• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Moonshine

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
MainBanner-6.png

This is my hack, Pokemon Moonshine.
Well, I've watched the threads for a long time so I know what's possible and what isn't.
Anyway, let's get started.

HackInfo.png

Hack OF: Fire Red (BPRE)
Language: English

Awards.png

Spoiler:

Story.png

Warning! Cliche!

You are a kid like any other in Rolok. Except for one thing. You are the child of Hitachu, the legendary martial arts master who disappeared a few years ago, around the time that a strange group of fighters appeared.

You want to become a Pokemon Trainer so you take a Pokemon from the Professor, April, to begin your journey. You want to find your father and become a trainer as great as him. You want to get the 8 badges from the gyms across Rolok to enter the prestigious Rolok League and, hopefully, win.

Oh, btw, that was "hopefully". The path to the championship will be a hell of a lot harder and, this time, training level 100's will do nothing in the Tournament. I'll find a way to make their Pokemon the same level as your strongest. :\

Features.png

New Scenery and mapping
With brand new maps, Pokemon Moonshine will bring the landscape of Rolok to life.

New Fun Events
With a lot of new scripts, Moonshine can bring the people and places to life as well.

Other things?
You can complete the whole National Pokedex by trading Kanto and Hoenn legendaries to Rolok. Everything else you can catch in Rolok or on that island.
Some movesets may be different

FactFiles.png

Important things
Well, here's a list of the Fact File posts I've made:

The Pokemon Realm
The Enigmatic Fighters

MediaCenter.png

Screenies! Everyone likes a spoiler, right?
Spoiler:

Videos, my scripts in action!
Yeah, I need to fix this up. I'm going to insert a brand new one once the scripts get fixed up.

Banners!
51214468660kx9.png

Home-made banner
Code:
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/4008/51214468660kx9.png
moonshinebannerrf3.png

Credits to boychanh_lanchanh, one of the best banner makers I know! Credits to THM10 for fixing the white background.
Code:
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/6843/moonshinebannerrf3.png
Moonshine.gif

Awesome animated banner by dratii
Code:
http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp6/dratii/Moonshine.gif
Moonshine2.gif

Another animated one by dratii
Code:
http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp6/dratii/Moonshine2.gif

BugsandGlitches.png

No-one's perfect!

Tonnes. Or, well, maybe nothing. :\

TrivialThings.png

What you might not know

- Eevee evolves into Espeon and Umbreon with Sun and Moon Stones respectively
- Maxie (Team Magma Leader) will be in there. But doing what?
- Some gym challenges will have cheap ways around them. Such as the third gym.

Downloads.png

The most important part!
Nothing, right now.

Credits.png

I'd like to thank...
LU-HO for AdvanceMap.
HackMew for XSE and OW Editor RE. He also helped me fix up XSE. Three cheers for Hackmew!
The Helmeted Rodent for UnLz.gba and RS Ball.
thethethethe for his scripting tutorial.
Neti for his Advance Map tutorial.
Cooley for his Move Camera Script Tutorial (with extras)
Fangking Omega for awesome tiles.
Thrace for help everywhere. :)
Lanxal for the sweet banners.
The supporters for keeping this alive. Both the thread and the hack. xD

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Awww... I can't believe that little house would suit Prof. Oak... But, yet he chose it so that must mean he's confident with it :P

Years
You should make it more like something Prof. Oak would live in. This isn't the best hack I've seen... but Pokemon Moonshine? lmao. I love it, its original... Will there be alcohol in this game?

GiantGroudon

I doubled myself now
Years
hhmmm, looks nice. wanna play it.
Spoiler:
(gives support)
If you need help, just PM me.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
You should make it more like something Prof. Oak would live in. This isn't the best hack I've seen... but Pokemon Moonshine? lmao. I love it, its original... Will there be alcohol in this game?

Uh...yeah...I should make it more bigger (xD) and...Oak-ish...xD
What does Moonshine have to do with alcohol?
But...I might have some sorta bar that holds an event...hmmmm...
Nice hack, I really hope you create some tiles for this hack. Anyway I hope to see some more screenshots soon, good luck! :)
Thanks for the reply :)
More screens will be up sometime.
hhmmm, looks nice. wanna play it. Content hidden:
Click here to view.
btw, can you give me the stairway tiles? I really need them.

(gives support)

Well...sure, go ahead and use them...
I'll tell yu how to edit the pallete properly in a sec, got school now :(

Years
hey nice hack man i like them steps where did you get them iv been trying to get them steps for ages can you tell me where you got them anyway good luck on this awsome hack

DiggorysGremlin

Screw Pokemon. Facepunch ftw.
Years
Hey DL. I've been meaning to check out your hack for a while, never found enough time though. It looks awesome though! I like the storyline too. By the way, moonshine is a type of really strong alcohol I believe.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Okies!
Guys, I'm back, but a little trouble.
My ROM crashed (Now I know to make backups...) so I have to restart.
Dun worry, though! It's getting back on track pretty fast.

As confirmation, the name has nothing to do with alcohol whatsoever.

PS. Stop asking me about those stairs!

EDIT:
I made a banner!
How awesome!
It's on the main page!

NatureKeeper

PKMM Moon Shine? I like the moon, as it has a bond for rain... Moonlight raises more HP in Rain Dance... And I like WATER-Types
But u know that i prefer Espeon as my favorite Eevee evolution.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Hey dark lakitu! Just giving a bump in case you need it. I really love your mapping in this. Its quite similar to mine (at least the routes are). I'd like to see some more screenshots and maybe some videos on some scripts.

I assume Eevee is the starter? If so can it evolve into its other types? Or is it just Umbreon and Espeon? Well good luck, hopefully you have some updates for us soon!

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Whoo!
Thanks for the bump dshayabusa!
*Me*, you've said that to every hack in the scrapbox...xD

Well, if I make Eevee the starter, it's EXTREMELY cliched and badly overused (I don't CARE if i haven't seen it used!)

But...yes, it will be able to evolve into it's other evolutions with the normal stones.

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
Well good luck, I would recommend you change the tiles.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
New Feature!

Feature Fact File - The Pokemon-only Realm

You can go to the Pokemon Realm!
This can be done via a strange nerdy-looking guy in the Spire (a place that you won't be able to go to until maybe beta 3).

There are only Pokemon in this realm and doing quests there can unlock things in the human world. (not telling what)

The area and world are much like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon but...some Pokemon I may not be able to include for my lack of spriting ability :(.

Well, I have some screenshots for you to wonder over!

pokemonfirered01xh9.png
pokemonfirered02wy7.png

There will be a store as well as a healer (that Chansey...I won't reveal too much about it...).

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Hmmm sounds pretty interesting...
Does this mean you are turned into a Pokemon as well?

Will the Pokemon only realm trainer battles as well? Will you change the tiles of the houses? It seems a little strange to me that Pokemon would be living in houses like those.

Anyway, you're mapping is sooo nice! Probably cos its the kinda of mapping that I do as well. But aren't you missing part of the house? Shouldn't there be one last row of tiles at the back?

A store huh? I assume you can only buy berries and such there?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Well, question answer time...
1. No. It doesn't. That's why the pidgey/spearow baby says "He's going to use a Pokey-ball on me!"
Well, the nerd isn't smart enough to do that and neither am I...

2. Eh? The grammar in that first part seems a bit weird but...no...Just wild Pokemon that will be at the lvl of trainers that would be there. :) I may have Pokemon come up and challenge you...but no trainers.

2.5. Well, I probably will change them to be more Pokemon-esque but...they'll probably look crap. My computer drawing skills are terrible... Well, the houses in PMD look...Pokemon-esque...xD

Scratch what i just said.
Pokemon are only limited in the Pokemon and human world by humans disrupting them! Seriously, in almost everything I see, Human > Pokemon this, Pokemon < Human that. I'm sick of it.
It's not like humans are better. Most Pokemon are stronger than humans and most Psychic types are smarter, too. Alakazam has over 4000% more IQ than an average human!
Without humans disrupting them, Pokemon would flourish wonderfully and probably evolve to be better, just as we evolved from cavemen. They can probably do just what we can do, maybe better.
Pokemon in normal games are just like monkeys and stuff in ours. Primitive.
Pokemon in the realm are just like us. Evolved and sophisticated.

Ahem. Now, that ends my very heated discussion.

3. Argh!
I didn't see those tiles because they were so far apart...Bleh.

4. Huh? Berries? ARGH! Berries! I forgot! TOTALLY! :) Thanks for the idea though...xD

Well, I'm working on a level script and it's got a million bugs and glitches. I'll attempt to fix that up and get a video up soon :)

Last edited:
Back