• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON 5TH GEN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    I hope it's not all Gen V Pokémon. :/ I can easily see Minccino being one of the starters, in addition to Oshawott, Snivy, and Tepig. And possibly the monkeys. :/ Not Zorua, but no doubt it's going to play a big part in the story.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Well... Since it says here: https://www.serebii.net/dungeon3/ each game has 130 exclusive Pokemon... Then I guess it's safe to say that it also has other gens and not just the 5th gen ^_^

They came out ages ago in Japan, for the Wii. Each game only has a certain type of Pokemon making it exclusive to their game. This isn't the new PMD game.

The Prim Delcatty

Eccentric Exception
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2011
    Man, oh, man. I hope to Arceus they make a PMD for the 3DS. I'm in love with the series. They're my favorite Pokemon games ever released, I like them even more than the main series. Anyway, I hope some of these guys make it as playable characters:

Elektrike
    Shinx
    Zorua
    Growlithe
    Sneasel...? Maybe not...
    Some 5th gen guys :P

I'm eagerly awaiting, I hope it's released before Christmas for the 3DS :D

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
  • There's a lot of potential for the new main villain, but I like Zoroark the best.

I wish they made evolution a part of the story though. They could tie into the story line, but it would be difficult for Eevee starters since they need a stone. But if they could it would be cool.

I feel that they'll have a really good story line. These games always do, and seeing how good they made the story line for Black/White makes me excited for what they might have planned.

....and I hope Shinx stays!!!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I hope that if whenthey make the next PMD games, they somehow make it as good as Time/Darkness/Sky. Also, I hope they replace the guild with something else, or else it would already be similar to Time/Darkness/Sky. Maybe make something like a guild, but not a guild... does anybody get what I'm saying =/ ?

Also, they'll probably make Zorua/Zoroark some sort of major character, and likely a villain. As for new starters, they'll definately put in Snivy/Tepig/Oshawott. I hope they put in Munna... probably Minccinno too, just because they can... and it works. They might add the monkeys, but they also just might make the monkeys supporting characters. Perhaps they could be partner-only pokemon? I also hope they keep all of the old starters. I liked them all (though I haven't had time to try them all... most of them though).

ElectricScyther said:
    And just remove Meowth or Skitty period. That way they can afford to keep some of the Sky starters (but NOT Phanpy or Shinx)

Besides Shinx, those are probably the few I'd be mad if they were removed -.-' Just my opinion though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2015
    man i cant wait

i will protest if it doesnt come or its only 4 3ds... actually ill prob just get a 3ds just 4 it. i admit i did cry the first time i completed sky and almost in red rescue team. the final boss should be reshiram and zekrom but long story mode so u will b high lvl and post game final boss should be zoroark or kyurem super tough and shiny! the thing i love most is you can really get into them and be all emotional, bring on the tears!!

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    You know what would make an awesome twist?

If you (the player) was slowly being corrupted during the first storyline, eventually ending with your partner having to fight you.

Bellacrose

Lover of Wartortles
    Years
  • Sorry for typos.. On my iPod.. 8I

I'm hoping, I'll probably get negative responses to this at first, but I'm hoping for two games. One with the legendaries in each, and then after you beat the legendary in your game you can get the other by going to another dungeon. Ex. Black Fortress, White Temple

Both sides represent a way of life. Purity and honest simple living, or luxurious and blahblahblah. And pokemon all over are fighting over which side is better. Generally this causes a lot of problems.

And Zorua/Zoroark would be kind of like N in th B/W games. They represent the neutral side and challenge you a few times. Maybe in end it turns out h/she (hopefully she to mix things up) is on your side. Maybe your partner chooses the other side or fights by your side with uncertainty.

And no more human being turned into a Poke xD; What if it's just a Pokemon for once?

Years
  • I would be surprised if there wouldn't be a new PMD game with Unova pokemon in it. There will be one, I am sure, since they made one for Sinnoh pokemon, and because the MD series is extremely popular it seems.

Dark Aura

u wot m8
    Years
  • I really hope there'll be a new one.

Zoroark would be awesome, especially as a villain or perhaps an anti-hero. Maybe he'll even Illusion himself into your partner or infiltrate the guild.

And yes, evolution ftw. I always hated that part >:(

Althea

[For Sale]
    Years
  • If/when they make another Mystery Dungeon game, there are only two things I want to see from it:

- EVERY Pokemon available for capture. It really bothered me that Arceus wasn't available in Explorers of Sky, and it'd annoy me immensely if they skipped out some legendaries in the next ones.
    - Bring back Friend Areas! Chimecho's Assembley was cheap; just a boring list of what you'd recruited. I want to see my Pokemon aimlessly running around again!

Otherwise...bring it on, I say! I've enjoyed the Mystery Dungeon games more than I have the fourth and fifth mainstream generation games, I don't think they could screw it up so badly that I wouldn't enjoy it.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • If nothing else, we've got the ultimate protectors of pokemon waiting to unleash their fury on the humans..
    POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON 5TH GEN?

Just you wait and see, you'll be an apprentice of these ;)

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
  • But they already have an apprentice. Also, what is up with everyone not liking Shinx? I ended up having him in Sky and besides the fact that he gets quick attack as an egg move instead of ice fang, I found him to be quite good. (Though I did miss Luxray and the Luxio tribe)

Anyways, I think it would be an interesting concept of you being a normal pokemon and becoming corrupt as the story progresses and at the end even after defeating Zekrom/Reshiram or both you still become completely corrupted and fade away. Then later, Zekrom/Reshiram feels sorry for your partner and brings you back.

Though the corruption would give them another reason for why you can't evolve during the story line...which I would hate because we need at least one evolution option!

And of course the big baddie could be Kyerum, wanting to either freeze the world or absorb Zekrom and Reshiram to return to his former self.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • But they already have an apprentice. Also, what is up with everyone not liking Shinx? I ended up having him in Sky and besides the fact that he gets quick attack as an egg move instead of ice fang, I found him to be quite good. (Though I did miss Luxray and the Luxio tribe)

See, this is where it gets good, Keldeo ends up being your rival and/ or partner in rescuing pokemon! ;D We know that legends are willing to team up anyway (hint useless Cresselia hint), and considering how stats apparently doesn't matter too much in PMD the "legend" problably would cause more harm than good to it considering the expectations that must be raised to it due to this status. Idk, but motivating a broken down Keldeo to get back and learn from your masters certainly seems like it would be fitting with what we've seen from previous games :x

Why bother learning from a guild when you can essentially learn from the very best and travel the pokemon world in search of those in need?

Oh, and I also used Shinx in Sky and was rather pleased, Discharge was always helpful :>

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It's obviously going to happen we just don't know when, my guess is it COULD be the next games they're talking about, although that's predictable, they said they're going to surprise us so it makes me thing otherwise...

#Emochu

ujhgjkjhgkujhjkhjkhkhkhhk hjkhj
    Years
  • If so, make it really dramatic and sad

I seriously need to play PMD games more often...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back