• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon TV special

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    So how did you like this special? I was shocked that there was going to be a show about Pokemon Mystery dungeon, but when It came out I was quite impressed, It was cool to finally hear a Pikachu talk! ^^

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2009
    yeah i was wondering the same thing... are there more?
    good question gs135790... ^.* i just dunno.
    I did see it tho. and i thought it was way cute, interesting to hear them talking! I didn't like charmander's voice, it didn't sound like a charmander, but the others were good. I loved Pikachu's! he was sooo kawaii!
    X3

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    "I don't like it! No matter what it looks like, I don't like it one bit!"

LOL

Seriously, though, I'm relatively sure we won't be getting any more--at least, that was the original idea--but that's the way it should be. Some of the voices didn't sit too well, and they constantly referred to what was obviously an Ekans as Arbok (more obvious if you had captioning on, but they said it a few times too)! I thought we were beyond that kind of mistake!!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I enjoyed it. You could tell that it was just a cute little story. I mean, the main evil guys were called "Team Meanies." That right there makes me think of being five years old and calling someone a meany. The voices were cute. Charmander's and Pikachu's were my favorites, but all of them were nice.

The plot was just a simple thing that no one really had to focus on. It was just a rescue.

I believe that it was a one-time only advertisement for MD. Sure, the screen said, "To Be Continued..." but that might only mean "To be continued in your own game..." So they expect you to pick up the game to imagine the rest of the story.

The Ekans/Arbok mistake was rather irksome. I felt that PUSA would have tried harder to avoid a 4Kids mistake.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I believe that it was a one-time only advertisement for MD. Sure, the screen said, "To Be Continued..." but that might only mean "To be continued in your own game..." So they expect you to pick up the game to imagine the rest of the story.

The Ekans/Arbok mistake was rather irksome. I felt that PUSA would have tried harder to avoid a 4Kids mistake.

1. You don't really know that. The show's subtitle is called "Go Getters out of the gate", that sort of tells you that the episode is just the beggining. Squirtle's little speech at the end of the episode opened many doors for a sequel as well. Finally you can't just ignore the "To be Continued" sign at the end, If there was'nt going to be a new episode, they just would'nt have shown that message.

2. Yup, that Ekans/Arbok mistake bothered me too. I also noticed a part when Gengar used confusion, can a Gengar learn confusion?

P.S. I have absolutely no idea what that Skarmory was talking about -_-;;

rayorojo

Pokemon Trainer in Shinou!
    Years
    The special was so cute! The entire episode I was looking forward to hearing Pikachu speak because I remembered reading a question at pokemon.com about the special. I also really enjoyed Chikorita's voice, because she's cute too!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I thought it was so kawaii where Squirtle was at the start so confused and then Charmander and Chikorita came along =3

I also liked when they were climbing up the mountain. It was such a kool terrain..After I saw the special I really wanted the game^^ It was the cutest episode I had ever seen!

<3 simpsonqueen

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I thought the music was pretty good too, it was cool since it was different from all the other lousy pokemon BGMs from the usual episodes -_-

P.S. They fixed the Arbok mistake, yay!

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
    Years
    It is on youtube, thats where I watched this, it was good, and it is argueable weather there will be a sequel or not...but I think there should be one, it would be really awesome to hear the Legendaries like Rayquaza and such.

Skitty101

Crazed Advanceshipper!!
    Years
    I'm confused as well about if they're going to make more then one of Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon special. 'Cause at the end of the special it said "To be continued". So maybe they are making more then one.

I thought that this special was pretty cool. Skarmary's voice was so funny. ^_^
    To me it seemed like Charmander had a cold or something judging by the way he talked. Overall this special was a good one.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2008
    They better make more than one! But I don't really need Youtube to watch it. I have it on DVD that I got from a special box that had Mystery Dungeon Blue it ^_^

Demonik Sorciz

Peace, Love, & Happiness 4EVE!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    So how did you like this special? I was shocked that there was going to be a show about Pokemon Mystery dungeon, but when It came out I was quite impressed, It was cool to finally hear a Pikachu talk! ^^

OMG, THERE WAS A TV SPECIAL OF IT!?! AND I MISSED IT!?!?!?!? o well, ill just search it up on youtube :D

*EDIT*

aww, i searched it but no 1 had it on there, so was it any good??

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I enjoyed watching it and thought that it was really cute, but... I was kind of disappointed in the voice that they chose for Chikorita. XD; I had a hard time understanding her half the time, and after a while it got kind of annoying to listen to. I didn't really think that Pikachu's voice fit, either, but it was still cute! They're both still my two favorite Pokémon.

And I noticed the "Arbok" mistake, but I'm glad to hear they fixed it. X3

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I watched it on YouTube and I found it a little odd to see Pokemon speaking.

(First, I don't speak english, so if I say something weird, you know why lol)
    Yeah I enjoyed it! ^^ So cool to see a fresh new anime :) It's sure, it's for the youngest Pokéfan, but it was amusing :) And the Backgrounds reminds me a little bit "Yoshi's Island" :)

There maybe just a thing that I found strange: Why don't Squirtle try to being human again? XD He was so absorbed by the adventure, it seems XD

Back