• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Green Rescue Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    is there any way I could have the multi tool? I badly want to hack mystery dungeon...

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I'm more busy getting rid of the Dugtrio gitch, which freezes the game before Dugtrio appears. I also want to edit the maps a bit, then add some PMD2 songs, THEN I'll worry about the titlescreen. But, yes- it's on my To-do list.

Years
    I know... but at least you knew you were going to get those... sebbe hasn't updated for a loooooooooooooooong time, and I am afraid that he will never release it. my dream was to create a mystery dungeon game.... and thanks to him, that dream will never come true...

LOL. Sebbe made MD hacking what it is, you should thank him for that. It's your own fault for being unable to hack without a tool.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Sorry for not updating- was kicked off my computer. I'll catch up, but the beta releases will be put on a hold. Sorry.

Also, anyone ever thought of opening up the rom using WordPad?

Years
    Sorry for not updating- was kicked off my computer. I'll catch up, but the beta releases will be put on a hold. Sorry.

Also, anyone ever thought of opening up the rom using WordPad?

No because what you get when you open the rom with word pad is just ASCII, which you would see in the side of a hex editor anyway. Using word pad is probably the worst method of hacking.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    No because what you get when you open the rom with word pad is just ASCII, which you would see in the side of a hex editor anyway. Using word pad is probably the worst method of hacking.

True, but I did have a few scripts edited- then the ROM crashed entirely and I have to restart 100%.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I would like to point out that this is why your not supposed to hack in wordpad.

I remember that a few scripts WORKED after I edited in WordPad, the game just got messed up while editing the Dugtrio script... maybe that's why it crashed.

Nikko.Ideator

Black FC: 2022 7801 5735
    Years
    Perhaps for the Munchlax that's "happy" that he's lost, you could change his text so he's describing how nice of a day it is, or that a rescue team will be there soon, or somehting like that.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Perhaps for the Munchlax that's "happy" that he's lost, you could change his text so he's describing how nice of a day it is, or that a rescue team will be there soon, or somehting like that.

No, that's one of the scripts that don't want to be edited. Plus- I'll wait a bit for the megatool (thanks to Son Sebbe) and edit scripts from there.

HOWS the hack going yankeeX?

Terrible. Glitched up, so I'm using more Wii now.

Years
    No, that's one of the scripts that don't want to be edited. Plus- I'll wait a bit for the megatool (thanks to Son Sebbe) and edit scripts from there.

Terrible. Glitched up, so I'm using more Wii now.

If anyone ever gets sebbe's tool that is ;)

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I fixed my glitches (yay!), and the scripts were better... now I blame WordPad for blanking my rom. It's 0 KB!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back