• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Fusion

How interested are you in PMD?

• Very much!

Votes: 36 87.8%
  • Sort of

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Not very much

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not at all!

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2022
    POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON
    F U S I O N

DeviantArt | Discord
    Hello, hello! Welcome to the start of a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon fan game! I've always had a passion
    for Pokemon spinoffs, as well as RPGs and roguelike games, so it only feels right to pursue creating a fan game such as this one.
    Enough about myself though, let's take a look at the game in development!
    -----=-----

PLOT
    PMD: Fusion will be centered around an elder world of Pokemon in a more medieval state of prosperity. 3 kingdoms currently rule over different sections of the continent, with a large variety of provinces and small settlements along their crossing paths. Though peace was never meant to last in this world of Pokemon. The noble king of the forests has fallen ill, and with it his kingdom has started to perish. What's worse is that an evil without name has taken control of his withering state, and has begun to puppeteer the civilians who blindly follow their renowned king. The songs of war now lay heavy on the air, and with it rises more and more conflict.
    The other 2 kingdoms begin their own preparations, unknowing to the noble king's illness and possession. This upcoming war may very well be the end, or perhaps the start of something truly evil.

Your part in this story begins in a small town with not much to it's name. It exists within a grey area of affiliation, and tends to keep it's nose out of politics and the like. That is, until the war is brought to it's doorstep by fleeing individuals. After hearing of this, your heart beats with heroism and courage - you desperately want to help save the provinces from disaster, but to do so you must leave your hometown and begin on a journey unlike any other.
    -----
    The game's plot is inspired by "Lord of the Rings" and various Pokemon movies throughout the years, as well as
    tidbits from old RPs of mine!
    -----=-----

CHARACTERS
    PMD: Fusion will feature a large array of Pokemon fusions and fakemon from start to finish! This includes the typical starters seen on the traditional PMD setup!
    CURRENT STARTERS
    derf9om-cc73448c-2d0d-4874-9cbc-11bbc87a13b8.png

Fire-type, Budkin
    ---
    derf7wp-85d0ced4-dd4c-4bea-b570-a87bd770945d.png

Grass-type, Chiktik
    ---
    derf9oz-e1fd3905-7d1f-453b-bdc3-ffdab495b2f0.png

Water-type, Dreeble
    (artwork by ZeldaWolfy & ItsJustKen)

*3 starters from every generation WILL be made and are planned, but the demo will only feature these current 3!

Characters beyond the starters are made as well, and can be recruited to your team as per traditional PMD standards!
    These are not all of the Pokemon made/planned
    derfa76-7d1f9f7e-af9d-4210-b4db-73a7cbbee1f5.png
    derf7vv-2b3fa457-2178-4643-a097-b9ecc9244b7c.png
    derf7xl-5fa78f9b-576a-4973-956a-2b2255bf2016.png

Find out more on our DeviantArt, or follow us on Discord to see some spoilers!
    -----=-----

FEATURES
    - Roguelike combat (traditional PMD style)
    - Shiny variants!
    - Long, deep and developing story
    - Side-quests from different villagers/townsfolk
    - Every Pokemon can be recruited to your team! (Through certain means)
    - Event updates and community involvement!
    -----> We plan to involve community designs/ideas into the game, such as alt-sprites and side-quests, or even NPCs!
    - Big boss battles!
    - Randomly generated dungeons (and loot!)
    - Seasonal areas that affect appearances! (Similar to Sawsbuck/Deerling changes)

-----=-----

The game is being made on RPG Maker MV
    The development team is ZeldaWolfy (me) and ItsJustKen (fellow artist/spriter)
    Pokemon is owned by Nintendo

-----=-----

POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON
    F U S I O N

P R O G R E S S

Early Stages of Development
    Last Updated 9/25/2021

So far PMD: Fusions is nearing a release for it's demo, which will include 40+ recruitable and evolvable Pokemon, as well as 4 explorable areas and plenty of dungeons/quests to keep you occupied!
    The best way to hear about information for this project will be via the Discord due to accessibility; I am always available on there. This forum will also be kept up-to-date on
    game changes and information, as well as our DeviantArt page.

Questions/concerns are encouraged!

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2022
    @Alexcoss26
    This game is not a mod/hack, but being developed entirely from scratch!

@Gokudera
    I will definitely be updating this thread with some screenshots, but if you want live updates/chill times, feel free to join our discord community!

Back