• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon of the Day : Kingdra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokedra

Retired
Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I'll be analyising a Pokemon every 2-3 days. They are not copied from Smogon and feel free to argue against my points. If you want a Pokemon done please PM me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I decided to start off with my favourite Pokemon. Kingdra is one tough little seahorse. Often bashed for its movepool, it finally shines in Pokemon Platinum gaining Outrage which really helps. She/he will not let you down if you choose to add him/her to your team.
    Pokemon of the Day : Kingdra

Information
    Name : Kingdra
    Item : Life Orb
    Preferred Nature : Adamant
    EV : (252 ATK, 24 HP, 240 SPD)
    Tier : OU

Stats :
    HP : 75
    ATK : 95
    DEF : 95
    SP ATK : 95
    SP DEF : 95
    SPD : 85

Moveset
    -Outrage
    -Dragon Dance
    -Waterfall
    -Yawn
    No complaints from me, Kingdra is bulky and can take a hit and it can also dish out a fair amount of damage. It recently got moved to OU and I'm really happy. It deserves it and I've been using this seahorse since R/S days.

This Kingdra works well as a lead. Kingdra is bulky and even with no EV investments in its defenses can take a hit pretty well.

Dragon Dance is obvious, it boosts Kingdra's Speed and raises its Attack. The EV's will give you 317 ATK and 264 SPD which is decent and after a DD it can outrun Jolteon and Crobat.

Outrage is deadly and after a DD can damage what were once considered walls to Kingdra. Blissey takes alot of damage from this and so does Snorlax. 120 power + Life Orb + 317 ATK + STAB + Dragon Dance is no laughing matter and it will OHKO Garchomp if he wants to switch in.

Waterfall is powerful as well and will deal with Fire types like Infernape and walls like Hippowdon. It has a chance to flinch which pops up sometimes so put it to good use.

Counters
    I used the standard DD set I think. Not many Pokemon can switch into it without taking a heavy hit. Skarmory doesn't take too much from Outrage but it can't really damage Kingdra either. Empoleon can come in and is resistant to all its attacks and can hit back with Ice Beam however Outrage 2HKO's him.

Final Comments
    This Pokemon is just awesome and I recommend you to use him/her. Its movepool isn't the best but its good at what it does.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    As cool as this set is, i really dont see what a whole thread just for one pokemon moveset serves.

Also I like how you tried to bypass moderator validation via posting in another forum to deliberately get it moved here since your last "pokemon of the day" wasnt approved. So im gonna lock this because if you read the rules in S+M, you should know where this sort of thing goes, aka in the "Request a Team / Individual Move Set Thread" and you can get it criticized there.

~Thread Locked~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back