• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pokemon Needed!

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
  • Hey, im starting a scramble challenge on sapphire, and was wondering if i can get 6 people to choose me some pokemon.

-I will use any pokemon obtainable within the game before Mossdeep City. which means no legendaries and No trades.
    -I will not use Feebas/Milotic. I want using the pokemon to be the challenege, not catching them.
    -I will use the final evolved form of any pokemon suggested unles it requires a stone or w/e to evolve.
    -2 of the pokemon chosen must be available before Mauville City.
    -Between them, i must be able to use Fly Surf Rock smash Strength.

I will use my starter until i have one of the chosen pokemon.
    I will post progress.
    Good luck i eagarly await my pokemon. :)

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    May I suggest two of those to be a Wingull/Pelipper and a Whimsur/Loudred/Exploud? Surf and Fly can be taught to Pelipper, while your Exploud can get Strength and rocksmash. I get through the battles on the game on those two alone, and they can be obtained fairly early in the game. It should be even easier once you hear other suggestions as well.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • ok Rednano ill take Absol, but i cannot get Zangoose as im playing sapphire. so shall i use the alternate-Seviper, or wanna chose a different poke?

Pelipper
    Exploud
    Absol

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Ludicolo can cover Dive and Waterfall, because you will need those two moves eventually.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    I haven't heard very many good things about Seviper, and Poison-type Pokemon in general won't be very good with RSE. The only thing Poison-type moves are strong against are Grass-Type pokemon, which is already covered by any flying-type moves your Pelipper may have. They are resistant to Bug, Poison, Fighting, and Grass moves, but outside of Brawly, there aren't many tough trainers who use that type (And you can't get Seviper until after you defeat Brawly). Furthermore, it would be completely useless against Steven's Steel-type Pokemon.

Speaking of which, you might need something that can take out Steel-types more effectively, otherwise you might get murdered by Steven, or maybe even Wattson. Your three choices are Ground, Fire, and Fighting, the most appealing of which seems to be fire-type, since that exploits the often-weak status of Steel Pokemon's Special Defense. Depending on it's moveset, a Slugma might help.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • For a fire-type, I vouch for Camerupt, with Magcargo as a close second, but if those two are too slow for your liking, there's always Ninetales, in which Vulpix is obtained on Mt. Pyre, so it fits your limit.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I would suggest a Flygon or Altaria seeing as you said caught before mossdeep they're the only dragons.

Also, you could use Blaziken as a Fire-type

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • Ok, TG got there first >.<

My team for sapphire. Starting game now is...

Pelipper
    Exploud
    Ludicolo
    Camerupt
    Absol
    Gardevoir

To be honest guys, i was expecting worse. But ill give it a go.

On my last challenge:Ruby. I had Linoone Dusclops Luvdisc Tropius Masquerain Weezing. That was HARD.

Back