• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Nicknames that you fell in love with

Years
  • I once received a Goomy via Wondertrade that was called like this: '~'
    I found it pretty funny 'cause it really looked like Goomy's face :D

The only other I can remember is a Froslass name Frostitude.
    I have to confess that it made me laugh a bit.

I'm always surprised when I see the French or Japanese names. I still have problems with the english ones though I see them more often.
    And I always wonder what some people might think when they see our german names for some Pokemon :D
    Some of them are so weird...

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Everytime I think a nickname is funny it turns to be it's actually the name of this Pokemon but in a different language.

Recently happened with Glumanda... The German name for Charmander.

RetroFanatic

Warlock
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    I'm a bit surprised I haven't encountered more pokes from WT/GTS with nicknames.

I saw a ton of them yesterday. A lot of them used profanity as names and such. Ok. I can accept that if they're a pain to catch but maybe not so fun for the other person to get it with such names.

And a lot of them seemed to come from the same person.

ZenonPrototype

Prodigy of Ice
    Years
  • I did get a Bisharp via WT that was called Knight. At first, I didn't like it because they literally just dubbed him as a different chess piece, so I sent him away, but now, all of my Pokemon have a sort of medieval ring to all of them. Thanks, Knight.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • I receive a Blaziken before and her name was hot leg... The name is pretty weird so i trade a male one with my big bro and i get another weird name, i got male Blaziken with a name hot butts...haha~ *cried out aloud*

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • I recieved through the GTS a Wobbuffet called " This Guy" which I found kinda funny.

My favourite though, was a Squirtle nicknamed "Thud" that I got via Wondertrade. It was level 1 in a Premier Ball when I got it and I liked it so much it became a permanent member of my team and it's now a level 100 Blastoise.
    I give all my Pokemon nicknames, I don't necessarily have favourites among them, but I'm always thrilled to recieve trades with nicknames.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    i nicknamed my female pikachu lola, now if i raise a pikachu it has to be female with lola as the name

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I have tried to give my main Team Pokemon each a nickname. My personal favorite is my female Dedenne in Y; Bon Bon. French, fits pretty nicely. Sorta inspired by Bon Bon from MLP Tales. I plan on making a little yellow mystery dungeon style bandana with Bon Bon's cutie mark for my Dedenne plush :3

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I got a shiny Fennekin that had the nickname Kinniekin. I like it, it is cute :)

Years
  • Got a Female Volcarona through wonder trade called Pyrax, which is a pretty good name i think.

But my personal favorite is the female Charmander Snickers I got through wonder trade, and she knows some cool egg moves :)

Jarachie

Shocking, isn't it?
    Years
  • I named my Abomasnow, Blizardian, my Rapidash, Infernasis. My Carabink Dia-crystal. Yanmega Skyfly. Delphox, Phox.

SlightlyWinged

Hyped for OR/AS!
    Years
  • I always give my nicknames, in fact it's a pet peeve of mine that most of the time Pokemon you get from events can't be nicknamed. D:

I usually give my Pokemon names based on an aspect of their species. I often make up personalities/characters of the Pokemon I catch, and sometimes I name them based on that.

Here are a few of my favorites:
    Kerosene the Arcanine: I imagine my Arcanine is very short-tempered, and prone to burst at the smallest slight. Similar to how Kerosene can blow with the slightest spark. Plus, Kerosene sounds cooler than naming him Gasoline or something. XD

Femur the Marowak: The femur is the biggest bone in the body, and also the hardest one to break.

Damien the Houndoom: Damien is often seen as a demonic name, and Houndoom resembles a Hellhound.

Mari the Banette: The first four letters of "Marionette", as some people say Banette looks like a puppet on invisible strings.

Orion the Luxray: When I first caught a Shinx, the blue and black color scheme, not to mention the little star shaped tail, made me think it was space themed. So I named him after the famous constellation, Orion. :)

Cairo the Lucario: Lucario is based off an Anubis, which comes from Egypt. Cairo can also be an anagram of the last five letters of Lucario.

Cupid the Sylveon: Do I really have to explain this? It's a fairy type that evolves based on how much affection it has. How could I name him anything else? :D

Years
  • Dabradar for a Charmeleon in Red that my cousin gave to me and always named the Charmander line that ever since. Also Flubber for Mantine that I traded my friend in Pearl

Trickori

A Gen 5 Hipster
    Years
  • I got a Milotic named "Hathor" from wonder trade and despite Hathor being a goddess of the home and childbirth, the name just seemed to fit. The "Hath" part of the name resembled a snake's hiss and I think milotics are gorgeous enough to be named after goddesses :) I love her, got her to level 100 even lol.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • A Youtuber whose channel I watch has some really good ones that are so catchy, he sometimes slips and calls other people's pokes by his own nicknames.

My favorites are:

Wandissimo the Delphox
    Kumonga the Galvantula
    Becuz Bunnies! the Azumarill

He's also battled against some really good nomers, there was this cat with an Aggron named Sir Ironhead.

ΩRαS

Creepin' up in Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2015
    The one nickname that I fell in love with that I received from either Wonder Trade or a trade on the PSS (I can't remember) was given to a Phantump that evolved into Trevenant after trading, it's name was MourningWood!

I couldn't stop laughing and used it to breed my own 'MourningWood' for one of my competitive teams!

Back