• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon nicknames: question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyrukiller

Pokemerchant
Years
    • Age 38
    • Peru
    • Seen Dec 10, 2011
    Hi. I know that nicknames of pokemon that has been traded naver change. But... wtf... something weird has just happened to me in my ss version.

A few days ago I trades some filler for a remoraid: a japanesse remoraid. Well... I decided to evolve it to Octilley; and when it happened, that suprise was BIG.

The names not (japanesse characters) anymroe. It was just.... OCTILLERY.

Can somebody tellme wha happened? Is the pokemon hacked? The remoraid was bashful nature, caught on june 9th in a pokewalker. Met at level 14 - male - mischievous.

Regarding that information, according to a very well known faithfull website (I don't now it it's forbiden to give names), it should be legit.

What do you guys think?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    When a traded pokemon evolves, you can change its name.

Octillery lost it's japanise name after evolving. This is just a funny glitch that happens for some odd reason.

Hyrukiller

Pokemerchant
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Peru
    • Seen Dec 10, 2011
    When a traded pokemon evolves, you can change its name.

Octillery lost it's japanise name after evolving. This is just a funny glitch that happens for some odd reason.

Thank you for the class! Everyday I learn something knew.

Well... what a pitty that octilley lost its japanessee name. I love those funny characters on the pokemon nicknames. So... I hope my japanessee shieldon don't lose its name.

Thanks. =)

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure it's because the English (or whatever language) version of the game doesn't know Octillery's name in Japanese, so it either has to give it the English one or keep it as the Japanese name for Remoraid; so it goes with the former.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    ^^^ Wow glad to hear that, though I wish that rule applied to all pokemon traded over.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back