• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon New Yellow

Doctor Nuzleaf

The ninja doctor
Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    Would you like another animé-based Pokemon game, like Yellow was, such as you got all the starters, and whatnot, and maybe even have new aspects (such as a Battle Frontier one in Kanto or adding Battle Clubs in an Unova one)?

Feel free to add more ideas :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I really wouldn't like this. We've seen Kanto enough times. It's time to kill it with fire. One more "we need a Yellow remake" thread and I'll just explode. Ick.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2012
    [SIZE="a"]Personally I would like game freak to make one game that you can choose alot more at the beginning asides you name and gender..

For example I think you should first choose where your adventure begins.. I'd choose kanto because I'm one of those kanto honies..

Then your gender and name

Then what your sprite looks like in game.. With a massively wide selection (you can dress up pokemon in the game so why not yourself for that extra feeling of it being your own adventure)

Then the starter pokemon of your respective region (or any starter pokemon)

The game should then proceed to make you try to become the champion of every region leaving behind the pokemon you become champion with behind for a fresh start without losing any pokemon (or hair)[/SIZE]

Doctor Nuzleaf

The ninja doctor
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    I really wouldn't like this. We've seen Kanto enough times. It's time to kill it with fire. One more "we need a Yellow remake" thread and I'll just explode. Ick.

I'm not saying a new Kanto game, rather a new game that has the anime as a base, much like Yellow did

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I really wouldn't like this. We've seen Kanto enough times. It's time to kill it with fire. One more "we need a Yellow remake" thread and I'll just explode. Ick.
    It's okay Syd, I get the same "Ash is a noob and they should replace him" kind of topic each month so I think you will be alright. That being said this doesn't ask for new Yellow, but one similar.

Either way I don't care too see one. Unless the rival is Paul then I may reconsider... Then the rival would be even more BA then Silver. I'd like too see one were there is combined anime experiences. But if it is like a Saga then I'd rather see a fan game of it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm not saying a new Kanto game, rather a new game that has the anime as a base, much like Yellow did

It's still unnecessary, especially if it's "New Yellow" implying that it's in Kanto, which we don't need more of. And I'd rather the anime and games not mix. One might argue they did when Yellow was released, but aside from getting Pikachu as a starter, all the Kanto starters, and Jessie and James being in the game, there were no other anime elements to it to where I don't feel it's much of an anime base. It's anime inspired yes, but it doesn't consist of things that actually happened in the anime, which is what I assume you're going for. I like my main games the way they are personally.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • I didn't get to play FRLG, so I haven't played Kanto since the originals, excluding HG, so I would buy it for sure! That being said, I'd rather just have a new region, new Pokémon

Doctor Nuzleaf

The ninja doctor
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012

It's still unnecessary, especially if it's "New Yellow" implying that it's in Kanto, which we don't need more of. And I'd rather the anime and games not mix. One might argue they did when Yellow was released, but aside from getting Pikachu as a starter, all the Kanto starters, and Jessie and James being in the game, there were no other anime elements to it to where I don't feel it's much of an anime base. It's anime inspired yes, but it doesn't consist of things that actually happened in the anime, which is what I assume you're going for. I like my main games the way they are personally.

It's not really "New Yellow" I just put that because I couldn't think of a better fake name, but I see your point

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • I don't really care for anime based game, I mean if we did that it would probably just ash in his journey... I'd rather see a Manga based game like say you're in Johto and you start out as Gold with an Aipom

Back