• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Neo sets and older deck

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2014
    I was building a deck to play casually with cards from the Neo sets and older. Here is the deck list

16 Pokemon

3x Totodile neo genesis
    1x Croconaw neo genesis
    3x Feraligatr neo genesis #5
    2x Squirtle base set
    1x Wartortle base set
    2x Blastoise base set
    4x Cleffa neo genesis

24 Trainers

4 Professor Oak
    4 Bill
    4 Recycle
    4 Pokemon Breeder
    4 Gust of Wind
    4 Computer Search

20x Water Energy

The deck is based on getting energy in the discard pile and attacking with Feraligatr. Any advice on this deck would be great.

Years
    Blastoise and Feraligatr's Powers directly contradict. Blastoise's Rain Dance pulls water energy from your hand and onto your Pokemon, while Feraligatr's power pulls Water Energy from your hand into the discard pile. These powers are in direct conflict and you should pick either one or the other.

Years
    Base Set Gyarados is worth a look. As is Blastoise itself. I'd suggest Dark Blastoise from the Team Rocket set, but it has to share a Squirtle pool with the regular Blastoise, which could be problematic.

If you're running just Water Pokemon, you could opt for Misty's Poliwrath from Gym Heroes, as even though its base damage is just 30, it does 10 damage to each benched Pokemon that is not a Water Pokemon, which can add up pretty quickly.

Alternatively, you could use the other Feraligatr from Neo Genesis. Or maybe Kabutops from Neo Discovery if you're feeling a bit adventurous, or Misty's Gyarados from Gym Challenge if you like a high risk, high reward aspect to your matches (it can do 70 damage a turn, but its Pokemon Power requires you to flip a coin each turn to decide whether you attack successfully or if you have to shuffle it and all cards attached to it into your deck). Or maybe Suicune 14/64 from Neo Revelations. Maybe even the Wizards Black Star Promo #48 Articuno. which acts as a bench shield while it's active. Or maybe even Dark Feraligatr from Neo Destiny, since it packs quite a punch.

And now I'll proceed to move this thread to the appropriate section (Deck Reviewing), since I appear to not have noticed this wasn't in there when I was replying beforehand.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2014
    I have decided to go with Base Set Gyarados, Base Set Blastoise, and Fossil Articuno. I was also thinking about adding in Rocket Dark Gyarados, but I'm not sure if it would be a good idea.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2015
    I've built my own weird blastiose idea any feedback, good or bad would be helpful

x4 squirtle(base set)
    x2warturtle(base set)
    x4blastoise(base set)
    x2lapras(fossil)
    x2magicarp(rocket)
    x2dark gayrados(rocket)
    x1shining kabutops(neo destiny)

x4energy search
    x1energy ark
    x4bill
    x4prof oak
    x2comp search
    x1energy retrieval
    x3pokemon breeder
    x2pokemon trader

x3fighting energy
    x3rainbow energ
    x18watter energy

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2015
    In the deck, shining kabutops is your "big gun". I thought of this deck because I thought of how Lapras and Blastiose both have damage limits but I looked at kabutops and I saw that he dosnt so I tried to make him work. His attack requires two fighting so I put in six(three being rainbow thinking that with all the draw and serch I could get them pretty easily. It does take a minimum of two turns to build up but he can potentially one shot any Pokemon in his format. I have the gayrados for a back up seeing as how you can only have one shining kabutops, and his health is only 80.

I've built my own weird blastiose idea any feedback, good or bad would be helpful

x4 squirtle(base set)
    x2warturtle(base set)
    x4blastoise(base set)
    x2lapras(fossil)
    x2magicarp(rocket)
    x2dark gayrados(rocket)
    x1shining kabutops(neo destiny)

x4energy search
    x1energy ark
    x4bill
    x4prof oak
    x2comp search