• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Pokemon Money Bank...hear me out.....

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    In heartgold you dearest mother gives the player the option of holding some of your money, thats pretty dope, especially when every time you aquire it , some of it goes to her. im new at this this i cant script correctly(somethings always going wrong). but isnt there a way to write a script that would let this be. Help Me out here.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    Bump? What does that mean. Ok. And in crystaldust all the mother does in that one is ask you whether or not its daylight savings.

Years
  • Bump? What does that mean. Ok. And in crystaldust all the mother does in that one is ask you whether or not its daylight savings.

Machomuu ment you dont need to make a 2nd post after only 13 minutes of the original post, since this is a forum, and a reply can go from a minute to a day
    As for the idea, I dont really have a say, because I dont entirely understand the concept

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Machomuu ment you dont need to make a 2nd post after only 13 minutes of the original post, since this is a forum, and a reply can go from a minute to a day
    As for the idea, I dont really have a say, because I dont entirely understand the concept
    He just wants to know if it's possible to remake the bank script from Gold/Silver/Crystal. The one where your mom would save your money.

Years
  • He just wants to know if it's possible to remake the bank script from Gold/Silver/Crystal. The one where your mom would save your money.

I understood that part, I simply dont really know what that is, and I dont feel like putting my mind into it.
    Procastination Power! Not acctivate, I'm too busy procrastinating to do that :P

Years
  • I don't know about automatically doing it after every battle (it seems tedious but possible), but actually making a bank is easy. You'd simply make your mom ask if you want to take money, have a list of predetermined amounts, and use the paymoney command. Store the amount as a variable, which you can add or subtract to, and then when you come back you can take back some amount.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • It could actually be done. Just use the paymoney command and a multichoice option after every battle. I think you may need to activate this part of the script after battle, sense I doubt that making multichoice options while still in the battle, isn't possible without ASM, and I'm no good at it :( But you have the right idea. It'll be tedious, so I'd type it somewhere, so you can copy-paste it maybe.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    Wow, I haven't been to this since 2014, mmm, howwever, these ideas are solid. Thank you all!

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2016
    I've been trying to figure out how to run scripts at the end of battle (see my other thread here in the help-me-hack section) but once I figure that out, a bank-type feature would be pretty easy.

There's only two things you need to design:

1) your mother/banker NPC. When you talk to them, they ask if you want to withdraw or store money. Then just use the pay money command as someone mentioned above and store that value.
    2) end of battle script to send over a certain percentage of money automatically to your banker

If you're hacking fire red, I can help you with the first step. It'd be good practice for me. The second step however im still trying to figure out how to run end-of-battle scripts. It seems like I need to learn how to compile and insert ASM routines but it's a steep learning curve.

Back