• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon not gaining EXP at all!?

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2012
    I need help on this problem I'm having. I'm testing out the battles, and when I defeat a wild pokemon or my rival. I don't earn any EXP from it, can somebody explain why? My pkmn are lvl 5's and the pokemon I'm up against are lvl 6-13

The Pokemon Essential Version I'm using is 8, and this is what I tried resolving the problem.
    I transfer data from my last game to the newer version and I also tried copy and pasting the code and none of them work.
    All I get from defeating a pkmn is "Wild ---- Fainted" and then the battle ends without giving me any EXP. The money works and stuff but not the exp..

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2013
    Ok i came across the same problem this is how to fix.

it is to do with the file Pokémon in the pbs folder, it's the base exp part within each Pokémon. why I'm not Shure myself but I do know that copying and pasting a pbs Pokémon file from a different game/version won't work. what will work is going through and retyping each base exp number and pressing save I have tried this and it works.
    try it yourself with the first one on the list bulbasuar the base exp on bulbasaur is 65 so delete 65 and retype 65 and press save then in game do a trainer battle against bulbasaur to see if it worked.
    Iknow that it will take awile doing it this way but its worth it I think.

#EDIT- Ok i dont think you have to change all of the base exp now just change bulbasaurs and press save. i only changed the first five and now every pokemon gains exp
    i hope this helps.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2012
    it works but the problem is, I have to change EVERY Pokemons base Exp -___-

Back