• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Neo Rockets (and please, read ;D)

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    Hi, everyone. I'm Yuki. o.o
    One day, there was me, looking for some good pokemon Roms, when I found PokéCommunity. I started looking and getting interested in hacking. So, as I'm a very creative person (am I? O.o), I developed a short storyline and now, would love if you guys, that knows more than me, to rate it.

There it goes: (forgive any grammar error, but English isn't my native language =x)

Pokemon - Neo Rockets
    Team Rocket was, in the past, a great organization that wanted to take over the world. Several times they failed, losing battles for Gym Leaders and PKMN Trainners among the role world. But now, they're time has finnaly arrived.
    So, in the game, you would be a powerfull Rocket Agent, like a Rocket Lord or something (hahaha bad title, Rocket Lord :P). Guided by the all-powerfull... Ahn... Misteryous-Rocket-Leader, your mission is to go, city by city (plan to do new cities, of course. Old ones are a little past -.-) and defeat every Gym Leader. Why? Simply. You don't want that's nasty badges! You want the Gym, and the City! If you win the Gym Leader, you'll get control of the entire city, making your Rocket-Leader very happy.
    Of course, during the game, some old friends will appear, trying to stop our beloved Team Rocket! Old Gym Leaders form Kanto and Johto will randomly appear, such as heroes from the older games (Red, Blue, Silver, etc) will do their best to stop Rocket's ambition! Of course, your task as a Rocket (Lord?) is to vanquish all obstacles. At the end, when you dominate all cities, the Rocket Leader will have an entire zone under his/her control, making it easy to go for the others regions (you know, if you own one region, you can after attack Johto, then Kanto, etc)... The Rocket Team wants the world. And it's your job to get it.

SO, what you think about my storyline? I liked. Oh, I totally open to new ideas and stuff.

About the game:
    -Dunno how much cities/gym I want to do right now;
    -Want to do my own sprites for the "heroes" (Rocket Lords? XD);
    -Don't want all pkmn in my game, is just to much going on -.-
    -Any idea for the starters? Please?
    -Once you won a Gym, the entire city will be crowded of rockets, the Gym must change for a Rocket-ish Gym and etc, but I don't know how to do this yet;
    - Your another mission is to capture all legendary and rare pokemon, but you probably will do this only by the final, if you somehow manage to.

Possible hack of:
    Pokémon FireRed or LeafGreen Version (U)

Now the major problem: I never made a hack. Don't know any program, or anything about it.
    In what part of the forum can I get help?

Anyway, I will now wait for your comments. You can do suggestions, critiques and anything you want, here.
    My thanks.
    Yuki.

PS: You can add me in my Live Messenger, [email protected] Thanks.

Again, sorry any grammar mistakes =x

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    you will have to hack the game engine if you want to make every city be in the game.
    And look in the toolbox for tools on how to hack.
    and go to documents and tutorials to help you understand the programs and how they work.
    its a good story though.
    i hope this becomes real once you become more experienced like destinedjagold or zel.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    you will have to hack the game engine if you want to make every city be in the game.
    And look in the toolbox for tools on how to hack.
    and go to documents and tutorials to help you understand the programs and how they work.
    its a good story though.
    i hope this becomes real once you become more experienced like destinedjagold or zel.

What you mean with "every city"? ''-' I probably explain myself in a wrong way, since the game itself will only be in one region. I just talk about Kanto and Johto cuz it's the big boss objectives, but the conquer of this regions won't appear in the game.
    I'll look in this places you told me, I just can't do nothing with poor quality. I'll only do this game if I know how to do it right.
    Well, thanks for your critiques, I'll do my best do learn and do this hack.

Anyone, ideas, improvements? ;D

Yuki.

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
    This looks like quite an interesting hack you've got going on, though there already is a Hack out there called NeoRocket Thieves. But I like the concept of playing as a Rocket Lord and gaining territory by beating gyms. Also, will Mask of Ice be a part of this (I'm not sure if that's right, I never read the manga).

By the way, you'll need to take a look through the toolbox thread for tools to use (advance map, pokescript, UNLZ, the list goes on).
    I'm also interested to see how the story will fan out. Here are a couple of things to consider during the plotting of the story (or at least for me):
    -What exactly does the NeoRocket leader have planned for "taking over the world"?
    -Also, if you're not fighting gyms for the badges, will you still receive them? Or are you still able to use all HM's anyway
    -Also, what would Rocket members do once they take over the city? Will Grunts run wild and steal people's pokemon without fear of the police (that could give rise to a good back story for some rebels or militia who try to fight to regain their land) or just mingle and talk to people?

But they're rhetoric, so you don't need to answer them unless you don't mind spoiling it .

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    wait do you mean there will only be 8 cities because i confuse myself most of the time.
    and yeah there is another hack w/ almost the same name.
    Maybe rocket chief or rocket luitenant instead of rocket lord?

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    This looks like quite an interesting hack you've got going on, though there already is a Hack out there called NeoRocket Thieves. But I like the concept of playing as a Rocket Lord and gaining territory by beating gyms. Also, will Mask of Ice be a part of this (I'm not sure if that's right, I never read the manga).
    I never read the manga... So I take all ideas from my mind.

By the way, you'll need to take a look through the toolbox thread for tools to use (advance map, pokescript, UNLZ, the list goes on).
    I'm also interested to see how the story will fan out. Here are a couple of things to consider during the plotting of the story (or at least for me):
    -What exactly does the NeoRocket leader have planned for "taking over the world"?
    Well, that's something I need to improve... But, ya know, once the strongest pkmn trainner has been beaten, there will be less resistance, and Rockets can take all city and fill it. ;D
    -Also, if you're not fighting gyms for the badges, will you still receive them? Or are you still able to use all HM's anyway
    Well, you just take then, since you'll take the Gym itself.
    -Also, what would Rocket members do once they take over the city? Will Grunts run wild and steal people's pokemon without fear of the police (that could give rise to a good back story for some rebels or militia who try to fight to regain their land) or just mingle and talk to people?
    I thought something like: "This city is now a Rocket City. If you agree with us, you may stay and obey our Great Leader, but if you don't, we'll make you get out of here by using any necessary way!

But they're rhetoric, so you don't need to answer them unless you don't mind spoiling it .

I think I answered. ^^

wait do you mean there will only be 8 cities because i confuse myself most of the time.
    and yeah there is another hack w/ almost the same name.
    Maybe rocket chief or rocket luitenant instead of rocket lord?
    It will probably be eight, or maybe ten (max!), but if I finish the hack, I can do and 2nd part with Kanto and Johto, dont ya think? ^^
    About the title, I loved Rocket Liutenant *-*

AND, about the Hack name, I'm accepting suggestions. What you think about "Pokemon: Rockets TakeOver"?

Greetings.

Yuki.

wolverfrog

Working on a Hack
    Years
    if you can't be bothered to add in all pokemons yourself, why not just hack a firered 386 rom? that would make it slihtly easier.(i think)

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    if you can't be bothered to add in all pokemons yourself, why not just hack a firered 386 rom? that would make it slihtly easier.(i think)

maybe I will. Do you think it will make it easier for me? o.o

Later I'll add some information about my hack, since I'm not in my house right now... See ya.

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
    Years
    gah....all pokemon are in game. that rom only just put all pkmn on routes in wut could be called a loose hack. basicly. no reason 2 use it really....

anyway... good luck on implementing a territories game as thats how things sound..

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    Working in some sprites, here's my little Rocket lady, the game heroin:

i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/dollseafins/fema_hero.png
    (sorry I can't post urls yet, please copy the url to see =x)

Back