• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Next Generation (Is back again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    :::: Pokemon Next Generation::::
    ::being made with Game Maker

=======================
    The Team of NextGen
    =======================
    I owe it all to the team of Pokemon Nextgen. all I am is but a simple director and a mapper. Heres what we all do!
    Kamon - Director/Mapper
    Elusive Mew - Custom Building Artist/ Pokemon Spriter
    Lich - Random
    Serebii - Coding. NO, not THE Serebii
    Cheez Puf - Environment Tilest/Tiler
    Music17 - Random Jobs

=======================
    Introduction to the Future
    =======================
    A lot of you may have heard of us already, but now its time to learn about us again!! NextGen is a game crew that constantly works on Pokemon Fangames to keep Fans happy! Though this is our first major project, it is personally my favorite. NextGen offers a brand new region to explore, the vast lands of Iouso, a beautiful green lush Region that includes an Icy Northern Mainland, and some frigid Mountains! Yes people, we do have Penguin Pokemon and Polar Bears XD. You can engage in the expansive Iouso Region to stop the evil Team Nebula and become the Pokemon Champion, and eventually make your way to the tropical Bastion Isles!

=============
    The Story
    =============
    Ah, a wonderful day in Offia Town, you've lived there your whole life, with nothing new, nothing different, except for a traveling dad that ventured off on business trips to places like Sinnoh and Hoenn. Ahh, how you wish you could be him.......

Its your 13th Birthday! Says your mom, waking you up. As soon as its almost time to celebrate, you wonder where your long time best friend is. Your Mother reminds you that he/she's getting their first Pokemon at the lab of Professor Elliwood. You rush over there to wish them good luck until the Professor sees something in you..something big, grand, something great! He persuades you into picking a Pokemon, and being nice, your friend lets you choose first. Your not sure at first, but you accept, and head back home..Thats where your dad awaits.... You'll have to play to find out ;)

=====================
    Features of Nextgen
    =====================
    -Choose from a new Hero/Heroine!
    -Explore the Vast Region of Iouso!
    -Catch over to 150 NEW Pokemon! (These arent your average Fangame Pokemon!!)
    -A new PokePDA, featuring Weather forecast, Location Setter, Trainer Eyes, and more!
    -Stop the Evil Team Nebula before they destroy the balance of the world!

=====================
    The Region of Iouso
    =====================

Thought we were the type of People to base our Regions off of real places in Japan, like the REAL games? Well, we still did!! Turn the Map 90 degrees to the Left, and wholla! You've got Shikoku, Japan ^^
    -Iouso features the average 8 badge collecting System
    -Offers a wide variety of new types of Pokemon from Polar Bears to Flamingos!
    -Explore new environments and enjoy the Industrialized Cities!

==================
    What? NEW POKEMON!
    ==================
    Calm Down! Yes, unlike most Fangames, we do have new pokemon, and we have currently 88 to prove it. Though Hold up! Were like Nintendo, we dont show ANYTHING, we slowly feed you information, some lies, some true, be on the look out! Oh, and to keep you drooling, heres our sneak peak on some new Pokemon!

Name: Elatt

Name: Coroko

Name: Macawn

Name: Flamink

================================
    Map Previews!!!!
    ================================
    Well, we got some MAJOR downfalls from people saying our Screenshot areas looked horrible, now here I will keep small map previews that I will update every so often. Please note that these are not real areas, simply tests with new tiles

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2007
    I love the custom pokemon, they look great! Storyline looks interesting too

One thing though...the trainer's sprite looks really weird. The hat seems to drag the rest of the picture down, so I'd change his hat if i were you, but its just a suggestion

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    I like the graphics. Looks really nice. I want to hear more of the story :P - just kidding.
    Anyways, I look foward to this game and hope it works out for you.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
    Looks and sounds great. Graphics are very nice although the hero looks a little out of place. I also like your new Pokemon. Anyway I can't wait to see and hear more.

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    lol, the Hero is off becuase the program we use for the test areas doesnt like Tiles. No Worries, Game Maker does imput the correct tile motions xD We've been around for awhile, though some hibernation has recently happening, thus a lot of our team is somewhat inactive.

Look Forward to a possibl City Screenshot of the 3rd City. Sooner or later I might make a Chart to see which Cities you go to first. Oh, and a few more new pokemon will do...Go Flamingos lol

Quil

Me
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 1, 2010
    It looks great!
    I don't like fakemon,but it is great xD
    Can you go to Shinou? Or Jotho?
    Or a world out of Iouso?

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Lol Dash, I've to quote you...

The Dash said:
    Y'know this is the first time I've seen the D/P sprites used without looking really ugly.. Something I have to say though is don't blend 3rd gen sprites and 4th gen sprites.. They just.. Don't go together y'know?

Since we're in the subject, I don't really understand why people try to make games with D/P graphics ripped from screenshots... I mean, quality may even be good if you recolor or something... but there's just a few tiles, which means you would have to create your own. And I hope you're good on spriting, because that would take real effort.

:D

Hope you can do it ^^

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    Since we're in the subject, I don't really understand why people try to make games with D/P graphics ripped from screenshots... I mean, quality may even be good if you recolor or something... but there's just a few tiles, which means you would have to create your own. And I hope you're good on spriting, because that would take real effort.

Now, now, theres NO Ripping from D/P AT ALL. We use custom everything, due to Nintendo making their statement about Fangames. And For spriting, LOL, we have spriters everywhere. We've got 2 EXCELLENT Pokemon Spriters, and 1 awsome Building Spriter, which they turn out, much like whats in the screenshots. Though some of our stuff may resemble D/P, its not ripped. Plus our Graphics are a bit of our own style, since the only D/P in their are the Color Pallete, Building Mass, and the Chibified Characters

It looks great!
    I don't like fakemon,but it is great xD
    Can you go to Shinou? Or Jotho?
    Or a world out of Iouso?

No, except for the Bastion Isles, south of Iouso

EDIT: Oh, and time for a new Pokemon

Meet, Flamink

Last edited:

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
    Well that's good to hear.. I personally don't like DP tiles, but I like your current tiles. Yeah I agree you do have some excellent spriters. lol Nice new pokemon also. Good luck.

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    Well that's good to hear.. I personally don't like DP tiles, but I like your current tiles. Yeah I agree you do have some excellent spriters. lol Nice new pokemon also. Good luck.

Meh, When their ripped, the horrible, but I guess they look alright on the DS. Except the tilting of the houses. Stupid 2.5d. lol

@Nekro Boi:: Lol, thanks, though it might be awhile before Beta Comes out, we still have to gain a few more building spriters to help Elusive Mew

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    Update:::

Well, we've been getting some people asking if those screenshots are what the game would look like. NO, those were lazily put together maps. I have posted Mini-Map Previews, these are areas tested with the new tiles. Please note that these once again are not real areas in the game. Credits for the Rocks, Cave Entrance, and Cave Dirt to Project Platinum.

Attention people of Pokemon Community!!! Pokemon NextGen is OFFICIALLY hiring for staff!If you've got a talent, show us what you've got! Here are some jobs:

-Item Spriter
    -Pokemon Spriter (This includes custom new pokemon, and old pokemon)
    -Tile Designer (This includes custom tiles, buildings, and environment tiles)
    -Cry Expert
    -Music Artist

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Lol, I'm going to re-do some maps, and give you some REAL ingame screenshots, along with sugimori art of a new Pokemon.

Your aren't taking my arts!? *Runs off, and crie. All this summer to do junk...*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back