• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon: Old Amber

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Hey nice game been enjoying it so far , just wondering if there is a way to get pokemons with their hidden abilities like Gyarados or Salamence with Moxie .

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Looks like a great hack. Does it have most of the new features? Such as physical/special spilt, bbw repel system, reusable tms..ect?

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    yes , also the share all exp is so good especially when you give all your 6 pokemons lucky eggs

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    What level does fomantis evolve at? Cause usually it's 34 but mine is lvl 37 and hasn't evolved.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    when i try to evolve my spritzee holding a SATCHET i get the following crash (sorry couldn't insert the image properly)

https://i.gyazo.com/5f0fc84f5d6b985e025e1b4e8d5d708e.png

Sorry about that. I looked into it and it looks like I had a typo in the condition. I had written "Satchet" instead of "Sachet" as it should be. I corrected it in the most recent update v1.1.13 today. It should work in the latest version.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    What level does fomantis evolve at? Cause usually it's 34 but mine is lvl 37 and hasn't evolved.

Officially, Fomantis only evolves during the daytime. Now that you bring this up though, I went ahead and changed it so that it can also evolve at night in the latest version 1.1.13.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Hey nice game been enjoying it so far , just wondering if there is a way to get pokemons with their hidden abilities like Gyarados or Salamence with Moxie .

Thanks! There is a way but it's locked until you become the Champion, just so it wouldn't be too easy. In Celadon City, there is a person who can unlock the hidden ability of your pokemon. Once you switch to a hidden ability though, there is no going back.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Is there a cheat list? I found the mailbox that allows you to cheat in the game?

There is. I would discourage you from using it though just because it takes away all of the fun. It is really there because I have done like 20+ playthroughs of the game for testing purposes, and needed a way to expedite that.

There are two cheat codes. If you really want to use them, they are "MASTERBALL" and "RARECANDY". I'm sure you can guess what they do.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    I am just starting this fan game, its amazing so far but for some odd reason I am stuck in Union Cave....this wall is blocking me. Do I need to go back to Pro. Elm or something? @.@

dest

Boneash
    Years
  • So far I'm right bevore the first Gym now and found several issues that are not really urgent for the most part but should still be adressed sooner or later...
    Locations should be obvious, the routes are visable in the screenshots.

1. Somewhere in this thread I've read that you removed the special ways to evolve Eevee, however your starting post and the library (the shelf where I'm standing) still tells you othervise. You really should update both... or is that still correct for the current version and you did something again? I'm getting mixed signals here, please clearify.
    Spoiler:

You should also do something about the black background of the library, that just makes the whole thing seem incomplete... there should be at least some sort of eye candy or at least any form of background for a building.

2. This treeline inconsitency just bothers me for some reason...
    Spoiler:

3. I don't think I'm supposed to be able to stand there or the image layer is just messed up. I'm still on the ground behind the house, not on top of it as the screenshot suggests. So, just a little graphical glitch. Happens with all houses of that kind so far.
    Spoiler:

4. You can walk the whole horizontal line at that point, I don't think you are supposed to be able to...
    Spoiler:

5. Maybe it's just a huge coincidence, but I've met several Dinos in the dark cave and all of them (at least those that I tested that on, ~6-7) never bothered to use their Takle vs my Ralts... (tested ~ 15+-2 turns each) all they did was spam Focus Energy and Dragon Rage, thus not doing anything... not sure if there is any mechanic at work I'm missing here.
    As setup, I go in there with a lonely Synchronize Ralts in order to farm a somewhat decent Sandile to use with the Smak Down TM I discovered there^^
    Is there a reason why a somewhat common thing linke that is so much more rare than anything else in that cave? In 1 hour I met 2, while I got about a dozend Dinos at the same time, I thought those would be much more uncommon...
    Well, at least I've got some flame body for egg farming later in the meantime. I expect Riolu to be ultra rare, so no bother, but I hope for a Magby at a somewhat decent chance at least in order to be able to farm? Is there a documentation anywhere I could look up the chances?

edit: nvm the eggs, I hit the jackpot with those and got both, Magby and Riolu, both modest, both with "fantastic" special attack, the latter even with a superior rating ... with only 1.5 hours farming
    I really like the rating guy, makes decitiions so much easier without using outside sources.
    Now I just need 1 more team member for my planned team to be complete, I want to try out the Water Dragonite ... let's hope that works like described in those books.
    Spoiler:

edit2:
    6. I'm sure I'm not supposed to be able to walk through that wall...
    Spoiler:

edit3:
    7. It's official, I'm a ghost ... I can walk through both of these buildings and the lamp post...
    Spoiler:

And after robbing the game corner blank I decided to go in the woods outside of the park. Said park and the routes until the next town are awfully emty though, where are all the npcs and trainers?
    Spoiler:

Also in Ecruteak you can't go into any of the houses...

8. The border of route 40 to 41 is so sharp, it even cuts rocks...
    Spoiler:

Also on the right of 41 the water just turns into a visable black borger within sight, should't be that way.

Last edited:

dest

Boneash
    Years
  • New post since this error is actually worth noting a bit more. After the move seen in the screen was used by the opponent. Current Version of the game.
    Pokemon: Old Amber

On a side note to add to the ever growing list of bugs above, you can walk into the solid parts of the Blackthorn Dark Gym outside.

edit:
    How about we continue here... I don't think I'm supposed to be here, you can surf in the small gap of the rocks and the land to the left of the poke center.
    Spoiler:

oh, and I can walk through the table of the fan club...
    the sailor in front of the ship wont automaticly recognize that you don't have a ticket if you are in front of him ... if you are below him he will recognize it and you are stuck while your avatar tries to run the sailor over with no success...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    hello . i rly enjoy the game so far. is it possible to find some file with pkm loc of evry Route,cave,town etc (example like bellspout tower an npc saying whats the possible pkm in the tower spesific ) thanks .keep up the good work.

dest

Boneash
    Years
  • hello . i rly enjoy the game so far. is it possible to find some file with pkm loc of evry Route,cave,town etc (example like bellspout tower an npc saying whats the possible pkm in the tower spesific ) thanks .keep up the good work.
    read the start post, there's a link to a doc

I'm done with this now, here a summary ... warning, there are spoilers

The positive sites first:
    - I like the new evolution forms. Even though I only tested one, that one was a great addition. I could have gone with Kingdra as a Water/Dragon instead, but Dragonite being far more Powerfull in terms of attack was really noticeable.
    - There's also the fact, that you are able to form a really good and solid team even bevore the very first gym. You might need a lot of luck, I dedicated myself and got it^^
    - The game corner Psychic type manipulation is great. You still have to focus a bit, but it was far easier (at least for me) to get the 90 or 300 points as usual. And even if you don't get it, I never got more that -24 bevore I got an overall ++ again. From the first 20 Coins you get for free I was able to get about 8100 within 2 hours.

Unfortunately that's where the negatives come in now...
    - If that game is really complete I'm very disappointed. There is so much stuff missing or dialogs present that clearly don't belong here, from my point of view the complete tag does not belong here unless you consider being able to complete the story is the only criteria for "complete".
    - Examples include the first rocket grund in the well who tells you that the old guy startled him, like in the original games. However unlike the original games not the old man lets you in, you do it yourself. Or the girl in Olivine that tells you about the secret on the route bevore... thats' a straight up path, there are no longer 4 landmarks...
    - There are several more instances of that. Also several more instances from what I mentioned in one of my earlier posts of routes where are just trainers missing, towns where several npcs are missing and thus feels emty and uninteresting, towns where are big places full of nothing where several houses could and should be, towns with tons of random houses that can not be entered at all despite doors being shown.
    - There are several more instances of places you can just exit the map or go through walls than I mentioned in my posts bevore, I just got tired of documenting that at some point...
    - Complete events that should update places don't do so. Example: Finishing the well does not bring the slowpokes back and the npc(s) still talk about that horrible situation they are in, despite no longer being the case. Getting rid of the Gyarados in the Lake of Rage and defeating Team Rocket doesn't spawn trainers for the lake. Defeating the Rockets in the Radio Tower doesn't spawn NPCs there and the rocket music is still playing.
    - Speaking of Rockets, those really MAJOR events in the original games are just very lazily done here. Instead of several big places with tons of Rockets everywhere that makes the whole thing feel like a takeover, there's 1 minidingeon in each town with 2-3 grunts and a boss ... I did both events in less than 15 minutes where I usually take 1-2 hours in the orignal games.
    - Since there are no shinies, the Gyarados is not red, you don't get a red skin, you don't get the detector from the (not existing) npc... and in general I have at least the feeling that there are no hidden items in this game at all. I stopped exploring and looking too hard about halfeway through Jotho. Also I didn't bother to find that hidden village, because by the point I reached Kanto I completely lost interest of exploring too much because every single route up to that point had nothing interesting hidden anywhere you couldn't already see from the main path. Seriously, every single thing I can think of that makes thoroughly searching everywhere kinda interesting was terminated from this game. Just adding 1 town so late just doesn't do it if I don't even have any idea on which location to look for it. It's just not worth searching everywhere and not find ANYTHING else on failed attempts...

In a short summary I have to say for this game:
    The new mechanics and types are interesting and good, the import from the gsc games is just a major screw up. Thus I'm sorry, but I have to give that one a big downvote...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    I've had a ton of fun playing this! I finished the main story, battles, etc, and am working on finishing the Myths & Legends dex, but it seems the Whirl Islands are glitched, you just noclip through the cave entrance and walk over the top of it. That's my last legend to catch, or it wouldn't be something I'd post about. I had a real fun time playing the game. Great job!

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    Hi, I really enjoy this game but i encountered a few errors.
    Move King's Shield don't have increased priority.
    Move Topsy-Turvy causes an error that prevents it from working. It does not cause the game to crash but does nothing an causes window with errors description to pop out.
    In Cianwood Town invincible walls in water allow for one to swim on land.
    I personally really only care for the first one but i thought that i might share the rest in case they would cause some problems.
    Also is there any way to know which moveset (from which game) is any particular pokemon using ?

Back