• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Nicknames

Status
Not open for further replies.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I always nickname my Pokemon. I had Castor the Gengar, who I resurrected from Gen I to Gen III. Kind of a random name, like a playoff of Casper the ghost, but not quite there yet. Kind of.

There was Atlas the Swampert from Emerald, Mosley the Snorlax, and those are all I can remember really. Usually, I just give out random words by typing in random ones and see which letters form to things that sound like names. Of course, Atlas was from mythology and I totally stole him.

Lava_Princess

Princess of Everything Burning
    Years
    I only nickname the Pokemon I'm actually going to use.
    My Lucario's name is Horatio, just because I think it fits. My Dragonite is Miriam because it's a female and I was at a loss as to what to name a female Dragonite. My Charizard is Vance. My Metagross is Omega and my Golurk is Xi because I usually name my genderless Pokemon after the Greek alphabet, and my Gyarados is Lien, Chinese for Lotus.
    Spoiler:

I have a bunch of other nicknames but that's my usual party.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    In Alpha Sapphire I name my Swampert Petrichor, there is no specific reason behind the nickname besides the definition,being "the earthy scent produced when rain falls on dry soil." and Swampert being Water/Ground. So i thought Petrichor would be fitting

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    I usually don't nickname my Pokemon, but once in a blue moon I just spontaneously go with it. Usually these are Pokemon designed for specific roles, e.g. breeding, training, HMs, etc.

Most recently I nicknamed a perfect 6IV Adamant Smeargle (moveset: False Swipe, Spore, Soak, Simple Beam) I bred for catching purposes "Happy Trees." Anyone who was on the Bob Ross train would know.

I have a Venasaur I use for spam horde EV-training (moveset: Earthquake, Petal Blizzard, Sweet Scent, Protect) nicknamed "Effortsaur." Ultimate creativity >_>.

I have a perfect 6IV Adamant Talonflame I use for egg-hatching nicknamed "Incubatress" considering she's essentially a portable incubator.

I have a Noivern I use specifically for spreading Pokerus... and it's nicknamed... "Pokérus." Whoopie >_>. I have a ton of other Pokemon currently infected with Pokerus, but it's easier for me to just stick with one to do the happy disease spreading.

I also have an army of Dittos named after their natures: Adaman-Dit, Mod-Dit, Jolly-Dit, Timi-Dit, Hardy-Dit, Imp-Dit, etc.

Years
    Shiny Sandslash named Bloodshot. I mean, look at this bloody red spikes, it looks like a killer.
    My shiny Glaceon is named Lorelei. E4 member from Kanto that has Ice-type Pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back