between this and the original game, the rival is scrapped, instead there are many reoccurring characters you battle instead, and after the introduction, the plot takes an immediate twist; upon entering the first route you encounter The Magician who informs you about the woods you are about to enter and how tricky they are. He doesn't really tell you much more about himself or why he's here until later on.

The twisted woods are a kind of schizophrenic maze. It's not too difficult, but it's relatively difficult considering it's the first section of the game, and you're already presented with a problem-solving memory game. Plus, there's no music and there's a thunderstorm, to give you an idea of the atmosphere I'm going for there. Somewhere in the woods there's a treehouse / abandoned shack where a girl named Imogen tells you about a nightmare she had about a boy. (Keep this in mind).

The first town is Sleepywood Village, it's kind of a hybrid cross between the Mexican 'Dia De Muertos' festival and Feudal Era Japan. The gym leader is Teresa, she's at the back of one of the Feudal houses. She settled in the town after searching for somewhere to belong throughout the region and took comfort in the doom and gloominess. Her pokemon are Mantine, Jirachi* and Porygon.

*I want to make a specific note about my use of legendaries later.

The second town is the Mirage Forest, headed by Edie. The mirage forest is a side section of the route that branches off from Sleepywood Village. It's a woods, but not like the twisted woods, it's much more clear to navigate through, but it is the mirage woods, so there are trainers who wear disguises pretending to be the gym leader, and the woods themselves have illusion trees that you can walk through.

The third town is a beach, the fourth town is a lost Aztec village situated between two mountains.

The fifth town is a chapel in an underpopulated rustic autumn forest area, the leader is The Magician who tells you about the danger. There are gangs who are interested in harnessing the power of the Dream Crystal. Or something like that. Anyway, he tells you of a scientist named Nick who's slightly mad, and about the dream realm (a post game area), and about legendary pokemon*.

The sixth town are the dark woods, a kind of evolved version of the twisted woods. There is really no clear way of navigating through it, some portals lead into themselves, and there are drifters and rogues that occupy the area. It's kind of based off Japan's Aokigahara. The leader is Cameron, a kind of damaged and traumatized guy who has a Houndoom, Kangashkan and Pupitar.

Once you make it out to the seventh town, you find it abandoned and in ruins. Gangs, legendary pokemon went wild some time in the past leaving it that way. Nick left his hometown (in the postgame) to temporarily settle there, as a Jirachi has settled in his and turned one guy into an Ursaring.

Then you go through the Frozen Woods, somewhere in the woods is an entrance to Gunston Mine (where the Oracle and a Milotic are), and the northern temple (an area that you can only access post-game).

So basically there's a post game area, it's a castle, and it's in the past, you travel there by time machine, and you meet Nick as his younger self, he was captured by the Count of Monte Cristo and the Dowager who placed some curses on him. Basically you save him, and in the future he's well adjusted, etc etc. He's the boy in Imogen's flashback sequence dream.

There's another post game accessed through diving through a special lake, you end up in the dream realm, but you need the dream crystal in order to gain entrance. You climb up the tree of life to battle Rayquaza, etc

I have a few other ideas, but the gist of it. Just wanted to share and see if it's a total flop or if people might be interested.

Oh, also, legendary pokemon in the wild possess the power to alter the nature of reality, basically transforming people and buildings, etc. In my game there is no "one" jirachi, "one" latios, etc, there are multiple ones, only one of each that can be accessed by the player, but occasionally you'll encounter a trainer, sparingly encounter a trainer, that owns one. Just to add a little more magic and break away from the conventional.

Yeah c:

Back