• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon For Wii U?

IllusDark8

Small rumors have been going around the interwebz stating that Chunsoft, developer behind PMD wants to bring the game to the upcoming Wii U. That's right, exploring the world of Mystery Dungeon like never before using the tablet as a map and treaure bag and using it to also attack and move. Not only that but the catch is, they may make it an MMORPG. Rumor has it that the Wii U has the power to have games like Phantom Star Online and World of Warcraft run on the Wii U, as well MiiVerse will have a huge influence. Other features may include to customize your Pokemon and see it wearing what you apply. This PMD MMORPG is due late 2014. What do you think?

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • Woah. Is this confirmed? Can you provide a link? If so I will fan girl scream out of pure joy.
    I don't think I'd want to go through dungeons with people though at least until the main story has been beaten and you can kinda do whatever you want. I mean,you can't have three or four people all going through a dungeon with their partners while trying to incorporate the storyline. But I could see it working in treasure town. You could trade items with people there and battle them and do stuff like that.

IllusDark8

Of course, this is super secret and the rumor, I don't remember where I found it. I have talked about it on several of my Podcasts however. As well, I believe it would be a new game in whole.

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
    Years
  • A new PMD? Fantastic. I'm looking forward just to the possibility. As an MMORPG? Well, it clearly has that potential. Guilds are already a part of it, as well as quests, and many other similar mechanics. Honestly, I thought Red and Blue were MMO's before they actually came out. But I'm worried that if they do that, the games may lose a lot of their core attributes, like the emotion and the attachments grown to the NPC's. Maybe if they made two--one for console, the other an MMO? I suppose that would be very interesting ^^

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • I just recently purchased a normal Wii, and will probably never be getting a Wii U. If anything, I hope PMD is released on the 3DS (and boy do I hope!).

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
  • with the tablet it could be cool. put the map there and you're team line up. be really handy, but I'd rather see it on hand held, and NOT mmorpg. thats for the mainstream games. eventually...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • With something like PMD I'd prefer it to be a handheld game, because it's really a story that's kind of emotional and idk.. brings you in? So it's like, my own adventure and not a million other people's at the same time.

Back