• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition/Pokemon Conquest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I first heard about this game through Bulbanews.

I'm more of a main series player so spin-offs don't impress me.

Fingers crossed the next game announcement is Grey or R/S remakes.

Years
  • The characters' costumes look like gijinkas to me. And the game is quite similar to the Rangers franchise. I was initially hoping for a 3rd Gen PMD with BW Pokemon, but this looks very fun too. The battle system is something I've never played in before. Looks so fun, I'm gonna tell all my Pokefan friends~ ^^

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • This spin-off game beats the mystery dungeon, pokepark, rumble blast and ranger games. I am really excited to get this game!

marcc5m

what
    Years

• You would prefer a Black and White re-release over something innovative and new for the franchise? Really what is so special about Grey? Am I missing something here? And of course it doesn't look like a traditional Pokemon game. It's a crossover for heaven's sake.

I think this looks great. I always wondered how a Pokemon Strategy RPG would turn out.

Yeah I would.
    I don't like this.
    DON'T
    And I'm pretty sure I'm entitled to my opinion. I'm not a big fan of spin-offs and I'm not a big fan of crossovers and I'm not a big fan of characters in a Pokémon game that look like they should be in idk Naruto or something.
    Therefore I'm not a big fan of this. Not even a medium fan.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • This looks like a game for me. I love SRPGs like Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics and Shining Force and I've actually thought about making this kinda Pokémon board game as a kid. I think I even started making it but never finished it. Don't know why they decided to make it for DS as there's 3DS now but it doesn't really matter.

Years
  • Yeah I would.
    I don't like this.
    DON'T
    And I'm pretty sure I'm entitled to my opinion. I'm not a big fan of spin-offs and I'm not a big fan of crossovers and I'm not a big fan of characters in a Pokémon game that look like they should be in idk Naruto or something.
    Therefore I'm not a big fan of this. Not even a medium fan.
    No one's saying you're not entitled to your own opinion. And yeah, I kind of got a feeling that you DON'T like this from your previous post. .-.

What I find odd is that you're already assuming this game is "crappy" when we have hardly any details on it when it comes to gameplay. Then you claim it doesn't look like a Pokemon game, which baffles me to no end. I'm not saying you should like it, I couldn't care less, but I don't know why you're so quick to hate a game we know so little about.

Regardless, I appreciate this news and if the gameplay is solid I'll support the The Pokemon Company for their great decision.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • I really don't see any reason to hate this game at all. Finally, a Pokemon game is being created that doesn't seem to be marketed straight at 10-year-olds. This game is using a format (SRPG) that we already know is fun--if you've played Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics you know what I mean. And even if spin-offs or SRPGs aren't your thing, it isn't like Pokemon is abandoning the main series games so there is no need to be angry. Gray or a 6th gen game is obviously coming eventually. I'm only disappointed that this game is coming out on the DS and not the 3DS. Nintendo needs a good Pokemon game to help out the 3DS system, so I'm not sure what they were thinking there.

Fireworks, you are being really immature and overly vocal about your opinion, that's why people are calling you out on it. Your posts are like a person going into a restaurant and freaking out at the manager when they only serve Pepsi instead of Coke.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
  • Im not generally a fan of spins offs, but in my opinion, nothing that pokemon company has ever attached its name to has been crappy so I think fireworks comments are a bit hasty considering the small snippet we were given.

Zeus

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • I love tactics games! I always wanted to see a Pokemon version of this. Can't wait for more news!

I really don't see any reason to hate this game at all. Finally, a Pokemon game is being created that doesn't seem to be marketed straight at 10-year-olds. This game is using a format (SRPG) that we already know is fun--if you've played Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics you know what I mean. And even if spin-offs or SRPGs aren't your thing, it isn't like Pokemon is abandoning the main series games so there is no need to be angry. Gray or a 6th gen game is obviously coming eventually. I'm only disappointed that this game is coming out on the DS and not the 3DS. Nintendo needs a good Pokemon game to help out the 3DS system, so I'm not sure what they were thinking there.

Fireworks, you are being really immature and overly vocal about your opinion, that's why people are calling you out on it. Your posts are like a person going into a restaurant and freaking out at the manager when they only serve Pepsi instead of Coke.
    I'm kinda glad to see appearing on the regular ds, as I don't own a 3ds. Let's hope they do the same to this thing like they did with the first mystery dungeon games!

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • I would have rathered this be grey or the R/S/E remakes but this look pretty promising. It reminds me of the Final Fantasy Tactics games. I loved them.

Wondering if it's DS or 3DS, it looked like DS but not sure. Maybe both. Also I'm hoping this is released outside of Japan.

And guys lay off Fireworks, he's allowed his own opinion on the game and if he dosen't like it and it's a good game it's his loss. Don't turn this thread in a big flame war about opinions and stuff.

marcc5m

what
    Years

• No one's saying you're not entitled to your own opinion. And yeah, I kind of got a feeling that you DON'T like this from your previous post. .-.

What I find odd is that you're already assuming this game is "crappy" when we have hardly any details on it when it comes to gameplay. Then you claim it doesn't look like a Pokemon game, which baffles me to no end. I'm not saying you should like it, I couldn't care less, but I don't know why you're so quick to hate a game we know so little about.

Ah, but when everyone posts to say that I should like the game, including you, I do have to say time after time that I DON'T like it.

I don't "hate" it. But I think the character designs are crappy and way too out-there for my liking. The reason I don't play many Japanese games other than Pokémon is because, more often than not, I don't like the characters.

I really don't see any reason to hate this game at all. Finally, a Pokemon game is being created that doesn't seem to be marketed straight at 10-year-olds.

Except maybe the fact that the people are all gijinkas and the aim of the game is to "take over Japan"?

Not really, I just love Coke.

Im not generally a fan of spins offs, but in my opinion, nothing that pokemon company has ever attached its name to has been crappy so I think fireworks comments are a bit hasty considering the small snippet we were given.

Zeus

Except the Sinnoh series of the anime.

And guys lay off Fireworks, he's allowed his own opinion on the game and if he dosen't like it and it's a good game it's his loss. Don't turn this thread in a big flame war about opinions and stuff.

Thank you, it's nice to know that one person has common sense.

Now, when I said I don't like this game, I was basing it on the information we currently have. It could be an amazing game but as it stands I just don't get it. That is my opinion. Okay? Okay. Case closed. Let's all go skip into the rainbows singing happy songs or riding unicorns or something idk

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    i will never get or try this game. imo it looks like another stupid mystery dungeon game. except they added some features whoop ded doo. i hate this pokemon game already.

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
  • [SIZE="a"]I really hope this makes it outside of Japan. I want to understand the story, and I've been looking for a FF Tactics kind of game for a while.[/SIZE]

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Pretty sure there are people who are going to complain that its not a Pokemon game and Pokemon shouldn't be involved in something like this. But not me. Would LOVE to try this game out!

Years
  • i will never get or try this game. imo it looks like another stupid mystery dungeon game. except they added some features whoop ded doo. i hate this pokemon game already.
    How does it look like a PMD when there's nothing about Pokemon transforming into humans and fighting in dungeons? The best comparison is probably Pokemon Rangers, in this case.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Except maybe the fact that the people are all gijinkas and the aim of the game is to "take over Japan"?

While I agree that you're entitled to your own opinion, however brashly you'd like to state it (you probably wouldn't be getting so much backlash if you had chosen to express your discontent in a more civil manner), you're wrong about gijinkas. These are existing characters.

How does it look like a PMD when there's nothing about Pokemon transforming into humans and fighting in dungeons? The best comparison is probably Pokemon Rangers, in this case.

I think people who say that didn't actually read about the game and just watched the trailer. I was so confused as to why people kept comparing it to PMD until I saw the trailer and if they hadn't read before that it's a strategy game they could mistake it for that.

moonlightning

Bird Of Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    Taking over Japan?

Code Geass.

SRRPG Style Combat with Humans and Pokemon?

Devil Survivor

Code Geass + Devil Survivor + Pokemon?

Can't wait.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    That's a very...strange connection to make.

People have been fighting their fellow man for control over their country for thousands of years. Comparing a game based around the period of civil war in 16th century Japan to a show about Japanese people fighting an invading superpower is kind of off by a couple of hundred years of world history.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back