• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon: Old Amber

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2020
    Mareanie's ability Merciless does not work. Could you please fix it?

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    New version 0.11 uploaded with the following bugs fixed:

1. Newer TMs no longer function like HMs

2. Kurt's dialogue bug has been fixed

Since the TM/HM issue can cause problems when trying to delete moves, I highly recommend downloading this new version. This issue only affected a few TMs, but they are some good ones.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    hi i just start playing the game it looks great but i found 2 bugs in goldenroot city market in floor 3 and 5
    and i have swadloon lvl 27 and still not evolved until now however i use groom girl 3 times on her
    how to evolve her?

The grooming girl only raised happiness points by 5 each time. Most people gain happiness by walking around with their pokemon while playing the game. The grooming is meant to give a pokemon a small boost to help them get that last little bit of happiness. It's much more useful when the pokemon was caught by a friend ball, since it just needs a little push. Alternatively, you can also buy Amica Berries in Violet City, but it's about the same amount of happiness there.

Also, thanks for pointing out the Goldenrod Department Store bug. It turned out to be a missing comma. Thanks. It's fixed now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    As of alpha version 0.16, Oricorio's Dancer ability now works correctly. I should note that the nectar used to change Oricorio's forms is sold in the Goldenrod Department Store.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    ---------------------------
    Pokémon Old Amber
    [Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `effects' for #<PokeBattle_Battle:0xc99eea8>

PokeBattle_Battler:693:in `pbSpeed'

PokeBattle_AI:2932:in `pbRoughStat'

PokeBattle_AI:108:in `pbGetMoveScore'

PokeBattle_AI:3889:in `pbChooseMoves'

PokeBattle_AI:3887:in `each'

PokeBattle_AI:3887:in `pbChooseMoves'

PokeBattle_AI:4323:in `pbDefaultChooseEnemyCommand'

PokeBattle_Scene:2786:in `pbChooseEnemyCommand'

PokeBattle_Battle:2618:in `pbCommandPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:2613:in `each'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\brand\Saved Games\Pokémon Old Amber\errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK
    is error i get when fighting LT Sarge( i believe is his name) on his last pokemon. can not switch out my pokemon at all. how can i get past this in order to beat the game. any help will be greatfull

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Pokémon Old Amber

OK
    is error i get when fighting LT Sarge( i believe is his name) on his last pokemon. can not switch out my pokemon at all. how can i get past this in order to beat the game. any help will be greatfull

OK, that's an Alolan Raichu. I'm going to investigate this and fix it. I suspect it may have something to do with the multiple forms issue. By any chance, did you encounter any problems with the Mahogany Town gym? The gym leader Pryce uses two Alolan forms.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Pokémon Old Amber

OK

I got it fixed. It was a syntax error with Alolan Raichu's Surge Surfer ability. The latest alpha version 0.18 will have it working.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2024
    So, after beating the rival in Azalea, and she gave me the pager dialogue, when the dialogue ended she would turn and freeze in place. I couldn't do anything and had to restart. After this happened several times, I realized she was probably getting stuck on where her Gible was because she hadn't walked downwards at all. So I tried again several steps lower and it worked fine. Just something you might want to adjust in the future. Maybe trade their places so she has nothing to get stuck on?

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    So, after beating the rival in Azalea, and she gave me the pager dialogue, when the dialogue ended she would turn and freeze in place. I couldn't do anything and had to restart. After this happened several times, I realized she was probably getting stuck on where her Gible was because she hadn't walked downwards at all. So I tried again several steps lower and it worked fine. Just something you might want to adjust in the future. Maybe trade their places so she has nothing to get stuck on?

Thanks for catching that. I fixed it in Alpha version 0.19.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I was just trying it out for the first time, and I got to the point where you fight your rival's Gible(Also, screw Dragon Rage Spammers). After I beat the battle and got the Abra Pager, though, the game softlocked.

all my rival did was just turn after the conversation was over and I wasn't able to move or access the inventory.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    I was just trying it out for the first time, and I got to the point where you fight your rival's Gible(Also, screw Dragon Rage Spammers). After I beat the battle and got the Abra Pager, though, the game softlocked.

all my rival did was just turn after the conversation was over and I wasn't able to move or access the inventory.

Do you have the latest version of the game? It should be fixed by version 0.19. You can tell if you have at least this version if there is a rock directly to the right of your rival. Alternatively, if you don't feel like downloading the latest version, you can also try approaching your rival's line of sight just a little bit lower down on the screen, so she won't be blocked by her Gible. I still recommend upgrading though because there are some other improvements in later versions.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2020
    Hey. Thanks for the game. I've been enjoying a few of the changes so far. I have a few issues though, first being I'm sort of lost/stuck. I started the game a few days ago and, after beating falkner (assuming I'm supposed to go to azalea town), I was going through union cave and there's just no path forward. Just after the first hiker, the way ahead requires Surf, which I don't have. What am I supposed to do? On a smaller note, aren't Sitrus Berries meant to replenish 30HP or does this game purposely change that? Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Hey. Thanks for the game. I've been enjoying a few of the changes so far. I have a few issues though, first being I'm sort of lost/stuck. I started the game a few days ago and, after beating falkner (assuming I'm supposed to go to azalea town), I was going through union cave and there's just no path forward. Just after the first hiker, the way ahead requires Surf, which I don't have. What am I supposed to do? On a smaller note, aren't Sitrus Berries meant to replenish 30HP or does this game purposely change that? Thanks.

I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. As for surfing, you are actually given a surfboard at the beginning of the game by your mom. It should be in your key items bag. You should just be able to walk up to a body of water and press Enter. If, for some reason, that isn't working for you, you can select the surfboard from your bag.

As for Sitrus Berries, that actually changed in Gen IV. It now restores 25% of HP.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Love the game so far (only gotten 2 the third gym).

The thing that stood out to me though is that the poke center and the houses and city's/roads/cave are kind of feel a bit empty, like there are large areas where there is nothing but floor. I am not sure if this is by design or not.

Back