• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RRT Hack Idea

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2018
    I have been thinking about ideas for a PMDRRT hack (it seems GBA games are easier to hack and emulate). I haven't got that many ideas yet, but I may come up with more.
    I don't have any hacking experience with PMD so this may not be feasible just yet, but I can get ideas for now.

The game should be harder than the originals, with Pokemon at higher levels and dungeons with more floors.
    Most dungeons will have bosses. While some of these are Legendary, many are not.
    The main game would be considerably longer than the original (perhaps slightly longer than Explorers) though there would still be a significant post-game.
    Many parts of the game will be more inspired by the Explorers games than RRT/BRT, though I will still make my own ideas.

Dungeon ideas:

The dungeon before the final set will be a forest, and have one Cradily and two Armaldo as bosses. (The Cradily is higher-leveled and has more health than either Armaldo).

The final set of dungeons leading up to the final boss (Rayquaza for now, as I couldn't think of another better one in Gen III, though Mewtwo is a possibility) will have to be travelled all at once (like Hidden Land, but with more than two dungeons). I may make them accessible separately after their completion, though.

The first part of the final dungeon will have 30 floors and mainly contain Flying-types (this may change if I make Mewtwo the final boss), though pre-evolutions of pseudo-legendaries will also appear.
    The second part of the final dungeon will have 24 floors and consist of the four pseudo-legendaries (for some reason, the second part of the final dungeons tends to contain both Salamence and Metagross in the originals, but not Dragonite or Tyranitar). There are one-room monster-houses on Floors 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20. There are only Dragonite on 4, only Tyranitar on 8, only Salamence on 12, and only Metagross on 16, and all four on 20. Otherwise, all four will appear throughout. The boss is on Floor 24.

One idea for a post-game dungeon is this: a 99-floor dungeon where any random Pokemon can appear (including legendaries) though none can be recruited. They can appear at any random level from 1 to 100 (so you could have a Level 1 Magikarp and a Level 100 Mewtwo on the same floor). Items will also be entirely random (apart from a few special items found behind locked doors normally, which cannot appear here). I may give it a deliberately "glitchy" aesthetic, though I won't introduce any actual glitches. This is because the boss of this dungeon will be Missingno., who cannot be recruited in any way but can be refought.

I have a few more potential ideas that aren't fully developed yet.

If anyone has other ideas for potential dungeons/bosses, feel free to post them. I would also like information on whether you prefer Mewtwo or Rayquaza as the final boss.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2022
    @BTD6_maker

Have you found a way to edit Rescue Team's dungeon data, or a tool that would allow you to do that?

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2018
    I don't think a tool exists just yet. I will see if I am able to find anything by searching through the game data. I am wondering whether a full or partial disassembly exists for this.

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
    I don't think a tool exists just yet. I will see if I am able to find anything by searching through the game data. I am wondering wheth er a full or partial disassembly exists for this.

If there exists research (proper informatio) about the roms, then making a tool wont be a difficult task..
    But ai dont think if the myatery dungeon roms are being much looked at all ...

Back