• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Musical

Bay

Years
    Already said before how I didn't like the dance thing from D/P/Pt and now now liking the musical now because of two Fox shows I'm not a fan of. XD However, I guess I'll try it and see if I like it. It could be quite fun if I give it a chance.

I like the idea. Especially the dress-up part of the whole musical. It's a lot better than the pebbles, fluff pieces, and stumps that were used for previous contests in D/P/Pt. This way of dressing-up actually makes the Pokemon look good instead of a mess of junk.

I'm more interested in seeing what else there is to the musical than just dancing. Will the player come up with dance moves/musical notes, or have to follow what the game gives them? And will there be actual Pokemon operas?

This topic makes me think of the short-lived Pokemon Live! musical.
    Oh gawds, that musical. Haven't seen it, though I heard the plot of it and was able to listen to most of the songs online a while back. But yeah, if the end result of the musical is like this song:

I wouldn't mind. :P *hears fangirls scream*

Anyways...I might have to look at the trailer video again, but it looks like you'll be doing the notes, which kind makes more since then doing the dance moves. That way, you learn how to do a decent song by choosing the notes.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    As a musician, I'm particularly insterested in this feature. Why can't they include this and the Pokeathlon though? I don't see why they should take it out just because this feature is being added.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    apparently, Black and White is using a minigame called Pokemon Musical as an alternative to contests and Pokeathalon. How do you think this will play out? Will the microphone be utilized? What would you like to see happen with this feature.

Just a note, New York has Broadway. Pokemon Musical? This, to me, looks like a good one up for the NYC - Isshu theory. Just sayin'.

I wasnt excited for it until I saw Chillarmy with an Afro.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    When I saw it I thought it was just contests, because of dress-ups. LOL.
    @MistahDude IKR.

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
    Well. It seems that GameFreak just jizzed fangirl-ism and High School Musical 4 into their latest Pokemon games. Bring back RSE contests and get rid of this bullcrap please GameFreak.

- Kxthbai, myrrh25.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I agree with those who miss the Hoenn contests, but idk, I liked putting accessories on my Pokemon in HG, so I may actually like this musical in the end. :)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    All I can say is that it's a pretty cheesy version of Pokemon contests. Other than that....I don't know if there's anything else I can really comment on. I saw vids of it and I pretty much didn't know how else to form a reaction, because it was just so...silly. The pokemon just spin around, dance and whatnot...I'd rather prefer contests and stuff, thank you. D:
    I agree completely. As far as it seems Pokémon Musical is just 2/3 of what DPPt's Super Contests were. In my opinion, Black and White should have just kept the Super Contests and improved it with what Black and White's Pokémon Musicals have (i.e the improved clothing and dress-up style and the upgraded dance moves). Then it proceeds to the contests round with moves. :(

I still wish they never tried to make Contests better from Third Gen. It was best as it was then and was more enjoyable being scattered across the region. Only improvement I saw was mimicking the Anime's style in contests, but that doesn't seem like it'll happen anytime soon.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I just want contests. Pokeathalon was ... annoying and a pointless introduction, and this'll just be worse yet.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years

I agree completely. As far as it seems Pokémon Musical is just 2/3 of what DPPt's Super Contests were. In my opinion, Black and White should have just kept the Super Contests and improved it with what Black and White's Pokémon Musicals have (i.e the improved clothing and dress-up style and the upgraded dance moves). Then it proceeds to the contests round with moves. :(

I still wish they never tried to make Contests better from Third Gen. It was best as it was then and was more enjoyable being scattered across the region. Only improvement I saw was mimicking the Anime's style in contests, but that doesn't seem like it'll happen anytime soon.

I disliked R/S/E contests. They were slow and frustrating. I thought pokemon contests from D/P/Pt were okay, but still were missing something. I liked Pokeathalon a lot, because it was very interactive. That's why I think Pokemon Musical will be fun, interactivity. I'm not sure if we'll be using the microphone to sing, but it seems like an expanded version of the dance portion from Pokemon. We've seen a thirty second clip of the feature, but I'm positive there's more to it than that. I feel you people need to relax. This is not HSM. It's just a little minigame in an attempt to attract girls to the game. I'm sure you don't have to participate in it.

Also, to whoever talked about HGSS features, those features are for those games. If every game had Pokeathlon and Follow me, why would anyone be interested in HGSS? Those are features put into a remake to give it more lasting appeal. Follow me was fun for that game. But most OW sprites are ugly and not everyone wants to walk with their pokemon 24/7/ I think in stead of relying on old tricks, pokemon is doing the right thing by trying new ideas. People complain about every Pokemon game being too similar. Reusing the same features only contributes to that.

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
    I've been like Ash when it comes to contest. Rarely you would see me in a pokemon contest. But Pokeathalon, that's a different story! I want pokeathalon back T.T I guess i'll try this musical thing, but i'm not a fan of musicals...

Hopefully they'll make musicals available through wi-fi as well (Which they should have done for contests and pokeathalon...C'mon Game freak, Whats the matta whichus?). Would have been more to do.

Charizardomination

Kanto Champion
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    This is stupid the pokemon are dancing like stupid idiots. Theyre just addiing this for the sake of saying everythings new so that people will buy the games. Its an awful idea and they need to expand on the the faults of the games not start adding crap no one wants.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    Well. It seems that GameFreak just jizzed fangirl-ism and High School Musical 4 into their latest Pokemon games. Bring back RSE contests and get rid of this bullcrap please GameFreak.

- Kxthbai, myrrh25.

I agree with this. The Pokeathalon was ok, Super Contests weren't even close to being super (IMO), and the 3rd generation contests were the best. I did those all the time, and I've collected all the Hoenn contest ribbons. :3

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    Ohh, this looks interesting.

I must admit, I would like the RSE Contests back, I enjoyed them, but the DPPt were good too!
    It's sad they're getting rid of the Pokéathlon however... But, we don't know this for certain, do we, they could always have the Pokéathlon somewhere else? I doubt it though.

Good thing I love musicals! I can't wait to try this out!

Bay

Years
    Pokebeach has some new footage of the Pokemon musical from Legendary Pokemon. There's some footage of the deer Pokemon first though, so you won't see the musical until around the 0:55 mark.

Have to say, it does look cute, though I'm still wondering a couple of things. I know for sure you'll dress up your Pokemon first. Wondering though if you'll be also making music somehow first or you'll be dancing while the music plays. I still think you might go make the music first, like choosing musical notes.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2010
    Oh nice. pokemon musical.. im guessing it'll be a mic one. or one of those hanah montana games.. where u click the notes and the pokemon will dance whenever u click the right one lol.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    The extra video clip on Pokémon Musicals was decent. It wasn't much more from what we already knew, but the music was nice. I just think this is going to be a new way to take better use of the touch screen. Contests handled the touch screen slightly, then the Pokéathlon took it to the next level. I think to compete with this, Pokémon Musicals will take the touch screen compatibility even further. Kind of hard to tell what's really going on with the player since all they show us is the music and dancing Pokémon and not what really goes on at the bottom screen for us. I'm warming up to the idea though, and I figure I'll give it a try at least.

Bay

Years
    The extra video clip on Pokémon Musicals was decent. It wasn't much more from what we already knew, but the music was nice. I just think this is going to be a new way to take better use of the touch screen. Contests handled the touch screen slightly, then the Pokéathlon took it to the next level. I think to compete with this, Pokémon Musicals will take the touch screen compatibility even further. Kind of hard to tell what's really going on with the player since all they show us is the music and dancing Pokémon and not what really goes on at the bottom screen for us. I'm warming up to the idea though, and I figure I'll give it a try at least.
    Yeah, was thinking that too. It would be nice if we see what's going on at the bottom of the screen to get a better idea how to do the Pokemon Musical. Guess we'll know more info about the Pokemon Musical in this month's CoroCoro issue most likely.

Pancake86

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2012
    MUSICAL!
    Brings me back to when I used to do the school plays.
    Now with POKEMON!
    I'm going to have my Pokemon sing "The Last Midnight" from "Into the Woods" just for noglastic reasons...or maybe "If I were a Bell" from "Guys and Dolls" *shot*

But in all seriousness, I think it'll just be a side quest and/or a replacements for the contests. *shurg* Like someone else here on this topic that i'm too lazy to quote, it's just to get girly girls into the Pokemon franchise as well. Good luck with this Game-Freak. Please please PLEASE don't let us down.

But in all OTHER seriousness, please don't let us down with...oh I don't know...THE MAIN GAME ITSELF?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Back