• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON 5TH GEN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    boy do i freakin wish.
    they better make it.
    it better make me cry harder than the last one.
    I CANT WAIT!

Is it gonna happen? What do you all think and what do you expect?

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I expect one around the summer time in 2011, maybe June or July. I might wait around before getting it, in case there's a third version, like how Darkness and Time had Sky. I got Sky right after completing Darkness, and because of that, I couldn't really enjoy Sky much, and still haven't finished it. Should probably play it while I have the time. But PMD gen V sounds good. :) I hope Churine can be playable via personality test! Probably not, but let a man dream~

Years
    haha shandera pre evos better be on it or even iwaparesu pre evo would be awesome. and i wont wait a day to get it haha ill get the first one and the third addidition lol

Years
    They better and they better have more plot twists and sad scenes than before.

Agreed. They should have the same old scenes where you, the player, will leave your partner then all the whole sobbing drama parts which I like and proceed on to the credits(boredom 100%), and the something happens and you return back alive to your partner and another emotional-craze scene! ;)

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    I want INFINITE choices in partner. Maybe all pokemon within a specific BST, like 250-300, or something like that, and I want evolution throughout the story. It would be cool if evolution was actually a part of the story, like, if you were a Treecko, at the end of a dungeon, trying to save your friend, you spontaneously evolve in a Grovyle, and kick their butts.

Meh, just wishful thinking.

Years
    all of you all great stuff i really love the evolution through plot idea and if they do the thing were you die itd be kinda boring cos we already saw it once. i say what if like igglybuff dies *SSSSOOOOOOBBBBBSSSSS* also i do want to see the guild return! best part of the whole game was the guild. And i really miss grovyle what if he returns as a skeptile? and like hes the head leader when igglybuff dies? that would be a freaking awesome start to the plot! am i right?

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    Having a 5th generation of Mystery Dungeon would be interesting to see. I wonder what the name of the game would be called and also who you get to be as the Pokemon. Hopefully they'll be working on a game for this probably on the DS but I would love to see this on the Wii as well.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Awmaigad, please cut the Caps the next time... >.<

Well, I can see this coming. I don't even remember if people saw PMD 2 coming, but now we're pretty sure of it. They could work some villain out of Sazandora, maybe make Dory the guildmaster, and... Jaroda, Kirikizan, and Kojondo as famous explorers. But hey, I think Zuruzukin could become a villain too, no ?

Oh, and I would want Gen V only Pokemon. Like, how BW had only Gen V Pokemon, I think that this game should follow its trend.
    And yes, I want to play as Seed bby too ! :x

Years
    If they're gonna make it, I'll buy it fore sure. I enjoyed all the previous PMD games and their storyline was also interesting. Like 560cool said, I hope they'll only put in 5th gen Pokemon.

By the way, Churine is female-only :(

Parivir

rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    Years
    Ohhh Drama! *.* want some! Like, somebody jumps in your way and save you but they die in the process and then this tinkling music comes in I would so tear up, right?! @.@ tbh, I haven't cried in Explorers of Time/Darkness, I need MORE DRAMA! xD

jy909

Queen of Egg Moves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I would love it. I reckon that in a dungeon, your partner would die, and unable to control your emotions, you evolve, and proceed to destroy the baddies.

Years
    I would love it. I reckon that in a dungeon, your partner would die, and unable to control your emotions, you evolve, and proceed to destroy the baddies.
    That wouldnt happen. You gotta remember little kiddies will play the game too.
    I WANNA PLAY AS SNIVY ;~;
    But no previous gen Pokémon would make Pokémon veterans less inclined to play the game.

Spirit Albarn♫

death scythe★
    Years

Not necessarily die...but if he/her passsed out or fainted, then you evolved and got him/her to safety, that'd be good.
    but i wish they would do that ;~;

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Do want. I fully expect it to happen, but still. It muuust. The Mystery Dungeon series is definitely my favorite Pokemon spinoff. Love 'em sad scenes.

Although, I think they may want to try something slightly different with the storyline. Maybe more focus on the PC as a human. I mean, apparently in Time/Dark/Sky human-you was tough enough to survive the bad future (also, Sky's last Episode, amirite?), so it's not totally unreasonable.

Gawsh, I'm looking this up on TvTropes as I type this. So many memories... lol, my fonder memories are from a video game.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Obviously the Gen V Pokemon will be in the game. Unlike B/W, all 649 Pokemon will be in the game. The Gen V moves' effects will changed in the MD games, similar to older games:
    -Wide Guard gives all ally Pokemon Protect status
    -Magic Room will have the same effect as Mystery Dungeon Embargo, except it affects the whole floor
    -Knock Down makes the target Pokemon have the "Knocked Down" status, making it vulnerable to Ground moves if it's Flying typed or has Levitate
    -Bursting Flame will damage all Pokemon around the user, including allies
    -Slime Wave damages Pokemon in front of the user, in a similar fashion to Wide Slash
    -Heavy Bomber and Heat Stamp causes more damage if the user's Body Size is higher
    -Electric Ball causes more damage if the user's movement Speed (Speed is different in MD) is increased
    -Make Friends (Befriend) changes the target's ability (chosen at random) to one of the user's (again, at random)
    -Side Change switches the user's position with another Pokemon in line of sight
    -Boiling Water has the same hit range as Lava Plume
    -Healing Beam affects either an ally Pokemon or an enemy Pokemon
    -Overhead Throw and Dragon Tail have Fling's MD effect, except that they cause damage prior to the Fling.
    -Vengeance's power doubles if a nearby teammate is on the verge of fainting
    -Volt Change has the same effect as Quick Attack style moves in MD (attacking opponents 2 squares away)
    -Level Ground affects all Pokemon in the room, like Earthquake

I'm also hoping for a way for the player to have more freedom to choose their starter.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    There likely will be another game in order to add the new set of Pokémon introduced, as there was for Generation IV. Still, there are some things about the game that seem to go off somewhere:

The Eydrop Seed allows you to see invisible Pokémon, yet the chances of you actually encountering an invisible Pokémon are so low, you can play the game for YEARS without coming across an invisible enemy. Pokémon such as Ninjask, Porygon, and Gengar are shown and stated to be able to turn invisable at will, perhaps if this was added (such as Wild Sudowoodo's specific behavior to act like a tree within dungeons) as a feature of sorts, it would make more sense on that regard.

The Plain objects and off-named items such as the Oren Berry seem to draw the aspect of randomized objects with plain descriptions that have to be identified or used in order to reveal them, from the older Dungeon-Crawler games that Mystery Dungeon is based on, yet instead of having descriptions like "Pink Scarf" and "Light Blue Orb" they're all identified off the bat. Maybe if they added an option similar to this in the next game where you hade to gradually use items in order to find out what they did (with the Identity Orb serving as the item used in order to identify other objects immediately), it would add a second tier of difficulty and make replaying the game more...Interesting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back