• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon: Old Amber

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Newest version v0.29 nerfs Eevee's special moves due to how insanely overpowered they were. I am referring to the moves from Let's Go Eevee. The problem was that it could use those moves AFTER evolving, which just made these eeveelutions overpowered. Base power of these moves has been changed from 90 to 40. Still powerful, but not ridiculous.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    No, I haven't.

Neither have I, so I'm not sure how difficult that would be from a technical perspective. The easiest method would likely be to just have multiple versions of the same game in different languages rather than trying to implement a language select feature. I think there are some software programs that can help expedite the process but I haven't used any before.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2019
    Neither have I, so I'm not sure how difficult that would be from a technical perspective. The easiest method would likely be to just have multiple versions of the same game in different languages rather than trying to implement a language select feature. I think there are some software programs that can help expedite the process but I haven't used any before.
    Then when I will learn it, I will message you. :smile:

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2019
    Seems that you are unable to change item tabs in battle. My game is stuck on the ball screen, which is worthless in trainer battles. Makes it impossible to use any healing or other items.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Seems that you are unable to change item tabs in battle. My game is stuck on the ball screen, which is worthless in trainer battles. Makes it impossible to use any healing or other items.

That's by design. One of the things that makes this game different is that trainers cannot use items during battle. Of course, that means you opponent trainers also cannot use items on their pokemon either, so it's still a level playing field. The reason for this is to prevent a player with lots of money from just using that to spam healing items until they win a difficult battle. However, your pokemon can still use held items such as berries.

Items used by trainers = NOT allowed
    Items used by the pokemon themselves = allowed

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Alpha Version 0.30 update

I've resisted adding in new regional variants other than the Alolan forms, but I've just added in another. I made an Electric/Psychic variant of the Porygon tree. If you don't want this to be a part of your game, it's completely optional. If you are interested, I've added a third scientist at the lab in Pewter City. He will transform your Porygon, Porygon2, or Porygon-Z into an Electric/Psychic type.

I'm curious to see how this is received, and I may make a few more variants before I declare this game officially "finished". I intend to be very sparing with this though because I don't really like changing a bunch of stuff with pokemon designs. In the case of Porygon though, I was always irritated by the fact that it's considered a Normal type when there's nothing normal about it.

The Pokedex says Porygon is made entirely of computer code. So not only would that make it an Electric type, but it would make Porygon LITERALLY THE MOST ELECTRIC TYPE POKEMON EVER. The secondary Psychic typing is due to the fact that computer code is inherently communicative. Rather than being an arrangement of random electrical signals, it's an arrangement that has actual meaning. Also, Porygon can learn plenty of Electric and Psychic moves, so this typing just made sense to me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Alpha Version 0.31 update

In addition to Porygon, I also added variant forms for Gengar, Dragonite, Spiritomb, and the Drifloon tree. The library in Violet City will have hints as to how to obtain them. Some will require evolutionary stones, but they won't be consumed when you change forms.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2020
    Hello I just started your game the graphics are not bad but your game seem to miss mega evolution, events, dialogues, stories and lots of stuff. It's just a simple pokemon game I only earn a badge but I find it a bit boring

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Hello I just started your game the graphics are not bad but your game seem to miss mega evolution, events, dialogues, stories and lots of stuff. It's just a simple pokemon game I only earn a badge but I find it a bit boring

Generation 1 and 2 games tended to stay out of the player's way and let them traverse the game world on their own. More recent games like X/Y and Sun/Moon have gone to the other extreme and hold players' hands every step of the way.

This game is intended to be more old school style. I understand though that this doesn't appeal to everyone, but that's OK. Niche tastes are the reason why fan games exist in the first place. I won't be offended if this game isn't what you are looking for in a fan game.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Release timeline update

This game has been in Completed status for a while now. There's a reason I haven't moved it to Released status just yet. I plan to include Generation 8 pokemon.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Release timeline update

This game has been in Completed status for a while now. There's a reason I haven't moved it to Released status just yet. I plan to include Generation 8 pokemon.
    Actually, the Released status is for games that have a release, but aren't completed yet. The Completed status is for games that are finished, or at least have their main story finished.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Actually, the Released status is for games that have a release, but aren't completed yet. The Completed status is for games that are finished, or at least have their main story finished.

Thank you. For some reason, I had been under the opposite impression, but after looking into this matter further, I see that you're right.

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    picked up this game early last week and im loving it so far........... tho i gotta admit having the goldenrod department store have as vast an assortment of items that it does seems rather OP especially with the battle items like the typical competetive ones (lefties, the choice trio, life/toxic orb and the like) that and the fact u can get an amulet coin there as well feels kinda wrong, not the mention the ability to effectively fly by the time you leave for goldenrod.................... dont get me wrong im not trying to hate on the game or anything but it just feels that having access to all of these items that are usually found mid to late game at such an early point feels kinda gamebreaking

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    picked up this game early last week and im loving it so far........... tho i gotta admit having the goldenrod department store have as vast an assortment of items that it does seems rather OP especially with the battle items like the typical competetive ones (lefties, the choice trio, life/toxic orb and the like) that and the fact u can get an amulet coin there as well feels kinda wrong, not the mention the ability to effectively fly by the time you leave for goldenrod.................... dont get me wrong im not trying to hate on the game or anything but it just feels that having access to all of these items that are usually found mid to late game at such an early point feels kinda gamebreaking

That's a good point, and something I was kind of worried about. The game is still in alpha. I may move some of the better items to the Celadon department store in a future update. I may also up the prices. This is great feedback and I really appreciate it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Alpha version 0.34 fixes a bug with Sweet Scent and Flash that could cause game to crash.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2019
    Two errors. This is in an older version so I am not sure they were fixed recently or not.

First, Octillery learns a blank move when it evolves from Remoraid at level 25. The move is literally a blank slot and just erases the move that you choose to replace.

Second, the below message came up in a battle between a Venipede and my Zubat. Zubat was using contact moves, so I'm guessing it had something to do with Poison Point triggering.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Two errors. This is in an older version so I am not sure they were fixed recently or not.

First, Octillery learns a blank move when it evolves from Remoraid at level 25. The move is literally a blank slot and just erases the move that you choose to replace.

Second, the below message came up in a battle between a Venipede and my Zubat. Zubat was using contact moves, so I'm guessing it had something to do with Poison Point triggering.
    Spoiler:

This was a really good bug report. I appreciate it a lot.

1. As for the Octillery issue, it is supposed to learn Octazooka when it evolves. It looks like there was a typo in the move's definition. I fixed it for the latest version 0.35.

2. For the Poison Point issue, I believe I fixed that a while ago. Just to be sure though, I staged a battle between my Yanma and a Venipede until I successfully triggered Poison Point to poison my Yanma.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Alpha version 0.37 IMPORTANT UPDATE

Based on some feedback I've gotten, the way in which Eevee's evolutions has been handled hasn't been very popular, so this latest update greatly simplifies it. Previously, you had to teach an Eevee a special move from Let's Go Eevee in order to evolve it. Now, you simply use the required evolution stone. The Eevee trainer on Route 5 can still teach these special moves from Let's Go Eevee to your evolved Eevee if you wish, but it is no longer required. This pokemon also no longer needs perfect IVs either, since the base power of these moves has been nerfed from 90 to 40.

Here are the required stones:

Vaporeon = Water Stone
    Flareon = Fire Stone
    Jolteon = Thunder Stone
    Espeon = Dawn Stone
    Umbreon = Dusk Stone
    Leafeon = Leaf Stone
    Glaceon = Ice Stone
    Sylveon = Moon Stone

Back