• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Moortus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2014
    Pokemon Moortus

In a remote mountain pass lies the operating headquarters of the Moortus Cult. You are born into this cult. You grow up learning that ghost Pokemon are a result of spiritualism; spirits have the ability to cross from the spirit world and communicate with the living. In the case of ghost Pokemon, they have been sent from the spirit world by a powerful supernatural figure named «The Shade» to permanently reside in your world. Needless to say, the cult worships "The Shade" as a god, much despised by the general public.

Being a touchy area in a world where the church remains an institutions attached to the state, your cult is the victim of a lot of hegemony and propaganda from the elite of society. The mass media do what they can to present the cult in a bad light.
    Spoiler:

However, open-minded people remain across the region, perhaps especially in the little non-industrial "Cor Town." Being geographically the closest settlement to the cult's home, cult-members often trade/travel to Cor. As a result, its inhabitants have become used to the Moorti belief and practices.

As for yourself, the hero:

Upon reaching a specific age (which we have chosen, atleast for now, to leave undefined) cultmembers are assigned to a squad executing specific tasks for the cult's colleve aims.After recieving a Pokemon and stumbling upon a delivery for your cult's leader (Sounds familiar eyh? I do promise this will be the only familiar thing.) you are sent to squad enrollment. After being assigned to a squad, you contact your squad leader in order to be assigned missions. These missions will take you around the region, and more importantly, get you involved in government affairs. As the story progresses, the importance of these encounters will seem more and more significant, as well as frequent.

Who's making this hack?
    As for now, before a team is assembled to contribute to the hack, it is only me and my good ol' mate Conkah.

When will there be a beta? When will it be complete? What is life all about?
    No clue. My exams are over by the 28th, significant progress will be made, and with haste, post-exams.

Features:

• National Pokedex from the start. (Because in what world does informative technology define nature rather than the other way around.)

• Brand new storyline, no GYM's. However, you may be introduced to a competition or two lategame.

• No trade-evolutions. All Pokemon will evolve by level (and other methods). Bottom line is, you will not be restricted by offline gaming.
    • New region, unnamed as for now.
    • New story, obviously. Does not have any connection to any timeline or the original games.
    • New characters. (Most of these points go without saying huh?)
    • Distinct town styles. We are trying to make each town as original and different as possible, hoping to achieve a sense of adventure upon eaching a new area of the game.
    • No Fakemon, but a selection of Pokemon from generations not represented in Fire Red will be added.
    • Sidequests. Tons of them. We encourage conversations across the region resulting in e.g. rewards. I dare to argue it's a feature more and more lost to contemporary gaming.
    • New music. We've all heard the old tunes too many times. Although jewels like Rocket Hideout, Lavender Town and Viridian Forest will still remain in the game, much of the game will recieve brand new original soundtracks which we will forge ourselves.
    • More features are to be added. This hack is in its early stages and more remains of its planning.

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

New and more varying screenshots will shortly be added. Sprites have yet to be inserted as well, the hero seen is NOT going to be in the final version.

Videos:

Credits
    :
    Spoiler:

Tools:
    Spoiler:

Want to add your touch to the hack?
    A team will be assembled in the Team Room when we feel like the general idea and mood of the hack has been set, until then, if you like any of these aspects of ROM hacking and wish to contribute to this project, send me a private message:

Spriters ! Lookie here - I desperately need OW sprites for a shiny Cacnea, moving frames included, for the hack, if you know of any, or have the skill to make one, please do send me a PM.

Banner – If you're an artsy soul and want to make a banner for this hack, please do send me a PM

Someone to make and insert a custom titlescreen - A high quality titlescreen is much longed after, an aspect of ROM hacking we have yet to explore that much. I mean, inserting new Pokemon in a titlescreen is no problem, but it doesn't make it purdy. Text, background, and creativity is wanted.

DNS implementatorificator... DNS inserter – An attempt has been made to add this feature to the hack, however, it is not functioning properly. If you wish to be praised in the credits for fixing a DNS system for this hack, please do send me a PM

Insertion of a selective number of Pokemon - You know the drill, PM.

Anything you'd like to see in this game? Anything that should change?
    Feedback is very much wanted and appriciated. This is the first time either of the hacks creators attempt to do anything like this, so beginner mistakes will be made. But with this community's help, perhaps this can turn out great.
    The hack is not yet drowned in features, so suggestions of what you would like to see in the game would be great.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2014
    First comment! Woohoo! But seriously, this Hack has potential! Good luck!
    Haha cheers mate. As a reward (atleast I hope it will be, depends on the quality of the hack :)) I will hit you up as a beta tester.

Ayyy this looks promising, hopefully its not abandoned one day, let me know if you need anything, would be glad to help

Summer is getting close, so I will have gratoious amounts of time to work on this, even when pulling off a season job. I will definately keep you in mind when I come to the stage where I need to call in additional workforce. I was about to comment on your own progressive hack thread, but you seem to have requested it being closed, putting it on a break?

I really like your idea of the moral system.

Years
  • Haha cheers mate. As a reward (atleast I hope it will be, depends on the quality of the hack :)) I will hit you up as a beta tester.

Summer is getting close, so I will have gratoious amounts of time to work on this, even when pulling off a season job. I will definately keep you in mind when I come to the stage where I need to call in additional workforce. I was about to comment on your own progressive hack thread, but you seem to have requested it being closed, putting it on a break?

I really like your idea of the moral system.

Well im currently in London visiting people and left my laptop with the data at home XD So I cant work on it for 2 months, so thought I might as well re open it when I get back. I did start a new project tho with the files I do have. Anyways yea, just let me know when you need anything.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Hmm.. Nice tiles.
    What will happen after examining the well?
    206ezrb.png

Anyways, l'll look more on your updates. Good luck! ^^

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2014
    Hmm.. Nice tiles.
    What will happen after examining the well?
    206ezrb.png

Anyways, l'll look more on your updates. Good luck! ^^

I put high focus on sidequests, this well is part of a ''find and fetch'' one. Which I just remembered due to your post that I should put in the description of the hack, thank you for that. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2014
    Gyarados statue is really well done, is it made by you or you found it somewhere?

You will...
    •_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)
    find water.

Found it on one of the oh so legendary WesleyFG's tilesets, prettiest statue tile's I've seen so far. Been meaning to mirror it on the other side though.

Kenna18155

Kenna18155
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Dec 1, 2020
    I will definitely beta test your hack if you'd like. I can't wait for it to be out! Looks very cool.

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
    Years
  • Cool hack. Lovin' it except this,
    2u9o8qv.png

The OW's pallete is pretty messed up. D: you might want to fix that. The dark red outline on his hat don't suit it. You might want to recolor it, or change the whole.

But nonetheless, your hack looks cool. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2014
    I will definitely beta test your hack if you'd like. I can't wait for it to be out! Looks very cool.
    I will let you know when the beta is ready. {XD}
    Hopefully, after my exams are over, significant progress will be made, so the hack will have a good amount of content early/mid June.

Woah this Hack looks amazing!!! Lovin the tiles & storyline. BTW are there going to be parts in this hack where we can choose to be good or evil? Anyways if you need a beta tester pm me.
    I will note you down as a future beta tester!
    There will definately be some moments yes. As you go trough much of the hack meeting people who percieve you as evil, as well as people percieving you as good, a lot of focus will be on morality and what we percieve as deviant. This will eventually lead to a couple of different events where your choice will help define that blurred line. We're hoping to move away from the clear good/evil line in Pokemon games.

Cool hack. Lovin' it except this,
    2u9o8qv.png

The OW's pallete is pretty messed up. D: you might want to fix that. The dark red outline on his hat don't suit it. You might want to recolor it, or change the whole.

But nonetheless, your hack looks cool. ^_^

A new sprite is already in the works. The one seen in screenshots will have nothing to do with the final version, or even the first beta. :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back