• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Old Or New?

Pokemon Old Vs New

• Total voters

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    I preferred the old Ash it was decidedly a more amusing character actual Ash.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • This should've been titled, 'Ash: Old or New'. I was really confused when reading the title.

Well, I liked Ash in the first generation better than now. I have many reasons, but one would be that he was more of an underdog then than now.

nct28th

MY METAPOD IS HARDER LOLZ XD
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2009
    i liked the anime until master quest. i felt that the Jhoto season was drug out WAY to long. also i hate all the new voice changes they made after master quest. the new ash SUCKS.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    To tell you the truth as much as I enjoyed Ash those many years back since Kanto, I actually have grown to like the new Ash better. I think he is finally is starting to live up to the meaning of his name[Satoshi = Wise]. Plus, his Pokémon this season are not entirely bad and Paul really does seem to bring out the best in him whether some see it or not. Not to mention, Ash's new style in appearance has largely improved. His battling style has also grown as the show has continued. He is learning new styles of battling, for example the attack and spin tactic, or the spin and dodge assault. Ash has also learned to choose the right Pokémon depending on type when versing a new Gym Leader. I'd definitely say he's grown up a bit, and even though back with the old Ash he had a lot of funny moments, I still like to say I enjoy the newer Ash better. In the Hoenn Saga of the anime is when I really began to enjoy him more too, and I knew it was just the beginning of him starting to learn more about strategy.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • i liked the anime until master quest. i felt that the Jhoto season was drug out WAY to long. also i hate all the new voice changes they made after master quest. the new ash SUCKS.

The voices were changed after Advanced Battle. Anyway, I prefer "New Pokémon" since I like the characters more, especially Satoshi's, and it's more appealing to me.

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    When I hear 'old', two things come to mind: the second movie and the old voice. I prefer the old VAs overall; however, on the other hand, the 'chosen' Ash is not exactly my kind of character (uh, depthless?). It's a mixed basket.

I prefer him at the end of AG; is that considered old yet?

ShadowDeeps

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    I've ruminated upon this matter for a long time. No lots of hyperboles, it all depends on how you give definition to 'new' and 'old', in my eyes. I rather prefer the elder seasons at issue because I don't think the series ran past the inevitable exhaustion of material then. Its shell life, such as it were. But to me, something like Pokemon is never outdated but always supple. It's only outdated if you make it out to be. One could say the new series isn't as offering as the older series but I don't think you could ever make the show more offering upon face value alone. It's about vindication above all, to speak with candor (IMO). That aside, I do prefer the earlier seasons because I feel the Pokemon and characaters worked in tandem to a better working display of emotion and battles.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I just plain hate Ash in general. But, if I had to choose, I'd choose the new Ash. He's far less. . Stupid and annoying, even if he still is pretty annoying.​

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    I prefer the old one because he was somewhat ameturish

Kanto: Ameture
    Johto: somewhat better
    Hoenn: Semi Pro
    Sinnoh: He still has a lot to learn :/

I don't know so much what if it was the old ash in the 9th movie or the 10th movie.etc
    The old ash did seem well old the new ash is always new wich is why i like the new ash

Ayselipera

They were good till when the anime
    started going into the Hoenn region.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    New ones just because Ash was stupid and immature in the old days. I may be a comedy pig but immaturity is not funny, it's stupid.

And 4Kids was a Pokeshipping abuser. When they went out of the picture the show got slightly better on the 3rd gen. Then again, that's Biased.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2009
    Hmmm...though I prefer the old one, they're both actually ok to me.

The old one's more immature, thus funnier and more amusing.

The new one's more intelligent, it's great to see him develop new strategies in pokemon battles!

But all in all, I still like his personality very much, always determined, optimistic, strong-willed, etc. :)

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I want the New One because maybe he is now near to become a Pokemon Master right?

~Fairytales.

It has never been explained what a Pokémon Master is. As a result, winning the Sinnoh League or the Battle Frontier wouldn't necassarily make him a Pokémon Master.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Old ones no doubt. Kanto/Johto were my favorites. I still go back to watch them sometimes today as well, I have not seen all the newer ones but slowly I am working my way up to seeing all of them. I like the new as well though. I say old because that is what I grew up with. The determined Ash and it was always to intense. Traveling with Misty and Brock was the best no matter how much I like Dawn. Can never forget how it all started. :)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • New ash. He has a much better team now and it seems he is getting way better. And by the team you who follow the raw instead of the dub and know about his recent Pokemon would agree with me.

Back